• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope they DFA DeShit for Wood. Then after Wood start they can bring up Cardenas

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could see Campana being sent down in all honesty.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could see Campana being sent down in all honesty.

Thats a joke right? He been a spark plug for team. Hitting over .300 7 SB. He right now is the 2nd dangerous player on team after LaHair. Anytime he gets on base he seems to score

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats a joke right? He been a spark plug for team. Hitting over .300 7 SB. He right now is the 2nd dangerous player on team after LaHair. Anytime he gets on base he seems to score

Starlin Castro says hi. Campana has options is the deal, and no pitcher that they would want to send down has them. He is one of a handful players that could actually be sent down without risk losing them. I know you and plenty others have had enough with DeWitt, but I doubt Sveum is ready to cut him loose after a month. Out of the guys that can be sent down Campana is the most likely of them (the list as far as I know is Welington Castillo, Starlin Castro, Darwin Barney, James Russell, Rafael Dolis, Tony Campana).

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Starlin Castro says hi. Campana has options is the deal, and no pitcher that they would want to send down has them. He is one of a handful players that could actually be sent down without risk losing them. I know you and plenty others have had enough with DeWitt, but I doubt Sveum is ready to cut him loose after a month. Out of the guys that can be sent down Campana is the most likely of them (the list as far as I know is Welington Castillo, Starlin Castro, Darwin Barney, James Russell, Rafael Dolis, Tony Campana).

We know Castillo not going down since only backup C, Castro :shifty:, Barney only backup SS, 2 RP no. I still think DeShit needs to go over Campana. Yes Castro is the better player over Campy BUT Campana has been the spark plug the last week and halve

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is why I was saying I could see Campana being sent down. He is the most easily replaced on the roster by players on the 25 man roster. Lendy Castillo coming up lame after that 2 inning performance today is another possibility, but I wonder if that would raise some ire from MLB.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is why I was saying I could see Campana being sent down. He is the most easily replaced on the roster by players on the 25 man roster. Lendy Castillo coming up lame after that 2 inning performance today is another possibility, but I wonder if that would raise some ire from MLB.

That would be a pefect if Castillo all of sudden had hurt back or something lol. My guess though is DeShit is DFA'd with Wood taking his roster spot. Then after tomorrow game Cardenas is called up and will take Wood spot

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
That would be a pefect if Castillo all of sudden had hurt back or something lol. My guess though is DeShit is DFA'd with Wood taking his roster spot. Then after tomorrow game Cardenas is called up and will take Wood spot

I think that is wishful thinking especially the second part.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that is wishful thinking especially the second part.

Comes to a point where team needs to think about offense. 2B, 3B, C Cubs are getting no production. Have to score to win. Cant win every game 1-0, 2-1, or 3-2

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lineup:

Cubs lineup vs. Dodgers 5/6: DeJesus RF, Campana CF, Castro SS, LaHair 1B, Soriano LF, Mather 3B, Barney 2B, W. Castillo C, T. Wood P

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hmm, any news on the roster move?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just looked on BleacherNation and D3A and others will be happy that DeWitt was DFA'd.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just looked on BleacherNation and D3A and others will be happy that DeWitt was DFA'd.

He was also DFA'd preseason, so since this is the second time, does that mean he's going through waivers? I could see someone like the Phillies picking him up while Utley is still broken.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cardenas coming up would certainly be an option with this move once Wood is sent back down.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was also DFA'd preseason, so since this is the second time, does that mean he's going through waivers? I could see someone like the Phillies picking him up while Utley is still broken.

I believe the way it works is they can place him on waivers, just release him or try to trade him. They probably put him through waivers hoping some claims him so they don't have to pay him. More than likely though DeWitt will clear and DeWitt won't accept assignment to the minors at this point (if I remember correctly he had a financial reason to accept the assignment, but I could be mistaken on that point).

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe the way it works is they can place him on waivers, just release him or try to trade him. They probably put him through waivers hoping some claims him so they don't have to pay him. More than likely though DeWitt will clear and DeWitt won't accept assignment to the minors at this point (if I remember correctly he had a financial reason to accept the assignment, but I could be mistaken on that point).

He had to accept the assignment or else the Cubs were only on the hook for 1/6th of the salary since it came before spring training. This way he gets the full salary paid. So now I believe his year's salary is guaranteed no matter what and now the question is who is going to pay it.

Status
Not open for further replies.