Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marmol warming up. He cant blow the game WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats like 4 check swings for Stewart. It all evens out. All those Linedrives caught and then a little hopper like that gets through lol

That is the point that I''ve been trying to make, when they start to even out the average will go up.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
When do Cubs bring up Cardenas? Barney doing nothing

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kemp with a very nice catch to rob Soto

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
When do Cubs bring up Cardenas? Barney doing nothing

It would be nice to see the Cubs send DeWitt down since his spring didn't carry over. According to Levine the Cubs don't think his glove is good enough, but it would be nice to get another left handed bat that can hit a little into the lineup.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he hit 20 bombs and the walks he takes that would probably be slightly above average 3B production.

Matt Kemp makes a huge grab on Soto.

Sorry i want more then a .220/.319/.420 hitting 3B on my team

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry but there are only about 5 guys in baseball that do that and play 3B well.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would be nice to see the Cubs send DeWitt down since his spring didn't carry over. According to Levine the Cubs don't think his glove is good enough, but it would be nice to get another left handed bat that can hit a little into the lineup.

I have read the same thing that his glove not very good. Just how much bottom of order is struggling Cubs need to find some offense. Honestly after 1-4 the lineup is very bad

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry but there are only about 5 guys in baseball that do that and play 3B well.

3B is a spot you can hide a guy. I rather have a under avg DEF and a very good bat over a bad bat and plus DEF. To me you need to have really good DEF up the middle. C, SS, 2B, CF. Then the corner spots thats where you want your bats to come from

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
3B is a spot you can hide a guy. I rather have a under avg DEF and a very good bat over a bad bat and plus DEF. To me you need to have really good DEF up the middle. C, SS, 2B, CF. Then the corner spots thats where you want your bats to come from

The number of guys that put up numbers that result in an 800 OPS that can even play at an Aramis level at 3B is very, very small. I would be willing to bet it is under 10.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
The number of guys that put up numbers that result in an 800 OPS that can even play at an Aramis level at 3B is very, very small. I would be willing to be it is under 10.

3B is down across the league right now. I still dont think Stewart is even a top 25 3B in the league. I got time. Il start doing some research of every teams starting 3B and we can say who we take :)

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stewart's .232 career batting average would've been 12th among 3rd basemen last season. The last time he played over 100 games was 2010 and his 18 homeruns that season would've been 9th among 3rd basemen last season. His career OPS is .739 and that would've been 11th among 3rd baseman last season.

So far this season he's about 20th in offensive production from a 3rd baseman

Last edited:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Had some fun looking up LOB% numbers. Chris Volstad coming into today had an unsustainably low number of 49.5%. There have been 2 qualified starters in the past ten years under 60%. Volstad is better than his ERA show. That doesn't mean that he is going to be an all-star. It just means that the Cubs in a lost season ought to keep trotting him out there to see if his other numbers return to normal.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still haven't been shut out this season.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is official. Travis Wood is starting the series finale.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Castillo's performance today I think might have saved him from just being offered back to the Phillies. Garza going to the DL might not be out of the question since he hasn't pitched since April 29. Otherwise it will be interesting since the only pitchers that can be sent down without exposing to waivers is Russell and Dolis.

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
Matt Garza needs that theraflu

Status
Not open for further replies.