Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Did anyone else notice that pace’s set up was in the living room and sparse and Nagy had a full on war room? Who’s calling the shots?
Nagy hasn't been able to get his fix of writing up plays on his wall sized whiteboard at Halas Hall, so he probably has sat up all night doing First-pick.com mock drafts calling Pace at 4 am when he gets one he likes. He only likes about 5% so he pinned those 500 to the wall for reference.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ok so I slept on it and re-evaluated.

I still hate the pick.

Can someone please tell me about another draft where TE1 succeeded with comparable college production? I can’t find any other TE1 with this little of college production, it’s crazy. Then, you see not another tight end selected for what felt like 100 picks. With all the top line talent available it felt like Pace did not let the board come to him. Kmet was the going to be the pick regardless.

I’m just not impressed. His biggest strength is getting tackled quickly.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Did anyone else notice that pace’s set up was in the living room and sparse and Nagy had a full on war room? Who’s calling the shots?
I thought the funniest thing I saw was Bellicheck, catch a football, look like the kid ignored him, than sat down behind a laptop that had a hand made patriots sign taped on the cover.
What we need to remember is the Kmet pick was spent to replace a bad TE pick a few years ago, but to me seemed like Pace needed to get the first chosen this year. Back to 12 TE's on the roster, cant say this was the best guy for right now, but like Jordan Love, three years from now, hopefully the man.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Prior to today , very few on this board wanted Kmet, it's amazing how fast some on here can talk themselves into loving a player, just because we drafted him.

why is that amazing? thats a normal fan reaction. Fans love the Bears and he is now a Bear so why would normal fans hate him? Only reason fans would dislike players on there favorite team would be if that player is hurting the team or is a asshole in real life. He seems like a good guy and hasn't had a chance to hurt the team. So yeah most people are going to be excited about a player that was graded out 1st round talent in a position of need..

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Ok so I slept on it and re-evaluated.

I still hate the pick.

Can someone please tell me about another draft where TE1 succeeded with comparable college production? I can’t find any other TE1 with this little of college production, it’s crazy.
Do you mean other than the top 3 TE's in the NFL last season?

Cole Kmet
1587820789126.png

Travis Kelce
1587820301921.png

Darren Waller
1587820525791.png

George Kittle
1587820374731.png

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine ordering 19 white castles over 5 years
Every time you ordered one whether at 2pm or late at 4am you got sick....do u keep ordering sliders knowing the shit doesnt work with your system?

Pace can't pick a QB or TE to save his life
I know youre just a troll and I shouldnt even respond but whatever. Pace has only picked 1 TE before Kmet. Stop acting like he has spent 5 draft picks on TE and missed on them all.

Burton was good before the injury and head case shit. Not sure how Pace was supposed to know about that.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Maybe that’s the key to success for TE’s. Don’t do shit in college. Pretty weird.

Those weren’t TE1’s in the draft but I see your point.
What are you referring to as a TE1? Positionally like WR1 or 1st TE picked in the draft? If you mean the latter, I misunderstood your post, as I have never seen that nomenclature to reference draft pick position.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe that’s the key to success for TE’s. Don’t do shit in college. Pretty weird.

If Kmet is anything like any of those guys I dont think anyone is going to mind the 2nd round pick used to get him.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
He’s not Shaheen. He’s athletic and doesn’t look awkward on the field. I swear, Shaheen looks like he breaks something every time he falls down...

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I understand why the pick was made. Nagy needs a TE for his offense to operate efficiently but we also need a OL for everything to work. I'm assuming if we dont go OT with our next pick we will grab a few castaways from around the league

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I thought the funniest thing I saw was Bellicheck, catch a football, look like the kid ignored him, than sat down behind a laptop that had a hand made patriots sign taped on the cover.
What we need to remember is the Kmet pick was spent to replace a bad TE pick a few years ago, but to me seemed like Pace needed to get the first chosen this year. Back to 12 TE's on the roster, cant say this was the best guy for right now, but like Jordan Love, three years from now, hopefully the man.
Somebody came in and taped that over the Apple emblem on his laptop. They’re not sponsors....

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
To get the best TE in the draft at 43 is a fine take. We only had 2 picks until RD5, so you know it was going to be one of them.

We filled 2 of tip 3 needs with two first round talents at 43 and 50. Not sure how you can bitch about that until they actually bust 3 years down the road...

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Was a 2 sport player (baseball). Will now train for and concentrate on Foosball only.
Dude has a 93-95 MPH fastball

dennehy

Liked Posts:

ND also had TEs drafted in 2019 and 2018. I don't think any true freshman TE is going to beat out a junior who is a 4th round pick for example. Also was a baseball player his first year so would have missed Spring practice.

It wouldn't have been my choice there, but I don't think production is a great argument.