Cubs Farm System And Prospects Discussion Thread

CSF77

Liked Posts:
On Miller. Ya I see your point.

Would make sense for the Cubs This gives them a closer and a starting catcher.

It would cost alot but for the A's they are most likely running for Vegas to be competitive and by the time that happens they will end up losing both soon. So getting a depth return where they can establish that return at Sacramento makes sense for them.

It would end up Ballestroes going regardless. I would guess that they would want Shaw also. Then add in Wicks or Brown.

I would start with Cam Smith. That gives them a top ended prospect that they can self develop. Then Alcatara as the Cubs OF is jacked and Ballestroes. Add in Triantos. After Cruz and Arais.

Following up trade out Hoerner and (if Cody stays) to replenish the farm (lower system depth).

It is a big hit but none are going to make the team unless a major injury happens that opens up a long term slot. They are all with out a clear path to the majors on the Cubs.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
When it comes to catcher, we might already have that answer with Amaya. Props to the Cubs coaching for finding his issue and apparently fixing it. Ballesteros could be the backup next year and we are set.

We truly need a super star. Weather that is in house or Soto, it needs to happen.