Connor Cook has a private workout scheduled with Bears

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There are very few teams in the NFL with a worse QB situation than the Bears. The Browns are annually on that list. The Broncos need a QB, but they have a good supporting cast so I would guess that even AJ McCarron could win there. Not really sure how many other NFL teams really NEED a QB right now.

Rams
Broncos
Cowboys
Browns
Eagles
Bears
Chargers
Cardinals
Jets
Bills

In no particular order all these teams have an immediate need for a QB or need one soon due to age of their current starter. I'll leave it up to you to decide who's situation is worse, I don't care, my point is all these teams could be drafting a QB at some point. 4 in round 1 wouldn't surprise me at all.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think Cook can be a solid starter and would have no problem in the second. If his floor is Andy Dalton and his ceiling is Matt Ryan I think that is a guy you can work with. There are a lot of guys with more upside but he has a pretty high floor IMO.
Not sure which is the floor and which is the ceiling? seems like a pretty short room to me.
sb10068980a-001-man-filing-papers-in-office-with-low-gettyimages.jpg

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Rams
Broncos
Cowboys
Browns
Eagles
Bears
Chargers
Cardinals
Jets
Bills

In no particular order all these teams have an immediate need for a QB or need one soon due to age of their current starter. I'll leave it up to you to decide who's situation is worse, I don't care, my point is all these teams could be drafting a QB at some point. 4 in round 1 wouldn't surprise me at all.

Of all those teams, I would probably put the Bears near the bottom. Cutler is better than any QB on any of those teams except Rivers and Romo.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Or Carson Palmer who had the 3rd highest QB rating last year. Or Tyrod Taylor (7th). Or Josh McCown (14th).

I take it you don't really follow the NFL?

So which is it? The Browns annually need a QB or their good to go?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Or Carson Palmer who had the 3rd highest QB rating last year. Or Tyrod Taylor (7th). Or Josh McCown (14th).

I take it you don't really follow the NFL?

Palmer is old. You are the one new to the NFL if you think Taylor and McCown (who is old also) will have sustained success going forward. I might even throw Romo on the list who has had 3 broken collar bones now.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's a bit different than your earlier point that several teams really NEED a QB right now.

Glad to see the Bills on the list. Tyrod Taylor is 26 years old, went to the pro bowl with a 99.4 rating...

Bills are meeting Connor Cook so I included them in this list. If you have a problem with that then talk to them.

As for NEEDING a QB....

Rams
Broncos
Browns
Jets

Didn't include the 9ers on my list before.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I always love your retardation act. Its like you proactively choose not to understand things. At least that's my hope.

My thought is: Its incorrect to say that Jay Cutler is better than Josh McCown, and at the same time the Browns still need a QB. Amazing. Especially considering my recent posting of that the Bears have a bad QB situation. McCown is four years older than Cutler and doesn't have Cutler's durability.

Your stance on the situation as a whole is awkward, at best. Do the bears need to look for the Future at the QB position. Yup, this can ALSO be applied to several teams. Which has been pointed out in simple crayon.

Enjoy your day going around in circles on the CCS.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Or...it could be that I was directly responding to BaBaSheep's posting of "several teams really NEED a QB right now". Not sure where the 'awkwardness' comes into play, but I guess you have difficulty differentiating between concepts of 'present' and 'future'.

The Bears can depend on Cutler for 16 games of mediocrity next year. The Browns cannot depend on McCown for 16 games of mediocrity next year due to McCown's age and durability issues.

Good luck to you with your future CCS postings. May they be an improvement over your present CCS postings.

Bless your heart.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
HA HA HA HA!!!

That's the worst 'argument' I've ever seen. Its not like the Bills have even drafted Cook....THEY ARE SCHEDULED TO MEET WITH HIM!!!!

Oh my. Maybe the Bears can send one of their 6th round picks to the Bills and pry away Tyrod Taylor now that the Bills are ready to cut ties. Even though he went to the pro bowl and had a 99.4 rating while being a dual threat QB...he might be a serviceable backup to Cutler.

They've met with lots of QB's actually. So maybe they aren't as high on Taylor as you are. Maybe it's a smokescreen. Who knows?

I'm not even sure what you're arguing about? Just cunting to cunt? :shrug:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Or...it could be that I was directly responding to BaBaSheep's posting of "several teams really NEED a QB right now". Not sure where the 'awkwardness' comes into play, but I guess you have difficulty differentiating between concepts of 'present' and 'future'.

The Bears can depend on Cutler for 16 games of mediocrity next year. The Browns cannot depend on McCown for 16 games of mediocrity next year due to McCown's age and durability issues.

Good luck to you with your future CCS postings. May they be an improvement over your present CCS postings.

And the fact that McCown has had years where he was one of the worst QBs in the NFL. Atleast with Cutler, you know for sure you have a stable situation where you can run a stable offense and evaluate talent around it. That in my mind means Cutler is better than McCown. Just because McCown had a magical run, doesn't mean he is overall a better QB than Cutler.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
What do you mean when you say "I'm not even sure what you're arguing about"....I responded directly to you and quoted you saying "several teams really NEED a QB right now". I obviously don't feel that many NFL teams are in immediate need of a starting QB. You can disagree if you want, but at least allow that what I am saying makes sense.

Your "just cunting to cunt" comment is great. You were the guy who said I should talk to the Bills organization about them meeting with Connor Cook. Stop being a douchebag and start making some sense. Thanks!

Because you have no substance to what you are saying. I could easily say the Bears are not in immediate need of a starting QB with the same argument.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They've met with lots of QB's actually. So maybe they aren't as high on Taylor as you are. Maybe it's a smokescreen. Who knows?

I'm not even sure what you're arguing about? Just cunting to cunt? :shrug:
The bills and Taylor are having serious contract issues, so serious that they were actually engaged with the Broncos in trade talks early. They don't think he will stay in Buffalo, hence the multiple looks at QB in the draft

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
God, not McCown talk

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We should just make it a rule that talking about QBs is disallowed on this here ccs, to please PiB and the band.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We should just make it a rule that talking about QBs is disallowed on this here ccs, to please PiB and the band.

Im not upset about QB talk, just people who bring up mccown like he is a good qb. If it makes you feel better I don't take anything you say seriously

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Im not upset about QB talk, just people who bring up mccown like he is a good qb. If it makes you feel better I don't take anything you say seriously

Join the club!

Even though I may have the most confirmed #calledit's on the entire forum, but whatevs