Cole Kmet

msadows

Liked Posts:
i dont mind going TE but just dont like kmet. And i think one of those picks needed to be a qb. Does anyone really think that nick foles and mitch trubisky are going to be good?

Does anyone think that any other QB is going to contribute this year?

This defense has a 2 year window.

Drafting jalen hurts doesn't do anything for you until this defense is shit. Probably ever tho, tbh.

Best case scenario is for mitch to win the starting job and end up playing like 2018.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I also do not get where this "rookie TEs take time" thing comes from. Recently highly drafted TEs have not struggled to at least contribute as rookies. The last one who flat out could not get on the field was Travis Kelce.

Most rookie TEs over the last couple of season, who were drafted high, produce somewhere around 50 targets, 36-37 catches, 400-500 yards, 3-5 TDs

I mean, there was just a TE drafted in the top 10 that debuted with 6, 132 and TD and didn't do much else all year. Sure he contributed, but I don't think anyone has argued a rookie TE can't contribute. Just I don't think you can rely on your whole offensive success being based on 2 TE sets with a rookie and a 36 year old as the TEs.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I mean, there was just a TE drafted in the top 10 that debuted with 6, 132 and TD and didn't do much else all year. Sure he contributed, but I don't think anyone has argued a rookie TE can't contribute. Just I don't think you can rely on your whole offensive success being based on 2 TE sets with a rookie and a 36 year old as the TEs.

People are acting like graham is done, I don't get it.

He was top 10 in most metrics the last two years combined in GB. This is on an offense that didn't try to make him a vocal point of it unless they hit the goal line.

He's not amazing, but he's decent, and a drastic improvement over what we had last year.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Its all because of the 3 cone.

His 40 time, broad jump, and vertical for his size is very good.

3 cone would mean more if he was a runningback. Unless we are handing the ball off to him regularly he won't be making precise cuts enough to make it matter that much. 3 cone matters most for RB/CB.

Disagree. Very important for anyone running routes or covering routes. It is related to a player's ability to get in and out of breaks. I look at Zach Ertz, and he's nowhere near the athlete that the other top TEs (Kelce, Kittle) are. But his 3-cone was really good. He frustrates me vs the Bears because I can't understand how he gets so open. Doesn't appear to be a great athlete, but i didn't realize his 3-cone was so good. He gets open by really getting in and out of breaks quickly. If Kmet can better that part of his game, he'll be a stud. If not, he can still be a solid Kyle Rudolph type. And Rudolph is fine, 1 or 2 pro bowls. Top 10 TE in the league most of his career.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

He was top 10 in most metrics the last two years combined in GB. This is on an offense that didn't try to make him a vocal point of it unless they hit the goal line.

He's not amazing, but he's decent, and a drastic improvement over what we had last year.

5 TDs in 2 years doesn't show he was even a focal point near the goalline. Everyone says, "GB didn't use him correctly", but maybe they didn't use him because he wasn't worth using. His usage went down in Seattle. His usage went down each year in GB. He's not decrepit at 33 years old, but he has played a lot of football. 10 years, over 1000 targets. Doesn't really miss games. His high end of production is probably similar to what Burton did in 2018. Which is whatever, they should be throwing the ball to Robinson and Miller anyway.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Its all because of the 3 cone.

His 40 time, broad jump, and vertical for his size is very good.

3 cone would mean more if he was a runningback. Unless we are handing the ball off to him regularly he won't be making precise cuts enough to make it matter that much. 3 cone matters most for RB/CB.

I agree.

