• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Although Lopez was done after just three innings and 47 pitches, so...

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless someone goes to the DL, a pitcher will come on short rest. However, I do see Garza pitching on Sunday.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Although Lopez was done after just three innings and 47 pitches, so...

They'd have to add him to the 40 man roster as well. More than likely I think Garza just pitches on Sunday, but I could see the Cubs being put in the tough spot of not wanting to DL him costing a start and having to find someone else to take the ball to start Sunday. It would be Travis Wood's turn on Sunday. Just sayin'.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
They'd have to add him to the 40 man roster as well. More than likely I think Garza just pitches on Sunday, but I could see the Cubs being put in the tough spot of not wanting to DL him costing a start and having to find someone else to take the ball to start Sunday. It would be Travis Wood's turn on Sunday. Just sayin'.

Sounds kind of desperate for them to waste Wood's option when he's still shaky.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds kind of desperate for them to waste Wood's option when he's still shaky.

They already used his option to send him down at the start of the season since he was on the 40 man roster to begin with.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
They already used his option to send him down at the start of the season since he was on the 40 man roster to begin with.

Is that right? Hmmm. Thought he had another one besides that one. Oh well.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that right? Hmmm. Thought he had another one besides that one. Oh well.

I don't remember if he has one beyond this year, but the way it works is option years. Since Wood was sent down for 20 days while on the 40 man roster this counts as an option year. The Cubs can send him up and down as much as they want and it still counts as one option year.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't remember if he has one beyond this year, but the way it works is option years. Since Wood was sent down for 20 days while on the 40 man roster this counts as an option year. The Cubs can send him up and down as much as they want and it still counts as one option year.

Good call. He's still kind of shaky though but it does make sense to call him up instead of Rodrigo since he's already on the 40-man as you said. I just feel like they'd rather wait it out but in order to get the guy into Chicago on time with enough prep they'd have to decide by tomorrow afternoon. Gonna have to keep an eye on the Twitters.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also found a few places that confirmed this is Wood's last option year. So next year Wood has to stick at the big league level either way.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good call. He's still kind of shaky though but it does make sense to call him up instead of Rodrigo since he's already on the 40-man as you said. I just feel like they'd rather wait it out but in order to get the guy into Chicago on time with enough prep they'd have to decide by tomorrow afternoon. Gonna have to keep an eye on the Twitters.

My guess is Garza sucks it up and toughs it out for a few innings. Just could put the Cubs in a real tough spot if he can't go Sunday since they would have to call someone up, and have to find someone to send down since I doubt they want to DL Garza for this and have him lose another start.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bruce Miles suggests that Garza will pitch on Sunday and Muskat retweeted it so that's what I'm going to assume until another guy is actually on the mound.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dabynsky was correct, Travis Wood has been brought up to Wrigley as a backup plan per ESPN.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs vs Dodgers 5/5: DeJesus RF,Mather CF, Castro SS, LaHair 1B, Soriano RF, Stewart 3B, Barney 2B, Soto C, Volstad P

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dabynsky was correct, Travis Wood has been brought up to Wrigley as a backup plan per ESPN.

If they don't DL Garza, it will get real tricky since the only pitchers with options currently on the 25 man roster are the two guys sharing the closing duties. Tony Campana would probably be the most painless option to be sent down and just deal with Super Joe and Reed MANTLE in CF for ten days. Otherwise it is trying to work out a deal for Castillo to be able to send him down.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting that he leaves three lefties in against Capuano, who isn't exactly Cliff Lee but is still left-handed.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I am surprised to see Reed and Baker left on the bench today, but I guess DeJesus gets the nod with his all world day yesterday.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I am surprised to see Reed and Baker left on the bench today, but I guess DeJesus gets the nod with his all world day yesterday.

Sveum is down with OBP.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sveum is down with OBP.

It is nice to finally have a manager that is willing to put the guy with the highest OBP (minus the middle of the order bats) in the leadoff spot. Seems like the past twenty years the leadoff guy has to be a fast guy that couldn't get on base.

Status
Not open for further replies.