CSN Chicago: Source states paramaters in place for multi-year deal with Cutler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I see you have trouble making the distinction between Cutler and the Bears. I suggest you go look at his stats and compare em to any other QB the Bears have ever had

I'd rather be smart and compare Jay to the Superbowl-winning QBs of the last 10 years - comparing Jay to the Bears past Chicago QBs is just a tallest midget contest.

If we want greatness, I'd rather compare him to greatness.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd rather be smart and compare Jay to the Superbowl-winning QBs of the last 10 years - comparing Jay to the Bears past Chicago QBs is just a tallest midget contest.

If we want greatness, I'd rather compare him to greatness.

QB's dont win SB's...teams do..My point still stands

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He doesn't need my help, I assure you.

You! AND SPARTAN! My office.... bottle of Everclear.... NOW.... we will have no CCS suicides over this nonsense, I shall see to it!

EDIT: Though ironically the Everclear would likely kill us

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Actually if you are truelly a bear fan, then you know and understand whjy these "fans" love Cutler....lets take a walk back into the past I dont know 30 years of Bears QB's.....Yeah that might have something to do with it.

Cutler being better than Henry Burris and Cade McNown is irrelevant.

Moose27

Liked Posts:
If we want the offense to remain where it was at this season then we need Jay back. My first Bears game was in 1994 and he has been the best QB this team has had since then and I'm sure for some of you beyond that. Drafting a rookie QB even with an offensive guru in Trestman we will see more struggles. Heck, we might even draft another Cade and no one wants that. We need to keep a consistent offense going and also let Lovie take old defensive players in their 30's and watch him fail.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
QB's dont win SB's...teams do..My point still stands

QBs win Superbowls, but they need a great team around them to get them there.

Your point is stinky. If all previous QBs were crap, having an average QB doesn't mean he's a franchise guy, even if he looks elite compared to what you had before.

Your perspective is off.

That said, pointless to argue. Jay will be here - at this point I am hoping its a 3 year deal.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great teams with bad QB's win SB's...See the Ravens and Dilfer

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
QBs win Superbowls, but they need a great team around them to get them there.

Your point is stinky. If all previous QBs were crap, having an average QB doesn't mean he's a franchise guy, even if he looks elite compared to what you had before.

Your perspective is off.

That said, pointless to argue. Jay will be here - at this point I am hoping its a 3 year deal.

Everyone wins a Superbowl.... cept the Lions of course :rimshot:

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:

People are so petrified with fear over the Bears regressing to the past run of QBs its made them nonsensical and delirious - same goes for some media members as well.

Its like they don't get that for the first time since Papa Bear, we finally have an offensive innovator who should be able to at least pick out an average QB from a crowd blindfolded...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What has Jay Cutler done to warrant this distinction? Throw 26 picks in a year, go 1-8 against your rival, make the playoffs one time in 5 years and you're the best QB in franchise history. Who knew????

Win a bunch of games with inferior talent around him and coaching.

Nick80

Everyone wins a Superbowl.... cept the Lions of course :rimshot:

images

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Great teams with bad QB's win SB's...See the Ravens and Dilfer

Exceptions to the rule, both #1 defenses, and since I want to see more than one championship in my lifetime, how many superbowls did each of those teams win?

1 each?

Not good enough for me. I am a greedy bastard who wants continual greatness.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:

Thats one of my favorite names of Bears QB past. I dont even remember Henry Burris. He could sit down right next to me and I wouldnt have a clue.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Replacing 3-8 players in one season might be cause for concern that wasn't there before!

Worked for the O. Of course, they had a good coach.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People are so petrified with fear over the Bears regressing to the past run of QBs its made them nonsensical and delirious - same goes for some media members as well.

Its like they don't get that for the first time since Papa Bear, we finally have an offensive innovator who should be able to at least pick out an average QB from a crowd blindfolded...

Than trust his choices.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I don't think Jennings is a lock to join Lovie in Tampa, Lovie did bench him for awhile after all.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exceptions to the rule, both #1 defenses, and since I want to see more than one championship in my lifetime, how many superbowls did each of those teams win?

1 each?

Not good enough for me. I am a greedy bastard who wants continual greatness.

So you agree having a GREAT qb isnt required to win a SB?..That was my point all along TYVM

Status
Not open for further replies.