• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see bad defense isn't helping him either.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I just got home and see that the score is 5-0. Did Volstad actually walk a bunch of people and give up a bomb or two or did the BABIP dragon get him again.

Allowed a 2 out 2 run double to Capuano was the killer. Allowed couple of Sac Fly. He just not very good lol. Will be an inning eater for a bad teams in MLB for his career

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see the strikezone is just as bad as yesterday, and the umps have just as short as fuse...

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see bad defense isn't helping him either.

That was the 1st bad DEF play of game. Sorry but my theory on him is cause he 6'8 his sinker start on chest and moves straight to hitting zone. Very hittable in my opinion

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see the strikezone is just as bad as yesterday, and the umps have just as short as fuse...

Sori got called out on a horrible pitch inside with bases loaded 1 out in 1st

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was the 1st bad DEF play of game. Sorry but my theory on him is cause he 6'8 his sinker start on chest and moves straight to hitting zone. Very hittable in my opinion

Just like LaHair and Campana aren't going to hit nearly .400 the whole year, I don't think Stewart, Soto, and Volstad will be this bad all year. It works both ways.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just like LaHair and Campana aren't going to hit nearly .400 the whole year, I don't think Stewart, Soto, and Volstad will be this bad all year. It works both ways.

I agree it all evens out but Stewart never really done anything in his career. Volstad had 1 good year and i think its cause batters saw 6'8 and expected to see 95 MPH + and when they realized he low 90's and pitches come across there belt to thighs he became bad. Soto i could see bouncing back still. Yes LaHair wont hit the way he been all year. Dont make fun of my boy Campanan :p

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Campana been working count lately. Another full count here

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like Lendy Castillo be getting into game.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brenly cracks me up with the strikezone.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree it all evens out but Stewart never really done anything in his career. Volstad had 1 good year and i think its cause batters saw 6'8 and expected to see 95 MPH + and when they realized he low 90's and pitches come across there belt to thighs he became bad. Soto i could see bouncing back still. Yes LaHair wont hit the way he been all year. Dont make fun of my boy Campanan :p

See that is what I don't get with you and others of your ilk about Stewart. You don't want to look at the advanced stats that point to players been unlucky, and at the same time don't want to look at the fact that Stewart has been hitting the ball hard right at people for weeks. I just don't get it.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want to say Capuano has done this more often than not, but I would have to check the career stats to know for certain. I just remember being annoyed anytime he pitched for the Brewers against us with how those games seemed to go.

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
Tim Timmons is having a really bad day. And I really want to know what Lilly said because apparently it made his teammates in the dugout chuckle :lol:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
See that is what I don't get with you and others of your ilk about Stewart. You don't want to look at the advanced stats that point to players been unlucky, and at the same time don't want to look at the fact that Stewart has been hitting the ball hard right at people for weeks. I just don't get it.

Kevin Goldstein‏@Kevin_Goldstein

At some point, it's time to give up on the Ian Stewart as every day 3B thing.

Kevin Goldstein‏@Kevin_Goldstein

That's adorable. RT @BrandonDMilla: @Kevin_Goldstein He actually hasn't been nearly as bad as his #'s indicate.

There a reason why he has a bad slash line in his career. Il make argument that you can find numbers to make any player look good somewhere.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
8-3 with a 3.65 ERA and a sparkling 1.165 WHIP.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want to say Capuano has done this more often than not, but I would have to check the career stats to know for certain. I just remember being annoyed anytime he pitched for the Brewers against us with how those games seemed to go.

He seems to do really well against Cubs. Brenly and Kasper talked earlier its cause Cubs hitters are never patient with him.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
There a reason why he has a bad slash line in his career. Il make argument that you can find numbers to make any player look good somewhere.

That is my point though. You want to ignore the numbers, but you also want to ignore the actual at bats he has been taking.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
He seems to do really well against Cubs. Brenly and Kasper talked earlier its cause Cubs hitters are never patient with him.

Yeah that seems to be the case since they really don't strikeout that much against him 6.9 K/9 but his K/BB is over 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.