CSN Chicago: Source states paramaters in place for multi-year deal with Cutler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

proton

Liked Posts:
Because we all know in the history of the NFL keeping all the offensive players together in the second year of a new system never results in improvement.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Like it or not, he's the best option available to fill the position.

Bearsweatherman

Liked Posts:
I just don't see the point in getting worked up over a potential deal until the numbers are announced. Do I think the Bears should keep Cutler, yes. Do I think they should pay him a fortune, no. If they work out a reasonable deal that allows us to bring in some solid defensive FA's than I am more than happy with it. Our offense wasn't the problem this year even with Jay, it was the D not being able to stop anyone. Keep as much of the O together as you can, maybe upgrade the center position of possible, and focus on the D.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Right..cause dumping the best QB we have had in a century for an unknown draftee is a better move for the franchise

:roll:

No, no, we'll start a 35 year old McCown for 16 games next year! Because there's certainly no chance he reverts to his historic 77.5 QB rating!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Jennings wants to join Lovie, let him.
Guy gives up just as many big plays as he makes.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
one defensive player I wanted Bears to keep Lovie might take
"Tim Jennings: The veteran cornerback voiced interest in returning but he is a longshot. If Lovie Smith lands a head-coaching job, Jennings’ fit and experience in Smith’s system project to take Jennings out of Chicago."

Bringing back Charles Tillman and Tim Jennings would have been great. If Jennings does leave, then the Bears need to make sure that they bring back Tillman for at least one more season. The Bears need to draft a cornerback in one of the first three rounds of the 2014 NFL draft. Looks like a stacked draft class for cornerbacks as well.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a big fan of Jennings, but I could see him leave and join Lovie. Jennings and Revis are a pretty good duo

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
wtf is Lovie going to do with Revis? Would be a huge waste in a tampa-2.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Right..cause dumping the best QB we have had in a century for an unknown draftee is a better move for the franchise

Josh could pay two years to give the rookie time to be groomed. So it's not that far fetched.

Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Yeah! Fuck Yeah! Can't wait to miss the post season next year too!

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Yes, dumping Josh McCown would be a bad idea.

tricky5544

Liked Posts:
These are Cutler fans first, Bears fans a distant second. I'd like to think they're in the minority.

Actually if you are truelly a bear fan, then you know and understand whjy these "fans" love Cutler....lets take a walk back into the past I dont know 30 years of Bears QB's.....Yeah that might have something to do with it. I dont think anyone is saying Cutler is a top 5 or even top 10 QB.....but he is in that next slot which says alot for being a "Bear QB"....

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Josh could pay two years to give the rookie time to be groomed. So it's not that far fetched.
Thats speculation on your part..Josh could also go out game 1 and revert to his old ways, and leave us scratching our heads and asses wondering..

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:

What has Jay Cutler done to warrant this distinction? Throw 26 picks in a year, go 1-8 against your rival, make the playoffs one time in 5 years and you're the best QB in franchise history. Who knew????

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
Lovie can raid as much of this defense as he wants. I'd like to see Tillman and Jennings remain as Bears, but anyone else.....whatever.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What has Jay Cutler done to warrant this distinction? Throw 26 picks in a year, go 1-8 against your rival, make the playoffs one time in 5 years and you're the best QB in franchise history. Who knew????

I see you have trouble making the distinction between Cutler and the Bears. I suggest you go look at his stats and compare em to any other QB the Bears have ever had

Status
Not open for further replies.