Cubs vs Indians 6/15 - 6/18

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Schwarber is doing ok tonight

I'll take every run they can get...no lead is safe. Seriously.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Schwarber like, im not going to Iowa... i like it here

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Soler due off DL tomorrow, anyone here what the plan is for him
Couple games rehab?

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
some motivation going on in the Indians dugout
majorleagueloubrown.jpg

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Damn bryant suxs..lol. only one without a hit tonight

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Man, I know its a pipe dream but just think about

Rizzo
Castro
Baez
Schwarber
Bryant
Soler
Russell
???

I say we have this lineup one day. It would be so fucking good. We have to see how Baez does when he comes back, but that is just freaky power for a lineup.

They wont let Castro bat #2. His OBA is too low for it. They have been keeping Bryant and Rizzo 2-3 due to those 2 having the teams highest OBA.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Well, this is fun.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
They wont let Castro bat #2. His OBA is too low for it. They have been keeping Bryant and Rizzo 2-3 due to those 2 having the teams highest OBA.
I can't speak for SilenceS, but I am going to anyway. His list wasn't a batting order. Rizzo isn't a leadoff hitter.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

It wasn't a lineup. Lol It was just the starting team. My bad. I wrote it confusing.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Damn, I took a nap, woke up and it was 10-0! Missed Schwarber's RBI's! LETS GO CUBS!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It wasn't a lineup. Lol It was just the starting team. My bad. I wrote it confusing.

All good. I'm curious how they are going to run catcher next year though. With Schwarber's eta pushed up you have to wonder how they are going to manage it.

To me Schwarber is going to have to get way better at his catching skills. Montero as we have seen is no slouch as a hitter. Takes walks etc. You have to wonder if you lose too much by making the change. On top of it do you make Schwarber a part time player next year? Sitting on the bench that much? I really did not work well with Castillo.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Having a poor defensive catcher, in order to get his bat in the lineup, is how losing teams do it. Just say NO!

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Hit number 3 for Shwarber. He is a stocky fucker too!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well Kyle is doing a really good job of making Theo 2nd think him going down to AAA.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Having a poor defensive catcher, in order to get his bat in the lineup, is how losing teams do it. Just say NO!

I would move Bryant to CF and Kyle to LF. Scary huna. But Bryant honestly can cover ground with his speed so it really is not a far fetched idea. Let Fowler go via F/A.

Get Kyle in as a 3rd catcher to learn from both Montero and Ross for a full year. Following year promote Almora and move Bryant to LF. Kyle as starting catcher.

About the most logical approach to it. I wouldn't let Kyle just take over unless had a full year under his belt getting to know the league.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I would move Bryant to CF and Kyle to LF. Scary huna. But Bryant honestly can cover ground with his speed so it really is not a far fetched idea. Let Fowler go via F/A.

Get Kyle in as a 3rd catcher to learn from both Montero and Ross for a full year. Following year promote Almora and move Bryant to LF. Kyle as starting catcher.

About the most logical approach to it. I wouldn't let Kyle just take over unless had a full year under his belt getting to know the league.

You know, I was just thinking about the whole debacle and this never crossed my mind. I figured if we moved Kyle to the OF, we would basically have to choose between Kyle and Javy Baez because Kris Bryant would move to LF if Baez came up to play 3rd, but would stay at 3rd if Shwarber played LF.

How would Kris do at CF do you guys think? And what would that do for Almora's future?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Schwarber just gonna have to realize his quickest route to the cubs is via LF. .. he goes to iowa on Monday and starts playing LF, he could be back up by next weekend IF he continues to hit these next 4 games..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You know, I was just thinking about the whole debacle and this never crossed my mind. I figured if we moved Kyle to the OF, we would basically have to choose between Kyle and Javy Baez because Kris Bryant would move to LF if Baez came up to play 3rd, but would stay at 3rd if Shwarber played LF.

How would Kris do at CF do you guys think? And what would that do for Almora's future?

Just 1 approach. But being the flexable type You could see a line up like that a few times. Nothing is ever set in stone with him. The next game you could see Bryant at LF and Schwarber in at catcher and Alcantara in CF.

I would not rule anything out with Maddon in making it all work.