Cubs trade Rumors Thread

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alot of that was done before they found out he had some eye problems. He has been better of late i believe. Il go check out his monthly stats

I know what he has done since he has come back and its still not that impressive for a hitters league and still striking out 28 percent of the time since he came back.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=olt---001mic&type=bgl&year=2013

Go look at last 28 days. .928 OPS

Last 28 days 26 116 101 20 27 7 0 8 19 0 0 14 31 .267 .353 .574 .928 58 1 0 0 1 0

He still a legit hitter that is MLB ready. 8 of his 9 HR in last 28 days

He is striking out at a massive rate and is about to be 25. Does anyone remember Brett Jackson problem last year. I dont want another one of those problem. Olt does not make sense for this team

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know what he has done since he has come back and its still not that impressive for a hitters league and still striking out 28 percent of the time since he came back.

He also walking alot. He gets into deep counts. Does EXACTLY what Theo loves. He works counts and hits for SLG%. Il take Perez who come right into Garza spot and Olt who slide right into starting 3B for Cubs. Put Valbuena at 2B and move Barney to UTI role which he should be at

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
O and you have no idea if he is major league ready hitter. He is striking out in the PCL like hot cakes and did not show much in his call up last year. Yet again, people are stuck on a name.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is striking out at a massive rate and is about to be 25. Does anyone remember Brett Jackson problem last year. I dont want another one of those problem. Olt does not make sense for this team

Also for a 3 month rental this type of guy you can expect back

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
O and you have no idea if he is major league ready hitter. He is striking out in the PCL like hot cakes and did not show much in his call up last year. Yet again, people are stuck on a name.

Became a name for reason. Been top 50 prospect for 3 yrs now. Since that all Cubs seem to care about is having top prospects he fits mold perfectly

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He also walking alot. He gets into deep counts. Does EXACTLY what Theo loves. He works counts and hits for SLG%. Il take Perez who come right into Garza spot and Olt who slide right into starting 3B for Cubs. Put Valbuena at 2B and move Barney to UTI role which he should be at

SLG is a horrible stat. Stick to OPS and everything you described was Brett Jackson with just some more power and look what he did in the majors.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Juan Cruz was the number 2 prospect in the league before and that means what exactly.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Juan Cruz was the number 2 prospect in the league before and that means what exactly.

Thats what Cub fans are keeping faith in. These top prospects. All we hear or read is how Theo doing a great job cause of top prospects he brought in. I rather keep Garza but Cubs dont care about MLB right now. Only how they rank in prospect list

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are to many red flags with Olt. He has been at an advanced age since he was drafted. He has eye problems. He has contact problems. He walks well and has big power. The best you can hope for is Adam Dunn esque with less power but better D. He is a lot of risk for a proven front of the rotation starter.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
SLG is a horrible stat. Stick to OPS and everything you described was Brett Jackson with just some more power and look what he did in the majors.

You realize that SLG% is halve of OPS right?????? So its not a horrible stat. Again Olt OPS over .900 since eyes gotten fixed.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats what Cub fans are keeping faith in. These top prospects. All we hear or read is how Theo doing a great job cause of top prospects he brought in. I rather keep Garza but Cubs dont care about MLB right now. Only how they rank in prospect list

I agree, I would rather keep Garza over some fringe B prospects.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are to many red flags with Olt. He has been at an advanced age since he was drafted. He has eye problems. He has contact problems. He walks well and has big power. The best you can hope for is Adam Dunn esque with less power but better D. He is a lot of risk for a proven front of the rotation starter.

Type of guy a 3 month rental will get you back. Im in the camp that Cubs Extend Garza but nobody thinks thats going to happen

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You realize that SLG% is halve of OPS right?????? So its not a horrible stat. Again Olt OPS over .900 since eyes gotten fixed.

SLG math doesnt add up right. Its flawed. I know its in OPS. Thats why OPS is a more accurate stat. SLG is not.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
SLG math doesnt add up right. Its flawed. I know its in OPS. Thats why OPS is a more accurate stat. SLG is not.

OPS is just SLG%+OBP%

So if you think SLG% is flawed then OPS is flawed in your eyes. So it cant be more accurate. Now you might be a guy who likes OPS+ then. Cause thats a different formula

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
OPS is just SLG%+OBP%

So if you think SLG% is flawed then OPS is flawed in your eyes. So it cant be more accurate. Now you might be a guy who likes OPS+ then. Cause thats a different formula

Yea, thats my fault wasnt thinking when typing. You are correct and thats what I meant to say.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Just how many more fucking prospects does this team actually need before fielding a contender ?

Twenty years worth ?

Enough is enough already.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
How long is Theo's contract?

Let's hope it's cut short.

I cannot even pretend to like what's going on......

[video=youtube;WMI7wAtbvj8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMI7wAtbvj8&feature=player_detailpage&list=PL6FAE67C71B4C03BB[/video]