Cole Kmet

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
They run more routes and get more targets.

In the Bears 2020 offense, I am pretty sure that WR3 is going to see a significant reduction in usage.

I suppose my suggestion is that the bears could’ve grabbed Denzel mims and had him play WR 2, which would’ve allowed Anthony Miller to move to the slot. I think that would’ve made for quite the dynamic group even though they are lacking over the top speed. I really question if Anthony Miller can stay healthy. I also question that if healthy can he be a true #2 weapon. Hopefully wims or Ridley step up to the plate but the bears an Allen robinson injury away from being a completely inept offense.

That being said, Kmet should quickly step in as the best TE on this team.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Plus, its the weirdest drill to nitpick about.

Bench is important for TE's, it shows upperbody strength and push in the run game.

Broad jump same thing.

Vertical is probably the most important, because it increases your catch radius.

All 3 cone shows is that he isn't capable of playing cornerback or defensive end. Plenty of TE's and WR's have had poor 3 cones and succeeded in the nfl.

3 cone is pretty important for WRs, but yeah, TEs, not so much.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I suppose my suggestion is that the bears could’ve grabbed Denzel mims and had him play WR 2, which would’ve allowed Anthony Miller to move to the slot. I think that would’ve made for quite the dynamic group even though they are lacking over the top speed. I really question if Anthony Miller can stay healthy. I also question that if healthy can he be a true #2 weapon. Hopefully wims or Ridley step up to the plate but the bears an Allen robinson injury away from being a completely inept offense.

Nearly every team passed on denzel mims twice.

The bears obviously did not like him, just like many other teams.

Same thing with Jones.

Other than that there wasn't a WR there to take besides who...hamler? IDK. Mooney will provide that deep option. Or at least should.

Not too much to ask a rookie speedster to run the occasional 9 route or screen.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Once Higgins and Pittman came off the board, I don't think any WR was worth taking at the Bears pick.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I guess Haugh and Pompei really liked both picks. Hub was not wild about Kmet but was happy with JJ.
hubs son likes kmet but thinks they thought they were going to get claypool w/ their 2nd pick, he thinks they could have got kmet with 50 or traded and still got him and also added a pick ...anyway backseat driving

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cohen is still going to get a fuckton of targets too now that we have two tight ends.

You run both graham and Kmet out there with cohen and its mismatch city.

Teams can choose to bring in more DB's, if they do, hopefully we can run it down their throat(lol who am i kidding, run the ball? lol)

Teams can keep their base set and put a linebacker on graham/kmet and lose.

Teams can put a corner/safety on graham/kmet and a linebacker on cohen and lose.

Having two good TE's really is going to be interesting to see.

Putting a linebacker on any of Graham/cohen/kmet is a major mismatch.

Yes, I’m hoping we get good Cohen again now that we have NFL TEs.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
And mark andrews ran a poor 3 cone as well.

It isn't stopping him from tearing up the NFL.

I never said it will prevent him from tearing up the NFL. I should have been clearer on that. The three cone drill isn’t a definite indicator of NFL success.

My point was that the majority of the TEs recently drafted, that have had success, outperformed Cole’s three cone drill time. It‘s a fair criticism and I think it’s worth directing how his other traits can offset it. I don’t like the Mark Andrews comparison because the “Lamar Jackson“ effect on opposing linebackers creates a lot of space for him.

He does have more mass on his body than the guys I listed. Defenses aren’t going to want to tackle him, especially when Chicago weather is in full force.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

Same thing with Jones.

Other than that there wasn't a WR there to take besides who...hamler? IDK. Mooney will provide that deep option. Or at least should.

Not too much to ask a rookie speedster to run the occasional 9 route or screen.

Every team passed on Kmet in round one.

Every team passed on Riley Ridley 4 times.

This argument is bad.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
His closest physical comparison is Gronk.

No one is saying that they are going to be the same player.

Too much ensure this AM?
Get back to your mock draft. 2027 needs you

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whomever's playing TE is going to get the rock a lot this year. Who knows, maybe there's a chance to be better. I'm still concerned with the things I was concerned with after last year's draft.
  1. Offensive line
  2. Lack of speed at the receiver position

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

"The Bears obviously did not like him"

LOL, any player not drafted in the first round is not liked. One of the dumbest things I have ever read on CCS. If a player is drafted in the third round or later, his team hates him.

Next level stupid.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I never said it will prevent him from tearing up the NFL. I should have been clearer on that. The three cone drill isn’t a definite indicator of NFL success.

My point was that the majority of the TEs recently drafted, that have had success, outperformed Cole’s three cone drill time. It‘s a fair criticism and I think it’s worth directing how his other traits can offset it. I don’t like the Mark Andrews comparison because the “Lamar Jackson“ effect on opposing linebackers creates a lot of space for him.

He does have more mass on his body than the guys I listed. Defenses aren’t going to want to tackle him, especially when Chicago weather is in full force.

"C'mon, man! You had a clear shot at tackling that TE. Why didn't you bring him down?"

"Snowed yesterday."

msadows

Liked Posts:

How about DK Metcalf then?

msadows

Liked Posts:
"The Bears obviously did not like him"

LOL, any player not drafted in the first round is not liked. One of the dumbest things I have ever read on CCS. If a player is drafted in the third round or later, his team hates him.

Next level stupid.

Uhh....yes, it obviously means they didn't value him enough at 43 to take him.

And neither did 31 other teams with their first and 2nd round pick.

He was mocked as a first rounder by most places. He dropped a round. Usually thats a clear indicator of teams not being as high on a player as we fans are.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Every team passed on Kmet in round one.

Every team passed on Riley Ridley 4 times.

This argument is bad.

Cole Kmet isn't an elite TE prospect.

He was the best one in the NFL draft this year, however.

Riley Ridley had a lot of holes in his game, and was a very raw prospect. It's why he dropped to round 4.

That isn't similar to a WR who destroyed the combine, put up great college stats, and was projected to be a late first.

He dropped to the end of the 2nd. That shows that teams were much less high on him than we were.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I realize these publications need to fill profiles with something, but I fo rone don't give two shits what a prospect's uncle did athletically.
Bingo, These armchair analysts have to keep churning out copy. They are honest but they don't do any real due diligence on a prospect. From factual data that I have seen with my actual eyes, Kmet is a plus athlete in respect to speed and power but not overly nimble in small spaces. He has shown he is a willing and capable blocker, but like most Tight Ends coming out of college his blocking skills are rough. That should get cleaned up in a hurry. After looking at this tape I don't see a 'U' or a 'Y' Tight End, I see a hybrid. He is fast enough to get open from a linebacker and strong enough to compete for the ball. WE will see what we see, but people assuming anything about KMET in the NFL are just flat guessing. I like his style, he looks like Ditka out there. But, that is just a guess. Have a nice day. Go Bears!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
How about DK Metcalf then?

Metcalf was used more as a deep threat, specifically because he needed work. They weren't really asking him to run precise routes last year.