Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Uhh....yes, it obviously means they didn't value him enough at 43 to take him.

And neither did 31 other teams with their first and 2nd round pick.

He was mocked as a first rounder by most places. He dropped a round. Usually thats a clear indicator of teams not being as high on a player as we fans are.

You are so full of shit.

You think any player drafted after the second round was not liked, that is beyond stupid.

Not worth a first =/= don't like.

"thats a clear indicator of teams not being as high on a player as we fans are." Who fucking cares what the fans think?

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
How about DK Metcalf then?

So you bring up one of the biggest freak athletes in recent history?

You seem to be hung up on trying to prove a slow three cone drill time equates to a poor NFL player. Ive already dismissed this notion. Dont pat yourself on the back for finding a player that plays a completely different position to reinforce an argument while missing my point. (Again).

The point was that if your going to have an average ability to make quick cuts, your going to need to offset that with other attributes. I’m looking for a discussion on how his other attributes can overcome the slow three cone time. I reinforced my point by giving you a list of successful, recently drafted tight ends with better three cone times.

I simply haven’t seen enough of his tape (don't follow ND) to know if he utilizes his vertical for jump balls, if he has strength (no bench press test) to bully defenders, or if he can dissect defenses (find holes in zone coverage). It sounded like you watched more of his tape which is why I quoted you.

My initial impression was that he is a high floor - medium ceiling tight end.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You are so full of shit.

You think any player drafted after the second round was not liked, that is beyond stupid.

Not worth a first =/= don't like.

"thats a clear indicator of teams not being as high on a player as we fans are." Who fucking cares what the fans think?

I'm not saying a team doesn't like them AT ALL, what I'm saying is they don't value them enough to take them as high as well all assumed they were worth.

Everyone had Jones/Mims as high firsts/early 2nd's. This was obviously not the case.

If they were the talents most thought they were they wouldn't have been passed up twice by teams

msadows

Liked Posts:
So you bring up one of the biggest freak athletes in recent history?

You seem to be hung up on trying to prove a slow three cone drill time equates to a poor NFL player. Ive already dismissed this notion. Dont pat yourself on the back for finding a player that player that plays a completely different position to reinforce an argument while missing my point. (Again).

The point was that if your going to have an average ability to make quick cuts, your going to need to offset that with other attributes. I’m looking for a discussion on how his other attributes can overcome the slow three cone time. I reinforced my point by giving you a list of successful, recently drafted tight ends with better three cone times.

I simply haven’t seen enough of his tape (don't follow ND) to know if he utilizes his vertical for jump balls, if he has strength (no bench press test) to bully defenders, or if he can dissect defenses (find holes in zone coverage). It sounded like you watched more of his tape which is why I quoted you.

My initial impression was that he is a high floor - medium ceiling tight end.

I'm saying a 3 cone really doesn't mean shit at TE.

You make one cut, maybe two, per passing play.

It really only matters for DB's and DE's.

It's a test of agility at a position that relies on it the least out of all the skill positions.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
LOL. Aaron Rodgers fell in his draft. Dez Bryant fell in his draft. Randy Moss fell in his draft. Rob Gronkowski fell in his draft. It happens. Sometimes there is a run on another position or sometimes players just fall. That doesnt mean the player is any less of a player.

msadows

Liked Posts:
LOL. Aaron Rodgers fell in his draft. Dez Bryant fell in his draft. Randy Moss fell in his draft. Rob Gronkowski fell in his draft. It happens. Sometimes there is a run on another position or sometimes players just fall. That doesnt mean the player is any less of a player.

They were all first rounders(besides gronk) and all fell for certain reasons. (Rodgers it was mechanics, Moss it was off the field issues, Bryant it was attitude issues)

Falling a full round(or longer in the case of jones) and having teams pass on you twice is a lil different than falling 10-15 spots when you have no "known" concerns.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Holy shit. People are actually worrying about a slightly slower 3 cone for a big TE that was a 2 sport player and not doing specific training for football all year.? Watch film on how he moves. Kellen Davis had a 7.25.

Check out little Shannon Sharp's combine grade. Shannon Sharpe | TE | Savannah State (GA) - NFL Combine Results

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not saying a team doesn't like them AT ALL, what I'm saying is they don't value them enough to take them as high as well all assumed they were worth.

