• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sveum still has old-school tendencies but with this lineup and pitching staff it's tough to fault him since this team isn't exactly good. In fact I figure that the team is overachieving a bit. The aggressive baserunning is simultaneously refreshing and annoying :D

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sveum still has old-school tendencies but with this lineup and pitching staff it's tough to fault him since this team isn't exactly good. In fact I figure that the team is overachieving a bit. The aggressive baserunning is simultaneously refreshing and annoying :D

I can just enjoy it since the team is bad, but I would have to look at the numbers more closely to see if the Cubs are actually getting a benefit from the crazy aggressiveness of Castro and the like.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
They need to play Castillo! He'll be in the lineup tomorrow, though.

If Wood has to pitch tomorrow, I can see them DL'ind Lendy Castillo. They love his arm, but he hasn't pitched in a while. He wonb't be on the DL for too long as the retroactive will go back. So ... I think that would be the right move if one needs to happen.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think the team is bad... The 'pen is bad and has lost a lot of games already. Their getting great starting pitching the offense is coming around. If they had a 'pen, you never know. The NL Central ain't good and I'm not high on the Cardinals. No one is gunna run away with the division and one little winning streak, they are right up there.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
A phantom injury for Lendy Castillo would make some sense, but I doubt they would make it retroactive. Rule 5 picks need to spend 90 days on the active roster, i.e. not on the DL. Those days that he has made it without being used is a blessing for the Cubs FO and they don't want to lose those.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think the team is bad... The 'pen is bad and has lost a lot of games already. Their getting great starting pitching the offense is coming around. If they had a 'pen, you never know. The NL Central ain't good and I'm not high on the Cardinals. No one is gunna run away with the division and one little winning streak, they are right up there.

That would be the definition of a pyrrhic victory

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soto will play more than the backup (whether it's Clevenger or Castillo) because he has to build value and confidence, especially if you want to get rid of him and help the team as much as possible. Get used to it. This season is basically a placeholder in the grand retool/rebuild scheme. I wouldn't be surprised if they ask Dempster to waive his NTC closer to July. If Dempster wants to help this team he'll realize that the best way he can help is to be a trade chip.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soto will play more than the backup (whether it's Clevenger or Castillo) because he has to build value and confidence, especially if you want to get rid of him and help the team as much as possible. Get used to it. This season is basically a placeholder in the grand retool/rebuild scheme. I wouldn't be surprised if they ask Dempster to waive his NTC closer to July. If Dempster wants to help this team he'll realize that the best way he can help is to be a trade chip.

If Dempster is still pitching like this come July he definitely will be able to help us as a trade chip, and a fair bit of chatter suggests Dempster would be open to it out of loyalty to the organization for taking a chance on him.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt garza‏@Gdeuceswild

There is no chance I will miss my start tomorrow, it's gonna take a lot more than the flu to keep me down...so you on the mound Sunday!

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

Il take his word lol

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting that he leaves three lefties in against Capuano, who isn't exactly Cliff Lee but is still left-handed.

Yeah I am surprised to see Reed and Baker left on the bench today, but I guess DeJesus gets the nod with his all world day yesterday.

Explains why Baker isn't in the lineup.
Bruce Miles‏@BruceMiles2112

#Cubs Matt Garza and Jeff Baker both out ill. Travis Wood at Wrigley and could pitch Sunday for Cubs

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
About ready for game time. Volstad due to win right?

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very nice 1st inning for Volstad. Keep the ball down there all day

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dejesus reaches 2B on a pop up to Left sid of IF. Off glove of Gordon and Hairston

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Castro with Single to put runners at 1st and 3rd 1 out for LaHair

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
:thinking: can't decide if Soriano will hit into a double play or strike out

Status
Not open for further replies.