Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
We were talking about the next level of player in a deep class and not a sure 1st rounder. You're using a specific to define a general. The type of player you're talking about, teams will trade for so need and preference become less significant.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So you think Dent was "good"? The SB MVP, hall of famer was "good"? Way to go out on a limb.

Obama-Laugh.jpg

Yea, you know thats not what I meant.

Now you turds are trying to put words into my mouth.

All I said, in response to someone saying we could have had mims, is that nearly every team passed on him twice.

That obviously shows he wasn't valued enough by every other team to be taken before 59.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
That would make more sense if hamler, Claypool, Laviska, and Van Jefferson didn't all go before him.

He obviously was not viewed as valued by most teams.
LMAO. No. It means teams liked them more. It doesn’t mean he wasn’t a first / second round talent. It just means they were too which is why this was the deepest WR draft in recent memory.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

All I said, in response to someone saying we could have had mims, is that nearly every team passed on him twice.

That obviously shows he wasn't valued enough by every other team to be taken before 59.

"every team passed on him twice"

Kind of like Dent. You are not getting this.

It's okay, everyone else gets it.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
I've not been able to follow the various arguments going on. Could someone please summarize who is on what side and what their argument is?

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I also do not get where this "rookie TEs take time" thing comes from. Recently highly drafted TEs have not struggled to at least contribute as rookies. The last one who flat out could not get on the field was Travis Kelce.

Most rookie TEs over the last couple of season, who were drafted high, produce somewhere around 50 targets, 36-37 catches, 400-500 yards, 3-5 TDs

I'm pretty sure it came from you saying rookie TEs take time to contribute!

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
Why was he listed at only 250lbs at the combine? Is this accurate? Cause his 4.7 forty is fine for a stud tight end when you look at historical comps. But is he gonna play at 250 or the 265 he is usually listed at, and will it affect his speed?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I’m ok with this pick. Everyone says we have 10 TEs. Truth is we only have a few who are NFL caliber. The TE room will be Graham-Kmet-Harris-Holtz-maybe Horsted. At least Pace revamped that shitshow of a position group that was on the team last year.

I think people are sleeping on Horsted. He's a perfect undersized U. That can come out of the backfield as a reciever on PA.

You can run a 3 TE set with Graham Kmet and Horsted in the backfield with Robinson on an Island. And depending on the matchup you can attack defenses accordingly.

In nickel the defense gets run over 75% of the time for 5+ yards.

If they have 3 linebackers, Graham Kmet and (Harris, Holtz, or Horsted) get their draw of the slower option at Linebacker while still having the defense looking in the backfield for a run. This turns 1 yard separation into 2.

If a safety cheats into the box you have Robinson on an island. With man coverage and a 1 deep look at safety Robinson can dominate. This also provides help for the running game as it forces defenses to stay honest in ther gap responsibilities before commiting to attack the runner.

The best teams always have great Tight ends.

If there was another Kmet in the 2nd next year we should take him.

Look at the last 10 years of superbowl winners. The TE is the 2nd most important player on offense now. Has been for a while.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve been watching all of Kmet’s 2019 snaps. Dude is open a lot. Not targeted a ton, but is open on almost 90% of his routes. His run blocking is decent. I think he show’s a lot of promise. If he played any other position besides TE (or QB) I’d say there’s a strong chance he contributes right away. Unfortunately TE’s just don’t. They will probably work him into the red zone first.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I’ve been watching all of Kmet’s 2019 snaps. Dude is open a lot. Not targeted a ton, but is open on almost 90% of his routes. His run blocking is decent. I think he show’s a lot of promise. If he played any other position besides TE (or QB) I’d say there’s a strong chance he contributes right away. Unfortunately TE’s just don’t. They will probably work him into the red zone first.
I think he will be on the field a lot but I don’t know if he’s gonna do much early on. Harris is too much of a tell for running the ball and there’s not another TE on the roster who can block without tipping their hand to running the ball.

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:
There's nobody in front of him on the depth chart but the oft-injured Jimmy Graham. He may get yanked early if he misses a few blocks and lets the QB get blown up, but barring that he's going to see the field a lot. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll contribute right away, but it's possible.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
There's nobody in front of him on the depth chart but the oft-injured Jimmy Graham. He may get yanked early if he misses a few blocks and lets the QB get blown up, but barring that he's going to see the field a lot. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll contribute right away, but it's possible.

How exactly is Graham "oft-injured"? In 10 years, he's played in 15-16 games in 9 of them. In 2015, he played in 11 games. The guy is as durable as they come.

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:
How exactly is Graham "oft-injured"? In 10 years, he's played in 15-16 games in 9 of them. In 2015, he played in 11 games. The guy is as durable as they come.
He doesn't miss a lot of games but he's always nursing some kind of injury, why do you think he wasn't the starter for 1/3rd of his games? He has never once in his entire career started all 16 games.

The Saints specifically used him a bunch only in goal line situations when he was hurt, so he "played" but only like 5-6 snaps.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
He doesn't miss a lot of games but he's always nursing some kind of injury, why do you think he wasn't the starter for 1/3rd of his games? He has never once in his entire career started all 16 games.

The Saints specifically used him a bunch only in goal line situations when he was hurt, so he "played" but only like 5-6 snaps.

How do you average 65 receptions and 800 yards per game over a 10 year period playing 5-6 snaps a game?

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

Noob. There are "negative" things you can say about Graham like his age and contract but "oft injured" is not one of them. DUH!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think he will be on the field a lot but I don’t know if he’s gonna do much early on. Harris is too much of a tell for running the ball and there’s not another TE on the roster who can block without tipping their hand to running the ball.

Harris is too much of a tell for running the ball? What?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Why is that relevant? Kittle wasnt valued as mich as Shaheen. Passed over by most teams 5 times.

All that matters is whether the player ends up being good or not.

If someone thinks Mims is better then they habe that right until Kmet proves them wrong. Your argument is completely irrelevant.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Harris is too much of a tell for running the ball? What?
He’s not much of a passing threat at all. When he’s out there it’s pretty much just going to be for run blocking. It tips their hand.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He’s not much of a passing threat at all. When he’s out there it’s pretty much just going to be for run blocking. It tips their hand.

You have no evidence to support this at all. TEs can also pass block, and lots of time they run routes where they are the 3 or 4 read.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You have no evidence to support this at all. TEs can also pass block, and lots of time they run routes where they are the 3 or 4 read.
In a full 16 game season the most targets he’s ever gotten in a season is 35 and it came out to a grand total of 224 yards. Like I said he’s not a receiving threat.