• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Campy not in the line-up again, seriously WTF!

Kosuke
Castro
Rami (DH)
Pena
Johnson
DeWitt
Soriano
Soto
LeMaheiu

I love seeing DJ get 3 straight starts in the serie. Could we see a trade of DeWitt so the Cubs can get DJ up? I say no because DJ should be sent down to Triple A so he can player everyday and no rot on the bench.

Also, the Cubs right now plan to keep Chris Carpetner up when Wood returns...Grabow or Lopez could be gone.... One of them could be the odd man outs, I hope the Cubs trade Grabow by then for anything, just 1M save I would be satisfy lool.

It is nice to see DJ finally not planted on the end of the bench. Also it is nice to see Quade finally start him against a right hander. I really hope they aren't just going to dump Dewitt. All the people that want Campana to get all these at bats because he is young, and yet he is just 9 months younger than Dewitt. Dewitt is not a guy you want starting everyday for you, but with playing in the OF has turned himself into a very useful supersub capable of playing 4-5 spots.

Have to figure that if Carpenter is staying that Rodrigo Lopez is the most likely guy to go.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Campana isn't in the lineup because A) he can't hit for power... B) he can't get on base and C) he's a pinch-runner.

Fun fact-Tony Campana has yet to hit a professional homerun.

Look the deal with Campana is this. To be useful as an everyday player with no power and tons of speed, you have to either never strike out or draw walks at really high rate preferrably do both. Unforunately Campana isn't good at either as evidenced by the fact that he stuck out 203 times in 1100 ABs and only drew 98 walks.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think Wells throws an absolute gem today. Don't know why...but I'm seeing 6-7 innings, less than 4 hits, less than 3 walks...0 runs...

which means he'll probably last 1 2/3, give up 8 runs, be utterly useless...

Go cubs.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know what it means but the Cubs are 1-10 on Sundays this season.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't know what it means but the Cubs are 1-10 on Sundays this season.

means we suck at day games...which explains our record...

Of course...we suck at night games, too :shifty:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So much for my prediction - lulz. he looks awful :D

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
wow.....Wells went Silva on the Royals.

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I already turned the game off. Now it is really quiet around here.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I said trade Wells now..I think the Cubs should because he's not a major league pitcher.

Rick

Liked Posts:
Friggin Leo Getz driving in runs...

13696-11056.jpg

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well at least the Cubs took care of everything I was interested in during the first inning. Starlin Castro extended the hit streak and Wells took care of them winning the game. Now I can go mow the lawn and get stuff done.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
atleast with watching the cubs...you know that there'll be some games you only have to watch a couple of innings to know the result

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
atleast with watching the cubs...you know that there'll be some games you only have to watch a couple of innings to know the result

As bad as Wells was, at least they have fought and clawed to stay somewhat in this one. I have no doubt that this will be third straight series we blow, but there are a few nice signs like Geo hitting for power again.

Rick

Liked Posts:

I was going to turn it off after the first inning but this is the first day in two weeks where I have nothing I have to do so why not watch the Cubs and laugh a little.

Rick

Liked Posts:
I hate Blake DeWitt. He's so worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.