Cubs Farm System And Prospects Discussion Thread

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that's what I wanted. What a total twit. I was proposing trading Morel while you were singing his praises. He was worth something at that point. Please don't quote me unless you have something at least semi intelligent to say. Put me back on ignore....oh, yeah...you can't even use that correctly.

Then don't post about equating Chapman and Paredes. At least Paredes is only 25 and still not as his peak and at a manageable cost vs a person over priced and on the decline.

If you are butt hurt over Biggie that is no reason to devalue Paredes. He has played at a ASG level and nothing is showing that he has regressed. Morel on the other hand is a hack at the plate that swings so hard that the ball will go out when it does connect. That is the only thing that he is good for

CSF77

Liked Posts:
lmao no it doesnt

your argument was that chapman was the "ideal" signing the cubs could have made this past offseason

you claim it was just a 1 year deal

it is shown to you that that is not true, it was a 3 year deal and you are shown the financial ramifications as to why it would NOT have been the ideal move the cubs could have made

and now you are on about somehow this has made your argument stronger that chapman was the ideal signing?!

id suggest you take a timeout on this one to reflect lol

It made as little sense as resigning Cody. He had Tauchman in CF, Busch at 1B, corner OF were locked up.

Seeing how Jed had no competition he could have held a team opt for year 2 but gave into the fan base and Boras.

I don't see much value in arguing about Chapman as Jed did a deal just as stupid.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
lmao no it doesnt

your argument was that chapman was the "ideal" signing the cubs could have made this past offseason

you claim it was just a 1 year deal

it is shown to you that that is not true, it was a 3 year deal and you are shown the financial ramifications as to why it would NOT have been the ideal move the cubs could have made

and now you are on about somehow this has made your argument stronger that chapman was the ideal signing?!

id suggest you take a timeout on this one to reflect lol
Reading comprehension my friend. My claim was that Chapman on a one year deal was the best option. You clarifying that it was a 3 year deal made it obvious to play Morel instead of signing Chapman, which was my argument.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Reading comprehension my friend. My claim was that Chapman on a one year deal was the best option. You clarifying that it was a 3 year deal made it obvious to play Morel instead of signing Chapman, which was my argument.
how can an option(chapman on 1 year deal) that wasnt even an option(chapman signed a 3 year deal) be the best option??

reading comp is biting you here, not me

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
At least your vocabulary provides some satisfaction for Diehard. Your needledick doesn't seem to give that reaction for him
lmao you sure do seem to talk about dicks more than the avg CCSer....what gives?!

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
how can an option(chapman on 1 year deal) that wasnt even an option(chapman signed a 3 year deal) be the best option??

reading comp is biting you here, not me
My first argument was that hindsight being 20/20 the only good option was Chapman on a one year deal.
You corrected it that Chapman was actually a 3 year deal.
Then I said that it made Chapman a worse option then originally thought, which goes back to Morel being the most logical option going into the 2024 season.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
My first argument was that hindsight being 20/20 the only good option was Chapman on a one year deal.
You corrected it that Chapman was actually a 3 year deal.
Then I said that it made Chapman a worse option then originally thought, which goes back to Morel being the most logical option going into the 2024 season.
so, then chapman on a 1 year deal wasnt the best option...which i said. to which, you replied, "So this makes my argument stronger that there wasn't really a better option than Morel."

you do realize that chapman and morel are not the only guys that play 3B in MLB, right?!

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
so, then chapman on a 1 year deal wasnt the best option...which i said. to which, you replied, "So this makes my argument stronger that there wasn't really a better option than Morel."

you do realize that chapman and morel are not the only guys that play 3B in MLB, right?!
Oh my god, you have a problem here.

Chapman on a one year deal likely gets us to the playoffs, so yes that was the best option, in a hindsight 20/20 scenario.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Chapman on a one year deal likely gets us to the playoffs, so yes that was the best option, in a hindsight 20/20 scenario.
i have the problem??? you are the one that keeps stating something that wasnt possible was the best option....like make it make sense

:what:

sure, chapman on a 1 year deal likely gets us to the playoffs

Ohtani on a 1 year deal also would have helped up get to the playoffs...since we are dabbling in fantasy land of things that were never going to occur

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
i have the problem??? you are the one that keeps stating something that wasnt possible was the best option....like make it make sense

:what:

sure, chapman on a 1 year deal likely gets us to the playoffs

Ohtani on a 1 year deal also would have helped up get to the playoffs...since we are dabbling in fantasy land of things that were never going to occur
You do realize when I say hindsight being 20/20 it automatically makes it unrealistic and hypothetical right? It was meant to point out that Hoyer really had only one good option to fix third last year and it wasn't available.

If you want to nit pick a hypothetical, you're wasting your time and mine.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You do realize when I say hindsight being 20/20 it automatically makes it unrealistic and hypothetical right? It was meant to point out that Hoyer really had only one good option to fix third last year and it wasn't available.

If you want to nit pick a hypothetical, you're wasting your time and mine.
no, thats where your issue is...i see now...

hindsight is looking back on WHAT ACTUALLY OCCURED and saying what if we had done that instead.

hindsight isnt some form of making up whatever garbage comes into your mind

Screenshot 2024-09-23 143230.png

so, you can look back and say in hindsight the cubs should have signed chapman to the 3 year deal HE DID SIGN, but you cant make up an arbitrary past and make claims that never happened happen for you

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Lmao....you and that moron CSF should get together for drinks to talk bad baseball ideas. Adding Chapman gets the Cubs to the playoffs while the fact that they have a pen that blew 25 games is just gonna go away? Just talk real slow and kind of loud....he'll be blabbering a lot about imaginary trades, lineups and guys like Mervis, Candelario, Chapman and Alzolay. His building blocks.

The other Chapman, even while fading, would've probably gotten the Cubs closer than a highly overpaid strikeout king at third.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It made as little sense as resigning Cody. He had Tauchman in CF, Busch at 1B, corner OF were locked up.

Seeing how Jed had no competition he could have held a team opt for year 2 but gave into the fan base and Boras.

I don't see much value in arguing about Chapman as Jed did a deal just as stupid.
Tauchman is not an everyday player.