The vertical and broad jump aren’t good, they are unique.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not saying Kmet will be Gronk, but that is the closets physical comparison you can make

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
i dont mind going TE but just dont like kmet. And i think one of those picks needed to be a qb. Does anyone really think that nick foles and mitch trubisky are going to be good?
If we fix the offense. TE, run game, scheme, coaching, then I think Trubisky will be good.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Hockenson battles injuries and still went for 32/367/2

Over 16 games that is 500 yards and 3 TDs.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Which is fine. I'd take 500 & 3 from Kmet this year in a heartbeat, but Hockenson was the 7th overall pick (and didn't actually get that). That's disappointing for him no matter how you slice it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
5 TDs in 2 years doesn't show he was even a focal point near the goalline. Everyone says, "GB didn't use him correctly", but maybe they didn't use him because he wasn't worth using. His usage went down in Seattle. His usage went down each year in GB. He's not decrepit at 33 years old, but he has played a lot of football. 10 years, over 1000 targets. Doesn't really miss games. His high end of production is probably similar to what Burton did in 2018. Which is whatever, they should be throwing the ball to Robinson and Miller anyway.

They tried to get him the ball in the endzone at times, it just didn't work.

You are more than welcome to watch some gamepass film if you want. A lot of the plays he ran in GB were not intended to go anywhere near him. Obviously there are always 1st,2nd,3rd reads, etc, but a ton of plays I saw they had him run a seam route just to suck up double coverage and a safety to free up davante adams running a corner/out/9 route.

What I'm sayin is they didn't really try to make him a vocal point of their offense until they got to the endzone.

I def. think he can do what burton did in 2018. He has more talent than burton. Runs better routes, better hands, knows where the soft spots in the zone are. The only thing burton had on him is speed, but he's also a midget for a TE so he better be fast.

Jimmy G was really excited to join the bears after he watched how we use the TE.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I agree.

The vertical and broad jump aren’t good, they are unique.
Anyone that invokes the name Gronkowski in the same sentence as another TE is an idiot. He is the greatest TE in history andwas the most disruptive force in the NFL. Invoking his name in comparison just indicates your lack of awareness. Mock drafts are easier

msadows

Liked Posts:
Anyone that invokes the name Gronkowski in the same sentence as another TE is an idiot. He is the greatest TE in history andwas the most disruptive force in the NFL. Invoking his name in comparison just indicates your lack of awareness. Mock drafts are easier

He's saying their measurables are the same.

Are they not?

A lot of people have been comparing him to shitty TE's in the NFL due to his measurables.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
He's saying their measurables are the same.

Are they not?

A lot of people have been comparing him to shitty TE's in the NFL due to his measurables.
Not buying it

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not buying it

its literally all the post you quoted is talking about.

His broad jump
vertical
and 40.

No one is comparing him to the greatest TE in football. They are saying that the greatest TE in football had similar measurables, so his measurables don't prevent him from being a good player.

People were throwing around Kyle Rudolph as his comp. This is kinda where this all stemmed from.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

His closest physical comparison is Gronk.

No one is saying that they are going to be the same player.

Too much ensure this AM?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Rodgers has really never been a big TE guy.1587919859849.png

msadows

Liked Posts:
Rodgers has really never been a big TE guy.

I can't find the gif's anymore(Think I deleted them) but I screen grabbed a ton of shit on Jimmy G in a packers uniform right after his signing. Was gonna make a thread about it.

There are a few plays where Rodgers clearly looks at graham while scrambling and just decides to throw it away instead of getting at least 3-5 yards.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Disagree. Very important for anyone running routes or covering routes. It is related to a player's ability to get in and out of breaks. I look at Zach Ertz, and he's nowhere near the athlete that the other top TEs (Kelce, Kittle) are. But his 3-cone was really good. He frustrates me vs the Bears because I can't understand how he gets so open. Doesn't appear to be a great athlete, but i didn't realize his 3-cone was so good. He gets open by really getting in and out of breaks quickly. If Kmet can better that part of his game, he'll be a stud. If not, he can still be a solid Kyle Rudolph type. And Rudolph is fine, 1 or 2 pro bowls. Top 10 TE in the league most of his career.

I'd take that and call the pick a success.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

I’d be happy with these stats. Problem with that is we are seeing more and more WR’s come out and hit 1k yards as rookies in the NFL. I don’t hate this pick as the more I read about Kmet the more I think he could be a player. I just wonder if the bears have done enough for at OL an WR for this kid to come in and have any impact.