College Thread

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Friend of mine just moved in today at Bama.
Nice. We're mostly done, but there's some stuff i'm going to wait to pack until later tonight or tomorrow morning(TV and cables, PS3). We're heading out tomorrow afternoon probably, stopping in Meridian for the night then to Atlanta. Move-in and camp is Monday.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Don't be afraid to look out of state as well. My final two schools came down to the University of Illinois and the University of Minnesota. I am studying mathematics and engineering. With scholarships Minnesota wound up being approximately $12,000 a year cheaper than UIUC in-state costs.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Friend of mine just moved in today at Bama.
Going back to campus in about a week. Moving into my new apartment in 11 days. :elephant:

Moving all my (and my roommate's) crap into the new place is going to suck

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is moving in really that hard....? Doesn't seem like I would have much other than clothes, a fan, and bedspread, and books....so how wrong am I? :lol:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Is moving in really that hard....? Doesn't seem like I would have much other than clothes, a fan, and bedspread, and books....so how wrong am I? :lol:

I have a lot of stuff: including a shit ton of toiletries. You will be surprised how much stuff you don't take, but at the same time you will be surprised at how much stuff you do. It's weird, but once you get to that point, you'll know what i'm talking about.

Also tech stuff. Laptop,lock,external hardrive, magsafe cable, usb cable,etc.

Didn't even realize we needed an ethernet splitter until Tech sent us a little reminder card. I had to settle for a damn 5 port.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not entirely. You'll have more stuff than just that, but it's not like a truckload or anything. See, me moving in stuff is way different because I'm not in dorms. I had waaaaaaaaaay less stuff to pack in dorms than I do now. Most of my stuff is like kitchenware and the like. That and a dinosaur tv from the 90s that requires 2 people to carry it to where it has to go. Pain in the butt.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I got a few more questions

1. Most schools seem to have these visit days called admitted visit days, like UIUC for example, so to do those visit days does that mean anyone who receives an acceptance letter can go to those or do you have to actually enroll there/commit to going there to do those visit days?

2. I will use depaul for an example on this question: the early action deadline is November 15 and they say you will be notified by January 15. If inget my application in by say October 15, will I be notified earlier? Or around January 15 no matter web I get everything in before the deadline?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So I got a few more questions

1. Most schools seem to have these visit days called admitted visit days, like UIUC for example, so to do those visit days does that mean anyone who receives an acceptance letter can go to those or do you have to actually enroll there/commit to going there to do those visit days?

2. I will use depaul for an example on this question: the early action deadline is November 15 and they say you will be notified by January 15. If inget my application in by say October 15, will I be notified earlier? Or around January 15 no matter web I get everything in before the deadline?
For the 1st one I think it's just if you're accepted.

As for the 2nd, as far as I know, it's the same notification date so long as you get it in by that deadline. That is, if you submit before November 15, you will receive notice on the 15th of January. If you submit after, you get notified on the regular admission date. It seemed that way for me anyway...I applied to UIUC a little before everyone else did and we all found out at the same time. In fact, a bunch of my friends that were on the robotics team with me all checked together after practice (which happened to be when the notifications were sent). I could be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure you find out at whatever date they tell you regardless of how much beforehand you apply UNLESS it's rolling admission. But we all know how that works now ;)

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Also how's moving in going Code?
We moved in basically everything and my parents got a lot of it set up while i was doing stuff with the band. I helped them out when we had a grace period(12:30-3:30) in regards to the actual unloading. We had some help from a PL/RA who seems pretty cool. We sent in a maintenance request to move down the loft(it's really high up right now)

I'm still staying in a hotel just off campus for the meantime, just until everything is good to go. My roommate is supposed to move in tomorrow.

Edit:A walmart just at the end of campus is opening on Wednesday. BOOYAH.

Last edited:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
For the 1st one I think it's just if you're accepted.

As for the 2nd, as far as I know, it's the same notification date so long as you get it in by that deadline. That is, if you submit before November 15, you will receive notice on the 15th of January. If you submit after, you get notified on the regular admission date. It seemed that way for me anyway...I applied to UIUC a little before everyone else did and we all found out at the same time. In fact, a bunch of my friends that were on the robotics team with me all checked together after practice (which happened to be when the notifications were sent). I could be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure you find out at whatever date they tell you regardless of how much beforehand you apply UNLESS it's rolling admission. But we all know how that works now ;)

This.