Connor Cook has a private workout scheduled with Bears

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Nope. I said the opposite. The Bears do not have an immediate need at QB. Only the Browns and Broncos do. Sorry that you can't comprehend anything. I agree that Cutler is mediocre, though. Thanks for pointing that out.

Godspeed.

Only the Browns and Broncos lol. Yes, the Rams are set with Case Keenum for a decade. :turrible:

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
No, it was your misinterpretation of my allegedly 'implying' that the Bears have an immediate need at the QB position. That was the whole issue.

And if you think the Eagles have an "immediate need" at QB after just signing Sam Bradford to a 2yr/$35M ($26M guaranteed) contract, then that's kind of the problem with this forum. You have no idea what you are saying, yet that doesn't prevent you from going full troll on someone. Just stick to the football facts, and everyone will get along. Some guy is STILL trying to claim that Jay Cutler is better than Carson Palmer...its just a never-ending "battle" on my part for logic and reason.

Good point, but the Eagles could do the same thing the Bears might be doing and letting the rookie sit and learn for a year or two before taking over.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Only the Browns and Broncos lol. Yes, the Rams are set with Case Keenum for a decade. :turrible:

I see a bunch of different teams who might want a lower round QB. SD, Dallas, SF, LA, Denver, Philly, Cleveland, Chicago.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Or the 9ers openly trying to trade their disgruntled starting QB..

Let's say SF drafts Goff and we draft Lynch and LA is left without a QB from the top 3. Perhaps SF works a deal with LA to send Kaepernick to LA.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Niners are trying to trade Gabbert? Each of your postings...worse than the last...better than the next...

Is that all you is pick at semantics and ignore the real football discussion? You take the bait like a champ, I'll give you that.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
They could, but I would think that letting a rookie QB sit and learn for a year or two is counterintuitive to a team allegedly having an "immediate need" at QB.

The Eagles have Bradford to start for them for a couple years. If a guy can sit back and get adjusted to the NFL and not be thrown to the wolves, that'd be the best thing for most guys IMO especially for many of the QBs coming outta college that were in completely different offensive schemes than that of the NFL.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
yes, you don't understand the difference between "immediate need" and ten years in the future.

For the record, are you trying to say the Rams do not have an immediate need at QB?

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Niners are trying to trade Gabbert? Each of your postings...worse than the last...better than the next...

Kaepernick is the disgruntled starting QB he's referring to not Gabbert.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
yes, you don't understand the difference between "immediate need" and ten years in the future.

I can assure you that there are a lot of teams who want a QB who already have a decent one or one that might be aging. I think the Bears fall right along those same lines as having a decent, aging QB. Sure it's not an "immediate need" but it's immediate enough. If they can draft their guy this draft, it's a perfect scenario I believe where he'll be able to be groomed for a year or two. I love that idea! And if the guy turns out better than what we had in Cutler, Pace will be looked upon as a genius.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Sorry, you're right. Its semantics that Blaine Gabbert was the Niners starter over the 2nd half of the season. Its also semantics that Gabbert will still be on the roster if the Niners eventually do unload Kaepernick (which they probably won't at this point). As of this moment, the Niners have both guys still on the payroll. So tell me again how that equates to SF having an "immediate need" at the QB position?

Your postings continue to get worse.
You'll see with your own eyes come draft day. You've somehow penciled in Gabbert (who was given the Nod by a coach who's no longer with the organization) as the franchise guy. Bang up analysis.

Or, because they have two QB's on their roster. They aren't in dire need of a franchise QB. Rock solid.

AussieBear

technically, since all teams have qbs on their rosters, no one needs one right? Question is, do these teams see a guy in the draft as a immediate/long term upgrade/replacement for their current starter and/or backups.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
technically, since all teams have qbs on their rosters, no one needs one right. Question is, do these teams see a guy in the draft as a short/long term upgrade/replacement for their current starter and/or backups.

Some teams might put more value in a DE, LB, CB, RB, OL right now than one of these QBs. They might not be that high on them for whatever reason and have a different position ranked higher. Perhaps they feel like they can wait another year or two when the need gets that much bigger. For the Bears I feel like Pace is about to make his big stamp on this team and getting a 1st round QB would certainly solidify that.

AussieBear

Some teams might put more value in a DE, LB, CB, RB, OL right now than one of these QBs. They might not be that high on them for whatever reason and have a different position ranked higher. Perhaps they feel like they can wait another year or two when the need gets that much bigger. For the Bears I feel like Pace is about to make his big stamp on this team and getting a 1st round QB would certainly solidify that.

yeah... but its the same with chicago. while finding a replacement is on the list of things the bears need to do, its not at the top.. hell jays under contract til 2020..though starting in 2017 they can easily part ways.. but the bears could wait on a 1st rd qb iif they wanted to just like the cowboys etc etc.. rounds 2-7 still comes into play though...

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
yeah... but its the same with chicago. while finding a replacement is on the list of things the bears need to do, its not at the top.. hell jays under contract til 2020..though starting in 2017 they can easily part ways.. but the bears could wait on a 1st rd qb iif they wanted to just like the cowboys etc etc.. rounds 2-7 still comes into play though...

First of all, they don't have a guy in the #2 spot worth a damn. Second, Jay certainly isn't the long term solution and will not be around here 2020, I promise you. This is a great time and opportunity to square away the most important position in football. I could make the case that QB really is the most important position that needs to be taken care of on this team. I doubt anybody would be disappointed, if Pace did go QB at 11.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
More good stuff from you. I guess come draft day, the Niners will be devoid of QBs, even though they currently have two starting QBs on their roster. I look forward to seeing this with my own eyes.

I've personally somehow penciled in Gabbert as the starting QB. It has nothing to do with Gabbert being the starter of record for the last 8 games. But, as you said, it will be no surprise when both Kaepernick and Gabbert are launched from SF prior to the draft, so I guess my ramblings are moot (as they usually are on CCS).

I think he is more pointing at the bad coach who made Gabert the starter is gone. Kapp has been the better QB for both QB'S small sample of their careers

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
More good stuff from you. I guess come draft day, the Niners will be devoid of QBs, even though they currently have two starting QBs on their roster. I look forward to seeing this with my own eyes.

I've personally somehow penciled in Gabbert as the starting QB. It has nothing to do with Gabbert being the starter of record for the last 8 games. But, as you said, it will be no surprise when both Kaepernick and Gabbert are launched from SF prior to the draft, so I guess my ramblings are moot (as they usually are on CCS).

I think he is more pointing at the bad coach who made Gabert the starter is gone. Kapp has been the better QB for both QB'S small sample of their careers