• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is my point though. You want to ignore the numbers, but you also want to ignore the actual at bats he has been taking.

My point is that he hasnt hit in MLB. Just cause he hits some linedrives at guys in first 100 AB doesnt take over the fact he has sucked at hitting in MLB

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Castillo looked good last inning atleast. Prolly helps his arm fresh lol

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
David Schuster‏@Schumouse

Chris Volstad's E.R.A. is now 6.55

Whos going to argue that his nerdy numbers make him better then that?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whos going to argue that his nerdy numbers make him better then that?

Again this is just being consistent. Like I am telling you Campana isn't going to hit over .300 the whole year, with consistent at bat, and LaHair isn't going to flirt with .400. If Volstad continues to do the things he has been doing, the ball is going to start finding the glove of defenders more than it has been.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again this is just being consistent. Like I am telling you Campana isn't going to hit over .300 the whole year, with consistent at bat, and LaHair isn't going to flirt with .400. If Volstad continues to do the things he has been doing, the ball is going to start finding the glove of defenders more than it has been.

Campy could hit over .300. More likely then Volstad ERA being under 4 lol. Im just not fan of Volstad. I agree he wont have ERA over 6 all year but he not going to anything more then a 5th SP for a bad team that needs innings

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Campy could hit over .300. More likely then Volstad ERA being under 4 lol. Im just not fan of Volstad. I agree he wont have ERA over 6 all year but he not going to anything more then a 5th SP for a bad team that needs innings

At this point I would agree with those parameters, but I would be willing to say that he could drop the ERA by a run and an half pretty easily if they keep trotting him out there.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
At this point I would agree with those parameters, but I would be willing to say that he could drop the ERA by a run and an half pretty easily if they keep trotting him out there.

that would make him 5.00 ERA :shifty:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
that would make him 5.00 ERA :shifty:

Notice that I never said he was going to be an elite pitcher, and the terrible start to the year is going to make it hard for him to just get back down to an average pitcher's stat line for the season. But this idea that Volstad is a 6.5 ERA pitcher is stupid.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Notice that I never said he was going to be an elite pitcher, and the terrible start to the year is going to make it hard for him to just get back down to an average pitcher's stat line for the season. But this idea that Volstad is a 6.5 ERA pitcher is stupid.

I agree with that 100%. He not a 6.5 ERA type of Pitcher. But he also nothing to get excited about. I think its just a point that we need to see Wood over him to see if Wood has more sucess.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with that 100%. He not a 6.5 ERA type of Pitcher. But he also nothing to get excited about. I think its just a point that we need to see Wood over him to see if Wood has more sucess.
We need to see Travis Wood and his 5.08 ERA in Iowa?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Castillo had a couple of nice innings.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need to see Travis Wood and his 5.08 ERA in Iowa?

Lol. I havent seen him pitch there but from what i hear PCL league a very hitting friendly league. Also 5.08 better then 6.55 :shifty:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can I repeat how much I hate the stupid guest conductor of the 7th inning stretch thing? Do it opening day with Bill Murray and playoffs, but apart from that I don't need to see Roberto Garza trying to sing.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol. I havent seen him pitch there but from what i hear PCL league a very hitting friendly league. Also 5.08 better then 6.55 :shifty:

The PCL is very hitter friendly, but there is also a pretty significant difference in the talent of the average hitter as well.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can I repeat how much I hate the stupid guest conductor of the 7th inning stretch thing? Do it opening day with Bill Murray and playoffs, but apart from that I don't need to see Roberto Garza trying to sing.

I agree. Let Hughes do it daily now since he longest tenure Cubs broadcaster. I wanted Santo to do it everyday when he was still alive

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
The PCL is very hitter friendly, but there is also a pretty significant difference in the talent of the average hitter as well.

Makes sense. I know during ST it wasnt fun watching him pitch. I just thinking he cant be worse then what Volstad has been.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats like 4 check swings for Stewart. It all evens out. All those Linedrives caught and then a little hopper like that gets through lol

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh my god, Stewart hit a ball that wasn't turned into an out.

Status
Not open for further replies.