Everyone had Jones/Mims as high firsts/early 2nd's. This was obviously not the case.

If they were the talents most thought they were they wouldn't have been passed up twice by teams

It sounds like this is the first time you have followed an NFL draft, you have no idea what you are talking about. The goal for every team is to get a player with the the lowest possible draft pick.

Richard Dent was passed up in the draft by every team in the NFL including the Bears.

Richard Dent is a SB MVP and HOF player, "they don't value them enough to take them as high as well all assumed they were worth." Still LOL at that silliness.

Just stop, the shit you are posting is beyond ridicules.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Also I'm fairly certain gronk didn't fall? But I don't remember all the way back to the 2010 draft that clearly.

His college stats weren't amazing.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm saying a 3 cone really doesn't mean shit at TE.

You make one cut, maybe two, per passing play.

It really only matters for DB's and DE's.

It's a test of agility at a position that relies on it the least out of all the skill positions.
It all matters and all has to be taken with a grain of salt. It's one fucking #. Could have been a bad day, not optimized shoes. constipation or any the fuck else and if none of that wouldn't matter anyway. Kid is athletic, huge, blocks well enough, seems smart and catches like a WR.

You also seem to be the only one to know which side of an argument you are on.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It sounds like this is the first time you have followed an NFL draft, you have no idea what you are talking about. The goal for every team is to get a player with the the lowest possible draft pick.

Richard Dent was passed up in the draft by every team in the NFL including the Bears.

Richard Dent is a SB MVP and HOF player, "they don't value them enough to take them as high as well all assumed they were worth." Still LOL at that silliness.

Just stop, the shit you are posting is beyond ridicules.

I'm not saying the player can't be good.

You're making shit up now.

I said the bears, and EVERY OTHER TEAM didn't value them enough to take them TWICE.

If they did, they wouldn't have risked them dropping to take them.

It's why you make a draft board for a reason, dude. You usually take BPA. They obviously were not of value on that draft board for 32 teams.

WTF?

msadows

Liked Posts:
This all started because someone said they wanted Mims, not even sure who it was now.

All I said was that the bears weren't the only team who didn't value him enough to take him.

If any team did, they would have. Its pretty simple.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Far from simple. You can love the guy but like someone else at another position a hair more or simply are boxed into drafting for need. It's the same reason guys often get overdrafted. 31 GMs can think he'll slide but it only takes one to love him. Where a guy gets drafted, does not guarantee how he was viewed inside 1 round.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Far from simple. You can love the guy but like someone else at another position a hair more or simply are boxed into drafting for need. It's the same reason guys often get overdrafted. 31 GMs can think he'll slide but it only takes one to love him. Where a guy gets drafted, does not guarantee how he was viewed inside 1 round.

When a guy is seen as a first round prospect and falls a full round to me that is usually a sign of a red flag.

To each their own.

You never know, however. It happened to DK Metcalf last year.

I was just defending the fact that pace passed on him by stating every team did as well twice.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
They were all first rounders(besides gronk) and all fell for certain reasons. (Rodgers it was mechanics, Moss it was off the field issues, Bryant it was attitude issues)

Falling a full round(or longer in the case of jones) and having teams pass on you twice is a lil different than falling 10-15 spots when you have no "known" concerns.
Or maybe it happened because it was the deepest WR draft in a very long time and teams thought they get value at the position later and not get as good value at a different position? Drafts are fluid dude.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not saying the player can't be good.

You're making shit up now.

I said the bears, and EVERY OTHER TEAM didn't value them enough to take them TWICE.

If they did, they wouldn't have risked them dropping to take them.

It's why you make a draft board for a reason, dude. You usually take BPA. They obviously were not of value on that draft board for 32 teams.

WTF?
So you think Dent was "good"? The SB MVP, hall of famer was "good"? Way to go out on a limb.

Obama-Laugh.jpg

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We were talking about the next level of player in a deep class and not a sure 1st rounder. You're using a specific to define a general. The type of player you're talking about, teams will trade for so need and preference become less significant.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Or maybe it happened because it was the deepest WR draft in a very long time and teams thought they get value at the position later and not get as good value at a different position? Drafts are fluid dude.

That would make more sense if hamler, Claypool, Laviska, and Van Jefferson didn't all go before him.

He obviously was not viewed as valued by most teams.