Chiefs @ Bears IGT

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bronk's gonna make the squad probably with Shaheen's immediate availability still being a mystery.

Shit, when Shaheen gets off PUP, NAGY will be sending out Three TEs wide, bunched and crisscrossing

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hey idiot...the question was would you take White at a couple mil or some nobody (your word) for THAT SAME couple mil.

You're creating a false equivalency there bud. Just because I said any pedestrian NFL WR could give you 300 yards and 2 TDs doesn't mean I would sign some random free agent WR to replace White's presumed 300 yards and 2 TDs. In fact I clearly said I would let him walk in free agency and keep Wims as his replacement. Then you can take a flyer on another WR next draft to put another one in the pipeline at #5/6 receiver. At no point am I talking about paying White or someone else in free agency.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Is that even a serious question? Would I rather keep a receiver who has been lost to IR for 3 seasons having to pay him x millions of dollars to re-sign him versus keeping a cheap 7th round pick that is younger and costs you a fraction of that for similar if not better production...

I've already stated my piece loud and clear. If 300 yards and 2 TDs is all you're getting out of Kevin White...you have to be stone cold fucked in the head to want to re-sign him. Full Stop.

We have so many passing weapons though. Look at this list man:

Robinson
Burton
Miller
Gabriel
Cohen
Shaheen (should he not miss much time)

Those are the primary targets then you got:

Howard
Wims
Bellamy
Cunningham

For White to be able to carve out any sort of role on an offense as stacked as this it would mean that he certainly has good ability, because I don't think we're going to see a 1K yard receiving season from anyone. Hell, there may be no one with above 750 yards.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Chiefs are going to win 10-11 games and the Bears backups are beating the Chiefs starters 21-10, how many wins will the Bears get?

If Jerry beat up Johnny and Johnny beat up Gary, Will Jerry beat up Gary ??

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You're creating a false equivalency there bud. Just because I said any pedestrian NFL WR could give you 300 yards and 2 TDs doesn't mean I would sign some random free agent WR to replace White's presumed 300 yards and 2 TDs. In fact I clearly said I would let him walk in free agency and keep Wims as his replacement. Then you can take a flyer on another WR next draft to put another one in the pipeline at #5/6 receiver. At no point am I talking about paying White or someone else in free agency.

But it isn't a choice between him and Wims. BOTH will be on this roster.

The choice would be do you let White walk after that type of season, in this diverse offense, this year, on the hope you can find another Wims...or replace White with that "nobody" you spoke of.

So basically...do you even have a clue what you were arguing against here???

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Should White stay healthy and produce something like 30 receptions/300 yards/2 TDs while drawing attention away from the go to guys then I would be happy to bring him back on a nice team friendly deal.

That's literally 18 yards a game over the course of 16 games. You could sign anybody off the street to give you that.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But it isn't a choice between him and Wims. BOTH will be on this roster.

The choice would be do you let White walk after that type of season, in this diverse offense, this year, on the hope you can find another Wims...or replace White with that "nobody" you spoke of.

So basically...do you even have a clue what you were arguing against here???

What are you even talking about anymore? I am referring to 2019...clearly...if that is all White is offering you as a receiver he isn't even remotely worth re-signing. I don't give a shit who he's replaced by at that point, though I offered a suggestion of how brutally easy it would be to replace fucking 300 yards and 2 TDs...Kevin White...is that you?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Robinson
Burton
Miller
Gabriel
Cohen

Howard
Wims
Bellamy
Cunningham

For White to be able to carve out any sort of role on an offense as stacked as this it would mean that he certainly has good ability, because I don't think we're going to see a 1K yard receiving season from anyone. Hell, there may be no one with above 750 yards.

Injuries happen

I know white is the least reliable person with his injuries but you never know how quickly all those weapons can get injured then he becomes a neef

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Robinson
Burton
Miller
Gabriel
Cohen

Howard
Wims
Bellamy
Cunningham

Unless Trubisky can throw for 6,500 yds, i think he can do it...lol

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Jerry beat up Johnny and Johnny beat up Gary, Will Jerry beat up Gary ??

hahahaha good stuff, and yes Jerry will absolutely beat up Gary if Jerry beat up Johnny and Johnny beat up Gary......:shrug:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It was just a preseason game but here’s a football fact, first stringers loathe the idea of getting handled by the JV squad. That’s exactly what happened today and pretty convincingly.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Chiefs won't win 10-11 games with that defense. The offense will be potent but their defense is garbage.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
What are you even talking about anymore? I am referring to 2019...clearly...if that is all White is offering you as a receiver he isn't even remotely worth re-signing. I don't give a shit who he's replaced by at that point, though I offered a suggestion of how brutally easy it would be to replace fucking 300 yards and 2 TDs...Kevin White...is that you?

Sigh...,eventually you might get it. Yes, that particular production could be replaced. But that production is EXACTLY what allows you to sign White for that contract. And his potential, just based on his size and speed, would be much greater than any nobody you could dig up. And if you did happen to strike gold and find another Wims....well, White's contract isnt forcing you to keep him on the roster.

If you just relax and look at it logically (hard to do on ccs, i know) it makes a lot of sense.

Even if at this point it is a COMPLETELY hypothetical situation...

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You can get that out of any pedestrian WR in the NFL. 300 yards and 2 TDs is nothingburger. Wims alone could replace that.

White will surpass those numbers by Week 5.

But why in God’s name is this total speculation worth 20 posts and hijacking a game thread?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
White will surpass those numbers by Week 5.

I certainly fucking hope White plays well enough and stays healthy that he earns a contract. I haven't given up on him but should he only post 300 yards 2 TDs then he's beyond written off in my book. That was all I was getting at. There has to be a threshold. Some line you're drawing where you're saying okay he played well enough for me to reasonably think there is more there and he can be a piece going forward.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Kevin Fishbain

@kfishbain
Matt Nagy: "If we win that game against Green Bay, trust me, it wasn't because we didn't play 25 [plays today], and if we lose it, it's the same thing. I'll promise you that."

5:01 PM - Aug 25, 2018

Adam Hoge

@AdamHoge
Andy Reid said Matt Nagy gave him a heads up yesterday as he was getting on the plane that he wasn’t playing his starters. “Probably smart on his part,” Reid said.

4:25 PM - Aug 25, 2018

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I certainly fucking hope White plays well enough and stays healthy that he earns a contract. I haven't given up on him but should he only post 300 yards 2 TDs then he's beyond written off in my book. That was all I was getting at. There has to be a threshold. Some line you're drawing where you're saying okay he played well enough for me to reasonably think there is more there and he can be a piece going forward.

What the hell are you talking about? How is any of that a response to what I said.

Why are you hellbent on writing about this nonsense nonstop?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What the hell are you talking about? How is any of that a response to what I said.

Why are you hellbent on writing about this nonsense nonstop?

xero is going through a thing.