Connor Cook has a private workout scheduled with Bears

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Or Carson Palmer who had the 3rd highest QB rating last year. Or Tyrod Taylor (7th). Or Josh McCown (14th).

I take it you don't really follow the NFL?

Two of those players are old and again Taylor might not be in buffalo. Following the nfl is pretty hard

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Join the club!

Even though I may have the most confirmed #calledit's on the entire forum, but whatevs

Doubtful. I'm just too awesome and humble to put my #calledit's down. Don't want you peasants feeling envious over my superior football knowledge

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Doubtful. I'm just too awesome and humble to put my #calledit's down. Don't want you peasants feeling envious over my superior football knowledge

Such delusions... it's aight though. People like to h8 on greatness.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Because you have no substance to what you are saying. I could easily say the Bears are not in immediate need of a starting QB with the same argument.

If you miss the playoffs 5 years in a row, you are in immediate need of a starting qb.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you miss the playoffs 5 years in a row, you are in immediate need of a starting qb.

no. You can have a good QB and constantly miss the playoffs.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Cutler has had multiple years when he's led the NFL in INTs. One year, he actually led the NFL in INTS and fumbles...a rare double feat. McCown had a crap team around him last year and still had a higher rating than Cutler. When he played on the same team with Cutler, he had a much higher rating. Not saying that McCown is "better" than Cutler, because I don't think either guy is all that good.

Not really sure what you mean when you say that with Cutler "you can evaluate talent around it"...does that mean when McCown putting up big numbers on the Bears, it was less impressive than Cutler's mediocre season because you couldn't "evaluate the talent" around McCown?

You certainly couldn't evaluate he offense he ran in ANY year he was a starting QB except the half year he started in 2013 and 2015. Every other year he was a QB, his Rating was in the low 70s or 60s.

Even with all the turnovers, Cutler's worst QB Rating year (2009) is still better than every McCown Rating except those 2 years where he started half the games.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cutler has had multiple years when he's led the NFL in INTs. One year, he actually led the NFL in INTS and fumbles...a rare double feat. McCown had a crap team around him last year and still had a higher rating than Cutler. When he played on the same team with Cutler, he had a much higher rating. Not saying that McCown is "better" than Cutler, because I don't think either guy is all that good.

Not really sure what you mean when you say that with Cutler "you can evaluate talent around it"...does that mean when McCown putting up big numbers on the Bears, it was less impressive than Cutler's mediocre season because you couldn't "evaluate the talent" around McCown?

So we are ignoring McCown's past,ignore the faCT he didn't even start every game last year and also ignore the fact Cutler rarely had any of his starters on the field.

Is this the part where I ask do you follow the NFL?

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I prefer fucktarded dorkchop, but that's just me.

Just what is a dorkchop anyway? And if you say it's me, I'm gonna go full fucktard on your ass. Just saying. :smug2:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So Jay Cutler is better than Carson Palmer because Palmer is old, and he's better than Taylor because according to you Taylor might not be in Buffalo.

Makes perfect sense.

Where in my paragraph did I say Cutler is better?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just what is a dorkchop anyway? And if you say it's me, I'm gonna go full fucktard on your ass. Just saying. :smug2:

It's like a porkchop, but with less swine and more fucktardedness.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The bills and Taylor are having serious contract issues, so serious that they were actually engaged with the Broncos in trade talks early. They don't think he will stay in Buffalo, hence the multiple looks at QB in the draft

Thanks, I knew they were looking at QB's but had no idea as to why.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Thanks, I knew they were looking at QB's but had no idea as to why.

No problem. They've been dealing with the issue since the middle of last season.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You just repeated yourself. You didn't explain anything. I'm not sure if you even have a brain at this point. Why, specifically, are you unable to evaluate the talent around McCown? You would think the opposite would be true...an elite QB could cover up an offense's shortcomings with his playmaking...I don't really see McCown doing that. So, again, why can you evaluate the talent around Cutler but are unable to evaluate the talent around McCown?

True, and McCown has had a better rating than Cutler in 2 of the last 3 years.

Same reason why you haven't acknowledged the injuries on offense last year and I think it's already been pointed out McCown has never been starter a full season yet, his closet being with the Bucs. Care to point out his record and Passer rating there?

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Taylor will be your new 18-20 million dollar per year QB next year...

If he can play as well as Osweiler which is no easy task.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The issue of Taylor being under contract through the 2016 season? Yeah, that's a tough one. Surprised the Bills didn't immediately cut ties with Taylor in the middle of last season and go back to EJ Manuel.

That must be a first...an NFL player saying he wants an extension. I expect the Bears to draft another RG in the 1st round since Kyle Long's contract extension request fell on deaf ears.

I'm just letting you know why the bills are looking at QB's. You don't seem to follow what is going on

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
White knighting for retards...

I'm sorry, but I can't evaluate other CCS posters when you are here. You are like the Josh McCown of this forum.

Apparently that is a compliment since you are going to bat for him

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
You just repeated yourself. You didn't explain anything. I'm not sure if you even have a brain at this point. Why, specifically, are you unable to evaluate the talent around McCown? You would think the opposite would be true...an elite QB could cover up an offense's shortcomings with his playmaking...I don't really see McCown doing that. So, again, why can you evaluate the talent around Cutler but are unable to evaluate the talent around McCown?

True, and McCown has had a better rating than Cutler in 2 of the last 3 years.
Why do people like you continue to hate on Jay, yet once again, he must've fooled not only high profile free agents with wanting to play with Cutler, but also John Fox and Ryan Pace saying he is their guy moving forward and want to build the O around him.

It's like he blackmails everyone or something, the way people like you talk about Jay. He's some shitty qb who somehow, someway, is able to convince players and coaching staff he is the guy moving forward.

He fooled these guys, too. Just how does he do it!

Of course I look at Jay Cutler and say, ‘Oh man, he’s going to give us a great opportunity to win every Sunday,’” said Hicks per Patrick Finley of the Chicago Sun-Times

“He’s a great quarterback,” Massie said. “I’m just trying get to the playoffs and win the Super Bowl and be a part of that.”

“You can’t really do anything, can’t have a chance without a quarterback,” he said. “And Jay Cutler definitely has all the tools and everything to be a great quarterback.”

TE Zach Miller said Jay Cutler influenced re-signing with #Bears: "To be able play with a guy like that, elite arm, elite mental status.”
Patrick Finley ‎@patrickfinley

Jerrell Freeman was impressed by Jay Cutler during the joint training camp w the #Bears last August. A reason he signed
6:08 PM - 12 Mar 2016

"I followed him into Denver," said John Fox of Jay Cutler to Arizona media in conf. call. "I wish he'd been there when I got there." #Bears

It's mind boggling how some even continue to think Cutler is a remote issue.