Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Turf and dome coming. Watch.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's typically the left that's obsessed with the "super-rich". I don't feel oppressed by the rich. The oppression comes from the State and the bureaucrats who wield power within the State. No rich person is coming to my house to take my money. The State is doing that.
Yeah no mention of the industries and corporate entities who have their dicks so far up your ass you think it's your own organ. Like the telecom oligopoly who lobbies against municipal broadband while at the same time charging you the second highest prices in the world, for service that is no longer in the top-10 in terms of speed.

..or mention of the healthcare industry, where not only do we pay the highest healthcare costs in the world (by more than a factor of two), but we're not even ranked in the top 20 30. You ever notice that health clinics nationwide have been replaced by brand-spanking-new ER facilities, which charge Hospital Emergency Room rates without the benefit of a full hospital staff on hand? You know who's paying to have all those clinics replaced with these brand-spanking-new facilities? We are. Yeah, there's urgent care as an option, but with my excellent insurance an urgent care co-pay is $50, followed by a follow-up cost of $15-25 that I magically get charged later on. Heaven forbid you go to a hospital, where half the people treating you or taking tests are likely not to be "in your network", and you get months of bills from companies you've never heard of.

..or the automobile lobby, who pays your politicians millions of dollars a year to keep laws on the books making it illegal for you to bypass them and buy directly from a manufacturer.

I'm not saying that governments are perfect, but we know that industry does not have our best interest at hand, ever. It's being proven now and it's been proven time and time again in the past.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You're clearly projecting when you accuse me of blaming others for my being poor. You blame the rich for your being poor. An inability or unwillingness to recognize one's own hypocrisy is a bad quality in a person. Work on that.
I'm not poor and I don't have the govt knocking on my door for taxes like you said you do buddy. Just because you default to "projection" with every single reply to my posts, which are only just paraphrasing YOUR words doesn't make me guilty of "hypocrisy" bud.

Grow up and discover your own perspective and argue that. I'm not "the left" just because it makes it easier for you to be against something and argue against narratives lol.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I'm not poor and I don't have the govt knocking on my door for taxes like you said you do buddy. Just because you default to "projection" with every single reply to my posts, which are only just paraphrasing YOUR words doesn't make me guilty of "hypocrisy" bud.

Grow up and discover your own perspective and argue that. I'm not "the left" just because it makes it easier for you to be against something and argue against narratives lol.

Ok so in other words, you take personal responsibility for however much money you do or don't have and you have nothing against the rich. Congratulations, you're now an honorary conservative. Welcome to the club pal.

P.S. you do have the government knocking on your door to take your money, you have to pay the entertainment tax like the rest of us do. You have to pay sales taxes. You have to pay cannabis purchase taxes (if you buy cannabis legally). These are all examples of mandatory taxes that disproportionately affect the poor. The rich aren't the ones complaining about sales taxes. This is the stuff that hurts the poor and middle class the most.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ok so in other words, you take personal responsibility for however much money you do or don't have and you have nothing against the rich. Congratulations, you're now an honorary conservative. Welcome to the club pal.

P.S. you do have the government knocking on your door to take your money, you have to pay the entertainment tax like the rest of us do. You have to pay sales taxes. You have to pay cannabis purchase taxes (if you buy cannabis legally). These are all examples of mandatory taxes that disproportionately affect the poor. The rich aren't the ones complaining about sales taxes. This is the stuff that hurts the poor and middle class the most.
are you done yet?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

I’m not rich myself, but you must never hang around rich people. They probably complain more than poor and middle class.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Yeah no mention of the industries and corporate entities who have their dicks so far up your ass you think it's your own organ. Like the telecom oligopoly who lobbies against municipal broadband while at the same time charging you the second highest prices in the world, for service that is no longer in the top-10 in terms of speed.

..or mention of the healthcare industry, where not only do we pay the highest healthcare costs in the world (by more than a factor of two), but we're not even ranked in the top 20 30. You ever notice that health clinics nationwide have been replaced by brand-spanking-new ER facilities, which charge Hospital Emergency Room rates without the benefit of a full hospital staff on hand? You know who's paying to have all those clinics replaced with these brand-spanking-new facilities? We are. Yeah, there's urgent care as an option, but with my excellent insurance an urgent care co-pay is $50, followed by a follow-up cost of $15-25 that I magically get charged later on. Heaven forbid you go to a hospital, where half the people treating you or taking tests are likely not to be "in your network", and you get months of bills from companies you've never heard of.

..or the automobile lobby, who pays your politicians millions of dollars a year to keep laws on the books making it illegal for you to bypass them and buy directly from a manufacturer.

I'm not saying that governments are perfect, but we know that industry does not have our best interest at hand, ever. It's being proven now and it's been proven time and time again in the past.

But you're not talking about rich individuals here, you're talking about over-powerful mega corporations and their lobbies. This is the 1-2% of corporations. Most businesses (98%) are small businesses and do not have powerful lobbies at their beck and call.

Yes, government is not perfect. That's an understatement. When we bemoan the outsized influence that mega-corporations and lobbies have, we have to realize that this is one side of the coin, and the other side is the government. There would be nothing to lobby for if government itself was powerless. When we think about taxes levied on the poor/working class and about the State that mandates those taxes, we have to ask ourselves if we're getting our money's worth.

I look at states like Illinois or California, that are poorly managed, and in debt, and whose citizens are over-taxed, and I look at the quality of services those taxes provide, I believe any reasonable person would say that our taxes are not going toward any quality services to make those taxes worthwhile. The pension crisis in Illinois is real, and federal systems like Social Security, Medicaid, the VA, etc., are all examples of the wastefulness and inefficiency of government services. I don't know anyone who's happy with those services, not people on the left and not people on the right. It's absurd that citizens see this and clamor to be taxed MORE. It's like an abusive relationship, the government keeps shitting on you and we the people keep coming back to ask for more.

Last edited:

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:

So the state is corrupt is what you're saying?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently you are saying that corporations are our friends and always act in the public's best interest, and would never pressure government to pass laws which they benefit from at the greater expense of the people. Because our politicians represent people, not companies, you know, since the politicans can't have corporations advertise on their behalf. Oh wait, but they can. Oh and by the way, Net Neutrality Repeal laws were actually drafted by telecom companies and wholeheartedly pushed by the FCC.

Last edited:

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
If we're getting a new stadium I hope they keep the name Soldier Field, because that name is just awesome. Don't let some corporation buy the rights and rename it to something lame, like Guaranteed Rate Field, or something...

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I truly believe Illinois just needs 2 more terms of voting blue politicians to correct the state budget crisis, etc.

We got this!

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This is Illinois where we had 3 fucking Governors go to jail. I know how it works to save money on property taxes, state taxes, etc... Get people who are your friends into local govt, and let them teach you the ways to save money. You wouldn't know half this stuff unless you have the time to research and know where to look, or pay people specialized to do it. The rich pay and know all the loopholes their paid experts tell them. I learn the same loopholes through my govt buddies. If not, I would pay 13,000/year in property taxes. Now I pay $6000. My comps? Mayor's and both alderman's homes. Be smart and learn to socialize and network. $1000 now could save you tens of thousands down the road.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
The Bears deserve a new stadium, but under no circumstances should taxpayers ever have to pay for it. It's just an extremely shitty thing to do to people, and if I were an owner, I'd be embarrassed. It's like when tone-deaf celebrities goad people into funding their gofundme's or kickstarters.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Semantic arguments. It opened in 04 i believe. Either way i feel thats pretty new in stadium years. Anyone disagree with me on that? It's not the tax payers fault they opted to build a piece of shit.
It re-opened in September 2003

Last edited: