Cubs hire Craig Counsell as manager

Bust

Liked Posts:
So I would view this as Jed wants the core to be internal and they have to get playing time. He will add players via trade or F/A if he has a hole to fill

maybe Jed will get lucky and pull off similar deals to jump start it and take the next big step

CSF77

Liked Posts:
maybe Jed will get lucky and pull off similar deals to jump start it and take the next big step

IDK. If Jed Signs Turner for 3B and Candy for 1B and gives Mervis some opportunity I would be fine.

My expectations right now are not the moon. I want to see PCA get some love and Horton pushed up. Also Casey pushed up. To me that is awesome for a year.

Creg has a history of getting the most out of what he was given so let the process work and get the talent maturing.

I don't know if this was a core issue that Jed had with David. But David would not give a player a chance to adjust after the mid season point. When they started winning he pulled the plug on Mervis and really gave no opportunity to PCA to struggle.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The reason the Cubs didn't make is because it was a .500 team slapped together with tape and gum. The last few years pitching has changed where guys get slotted....bullpens are more important than ever. Hoyer gave them nothing but a lot broken down bums that ended up being over worked because of injuries and lack of backup arms. He left them short handed. Not sure this is exactly right but I'm pretty sure the bullpen didn't put up one zero in the entire ultra important Atlanta series....even if they had schleped in....the playoff teams used more bullpen pitchers than ever. The Cubs certainly wouldn't have gone far with the crap Hoyer provided them with. A new manager won't change that....only Hoyer can. Which is why I don't believe they will extend his ass unless he does.