Cubs hire Craig Counsell as manager

Bust

Liked Posts:
I assume Ricketts will open up his wallet after this signing. I'm expecting something big. Wouldn't rule out Ohtani.

Ricketts is the best owner in Chicago. There is no close 2nd

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
FYI JustinSteeleForCyYoung won't be posting here anymore after the racial slur he just dropped in the bar. You're welcome.
It's not the first time....he actually took a racial shot at @PrideisBears in the Bears Forum and he's a mod. Don't know what he said as I got him on ignore, but just proof it was a good move to ignore his bigoted ass.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not the first time....he actually took a racial shot at @PrideisBears in the Bears Forum and he's a mod. Don't know what he said as I got him on ignore, but just proof it was a good move to ignore his bigoted ass.
What was said was a hard R with a period between the N and the I to circumvent the profanity filter. In the same post he was claiming to not be racist.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Haha. You think the Cubs would spend $40,000,000 on a manager if they believed they had a good manager.

Today’s move proved conclusively that the Cubs believed they had a problem at manager.

Sorry you were wrong. Continue humiliating yourself though. I enjoy it.

Jesus, this is like looking at myself 20 years ago but as a Cubs fan...

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I already miss him clicking “reply” to my posts, only to then type six paragraphs that have nothing to do with my post.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
It says exactly the opposite.
I guess you can read it how you want. Yeah the author says he thinks he'll get an extension.

If they don't see a playoff birth, I don't see Ricketts being overly patient. He's stated several times hoyer has whatever resources he needs. He said this year if they aren't in the postseason that the season wasn't a success. So I certainly think he wants to see results from hoyer before he extends him. Which is fair because hoyer has accomplished nothing without theo.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I guess you can read it how you want. Yeah the author says he thinks he'll get an extension.

If they don't see a playoff birth, I don't see Ricketts being overly patient. He's stated several times hoyer has whatever resources he needs. He said this year if they aren't in the postseason that the season wasn't a success. So I certainly think he wants to see results from hoyer before he extends him. Which is fair because hoyer has accomplished nothing without theo.
“Read it however I want”??

Nothing in that article implies Hoyer is or should be on the hot seat.

Maybe he truly is. But you cited the article as proof and it offered none.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
“Read it however I want”??

Nothing in that article implies Hoyer is or should be on the hot seat.

Maybe he truly is. But you cited the article as proof and it offered none.
It did state its odd for the contracts to not be aligned but then justified why it isn't an issue because if hoyer gets launched any president would be happy to have counsell

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Jed needs to win a ring with out Theo. That will settle it. If not. Well he was really good at building up a farm. Next guy can take it to the next level.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
After reading what Judd said about everything. He did bring up a couple key points. Last year they were the only team that Did not make the playoffs with a positive run indifferential.

So if you felt that runs were left on the table.

He also said that councle has over performed year and in year out any cited 2017 has that team he ran had no business being there and push the Cubs to the last week.

So let's take out of this? I'm not sure honestly I think from what he said that a big signing is not necessarily going to happen. And the signing and how he mentioned performing above your expectations as this was an issue going into this year. If I had to guess they're still going to stick with the farm they want a guy that can get the maximum output from the players and that's a big reason why they made this decision

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't be shocking to see the 2 Japanese lefties at min added. I think Assad stabilizes the middle innings which are a big deal in the current 5 inning starter. Adding a lefty to balance the pen.makes sense then.

I guess this site put up a Morel to 1B article. Didn't read it. Not mad at the idea. I do feel that Jed should trade him while his value is still good. The holes in his game are going to be a long term issue and better to get a established player in return

Can't remember who replied about Chapman's slump.

Players slump. Who cares. You are paying for 162 games. That includes defense and the good and bad days at the dish.

If it saves a few mil because he was not awesome sauce all year long. Cool

For me I value the glove over the bat at 3B. Jed must have agreed as Morel did not play there and a more stable no power stick Madgral did. When he was off the DL

So take it for what it is worth. If Jed really felt the bat was #1 then Candy would have been at 3B full time vs at 1B the majority.

It is a reason why I see Candy not viewed as a 3B solution in FA for Jed. A swing guy and DH I can see. Full time nope.

Last edited: