Cubs Manager Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
@BruceMiles2112
Bruce Miles #Cubs will consider Francona but he wont need an interview. Sveum in mix

Thought this interesting..heard other reports Cubs not interested in Francona

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Manger rumors eh? Well, even the Cubs have to eat dinner sometimes ;)

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
@ESPNChiCubs
Bruce Levine Cubs confirm Mackanin and Maddux interviews. Francona would be at the top of list if it worked out no interview set

another Francona rumor

@CSNMooney
Patrick Mooney Theo says Francona would be on top of anyone's list, and wouldn't need to be interviewed, but both sides would have to decide it's a fit.

YOu think if Theo had no intention of hiring Francona he would say it just like he did Ryno. I bet its up to Terry if he wants job or not

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
Personally I think the cubs already have 1-2 guys that they are considering (maddux and sveum) and 1 of those guys are gonna get the job in my opinion. I just think they are going through the motions to see if they get surprised by someone, or to pick these others guys brains about other teams through indirect questions about how they would manage the teams.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
The prevailing conspiracy theory is that they'll hire Mike Maddux in order to keep Greg Maddux interested :D

Mike's a pretty good pitching coach but I'm not sure what his stance is on Theoball.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love all these "rumors" about what Theo said coming out.

This FO isn't saying anything to anyone.

People are making shit up at this point.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mangers? Everyone has to sleep at some point, even Theo and the Cubs.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Maybe they told Sandberg to tell people the Cubs didn't want him and to negotiate with St. Louis so that he could waste St. Louis's time and come to the Cubs anyway. :dealwithit:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe they told Sandberg to tell people the Cubs didn't want him and to negotiate with St. Louis so that he could waste St. Louis's time and come to the Cubs anyway. :dealwithit:

That may be the best conspiracy theory of all.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs’ Set to Interview Managerial Candidates |

According to Buster Olney, the Cubs are set to interview Phillies bench coach Pete Mackanin. That interview will take place on Friday. Mackanin will be the first interview that Theo Epstein and co. will conduct.

Pete Mackanin is 60 years old and is a Chicago native. He has never been a full-time manager in the big leagues before, but has been in the majors for some time now. He took over for ex Reds manager Jerry Narron after he was let go during the 2007 season. However, that was only on an interim basis and Dusty Baker took over after the 2007 season. Mackanin played in the majors for 8 years as a 2nd baseman.

Next up… Mike Maddux. The Cubs ask the Texas Rangers for permission to interview their pitching coach Mike Maddux and were granted permission. The date in which the Cubs will interview Maddux was not announce, but there’s a good chance it will be this weekend. He’s the brother of Future Hall of Famer Greg Maddux, who will or will not be with the Cubs next season. That’s still up in the air, but Theo Epstein is trying his best to keep him in the Cubs organization. Mike Maddux is also high on the Red Sox list.

Mike Maddux is 50 years old and is now the Texas Rangers pitching coach. Before he became the Rangers pitching coach, he was with the Brewers for 6 years as their pitching coach. Maddux played in the majors for 15 years (1986-2000). He played for 8 different teams … Dodgers (2 stints), Padres, Mets, Pirates, Red Sox, Mariners, Expos and the Astros.

Mackanin and Maddux are first up to be interview. After the Cubs interview these two… the Cubs will interview Brewers’ hitting coach Dale Sveum. But a date has not been announced. It looks like that will be a next week interview.

Other Note: If the Cubs thought Terry Francona was right for the job, he would not need an interview. He would just get hired. However, that does not look likely at this point.

My pick is for Sveum or Maddux. Whose your pick?!

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mike Maddux hope to meet with Cubs next week, dealing with a sickness right now. Sveum may get an interview before Maddux as previously stated.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
All I see on ESPN is shit about Francona. Thought others were saying this was a no deal?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I see on ESPN is shit about Francona. Thought others were saying this was a no deal?

I think it's unlikely, but Theo seems to be the kind to keep the media at bay by saying "we leave all options open" so we won't know until he officially says "no".

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again i find it weird that he right away said no to Ryno but hasnt for Francona

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think we'll be welcoming Mike Maddux into Chicago, personally -- and I'm not thrilled about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.