[DaBearsBlog] Bears in love with Jaxon Smith-Njigba

TL1961

Liked Posts:
“The Bears (previous regime) are getting known as not treating offense the best”.

Kyle Long under Pace and Nagy is not affecting anyone’s view of the current regime.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
You literally said “We should have a rookie ready to jump in and his fourth year”

And somehow that means competition to you?

“The Bears (previous regime) are getting known as not treating offense the best”.

Kyle Long under Pace and Nagy is not affecting anyone’s view of the current regime.

Early onset Alzheimer's?
When the team has been doing the same thing for over 38 years current regime isn't the cause to anyone able to think.

But OK, Poles came in talking up the trenches. So far he's shown he values DBs & LBs and maybe a WR. But I guess to you throwing 6 or so late round oline at the fan to see what sticks counts as having respect for offense or the trenches.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Early onset Alzheimer's?
When the team has been doing the same thing for over 38 years current regime isn't the cause to anyone able to think.

But OK, Poles came in talking up the trenches. So far he's shown he values DBs & LBs and maybe a WR. But I guess to you throwing 6 or so late round oline at the fan to see what sticks counts as having respect for offense or the trenches.

I still want to know what great lineman he failed to sign or draft with 0 first rounders last season? A tear down season at that

I mean talking up the trenches, yes but does that mean he should just overpay or reach for the position? Paying McGlinchey the money he's making is not a good thing. Yes, we need more ij the trenches but you still have to be smart about the money allocated

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Early onset Alzheimer's?

You talking complete circles and nonsense. You said we should draft a rookie ready to jump in during Fields’ fourth year and then you’re backing off that that would be competition?

You’re going to use the number one pick in 2024 for a rookie quarterback while Fields is on the roster and you are going to pretend that’s not competition? That would be an absolutely insane waste of resources to have them both on the team at one time.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Early onset Alzheimer's?

He hasn’t shown that he values people over the trenches just because people in the trenches were not available when you wanted them to be. He can’t shit free agents that are worth having just because we have a hole there.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
You talking complete circles and nonsense. You said we should draft a rookie ready to jump in during feels his fourth year and then you’re backing off that that would be competition? You’re going to use the number one pick in 2024 for a rookie quarterback Wellfield is on the roster and you are going to pretend that’s not competition? That would be an absolutely insane waste of resources to have them both on the team at one time.

He hasn’t shown that he values people over the trenches just because people in the trenches were not available when you wanted them to be. He can’t shit free agents that are worth having just because we have a hole there.

I have proven time and time again that there were better players taken after our 2 second round "BPA" picks. I used WRs because they show up in the stats. All I have to prove is that BPA was bullshit.
If you want to prove something about the 2nd round oline or dline that is your job. I'm doing for you you lazy ass.

This is not that hard to comprehend. 1st rounders get 4 years with a 5th option. That 5th option is expensive, it wasn't worth paying Trubisky his 5th. If Fields doesn't show up in his 3rd year we have 2 firsts heading into his 4th year and there's supposedly a better QB than this year. Heading into Fields' 4th year is the right time to grab his replacement. It won't matter if he shows up in his 4th year or not.
There won't be a competition because we would've just used a high pick on a QB. Just like if we had used the #1 this year on a QB Fields would've been up for trade.
Wasting 3 years of his 4 year rookie contract assures Fields is not the QB, or at least it should unless you want 10 years of Rex is our QB.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I still want to know what great lineman he failed to sign or draft with 0 first rounders last season? A tear down season at that

I mean talking up the trenches, yes but does that mean he should just overpay or reach for the position? Paying McGlinchey the money he's making is not a good thing. Yes, we need more ij the trenches but you still have to be smart about the money allocated

We're paying Whitehair something like $2M less than McGlinchey got.

As above if you want to prove anything +/- about linemen taken after our 2nd rounders that's your job. I'm not doing your work for you. I have already proven that there were players better than the "BPA" we took.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One season does not prove BPA. Sorry. BPA is in the eye of the beholder so while you may think a War was better, Poles may not have. Who is right will ultimately be determined over the life of their contract and time in the NFL and not by a single rookie season.

Also Whitehair is making 14 in the 2nd to last year of his deal. His average though was 10.25m over the life of his contract. Trying to compare that to McGlinchey whose average is 17.5m is disingenuous. That is over 7m more a year for 5 years for a difference of 35m over the life of the contract.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We're paying Whitehair something like $2M less than McGlinchey got.

As above if you want to prove anything +/- about linemen taken after our 2nd rounders that's your job. I'm not doing your work for you. I have already proven that there were players better than the "BPA" we took.

McGlinchey is not just making 2m more.

McGlincheys biggest cap hit years max out at 21m per. Whitehairs biggest cap hit is 14 and thats this season.

After the first year, McGlinchey is going to cost 18, 21, 21 and 21 per. No, not the same thing. Paying a RT 21m per year is dumb. The Bears can get out of Whitehairs contract too

And considering Braxton outperformed tackles taken earlier than him and was considered one of the better tackles taken in the entire draft, I call bullshit on you having proved anything about offensive lineman that were better than the "BPA" we took

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Paying a RT 21m per year is dumb.

NFL Offensive Line Spending - Cap
A lot of dumb teams, huh? Pretty bold words for a fan of a team as bad as the last place Bears.

And considering Braxton outperformed tackles taken earlier than him and was considered one of the better tackles taken in the entire draft, I call bullshit on you having proved anything about offensive lineman that were better than the "BPA" we took

Call bullshit on something I haven't said all you want (and for '61, that's what a strawman is). I never said linemen, in fact I said I wasn't going to do that. Do your own damn work. Prove it. I've proven the 2 2nds weren't BPA. They weren't even the BPA at the DB positions. WRs available after our picks were good. A DB in the 5th was a pro-bowler.

OTs taken before we had a pick have nothing to with anything. We couldn't take those players. That should make your work even easier than looking for videos on every lineman taken before our 2nds you only have to research all the linemen taken after. Oddly you don't want to do it.

That's about like those (who you were probably one of) throwing a fit about taking a guard (Nelson) in '18 that was going to go before our pick.
You all really have problems with reality, what is possible and what is not, what is a prediction and what is a fact.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Remember when poles drafted VJJ in the third round? Definitely could’ve gotten an O lineman or D Lineman there. Seahawks drafted a starting tackle 1 pick after it

Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
And really I don't care if Bears want to waste Fields' career with no protection anymore. As far as I'm concerned the time for that was last year and he's as good as gone now. I've been making that prediction for a long time and getting disliked for it.
I'm convinced the plan is that we'll most likely be using this year's first trade for a future to move up for a QB next year. There's really no other excuse to not protect your rookie to 4th year QB unless you think he's not the QB. I can accept that.

I think it's stupid to not give him a fighting chance because he shows promise but what we're building for now is most likely the next guy because any protection he does get won't be experienced before he needs replaced. If Fields can manage to prove something without vet protection and a WR great we'll have 2 first rounders next year.
If he doesn't, oh well. We're not really out anything, in fact we still picked up some picks by putting the #1 off a year and according to claims we'll get a more sure thing QB out of it.

If we were to sign Fields to a long contract or pay for his 5th without him proving anything that would be a repeat of the Rex is our QB idiocy or signing Cutler to a long expensive contract without him proving anything.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Are they in love with JSN at #9? I think that's a different discussion. I love him at #17.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
CLINT HERE.

JUST WANT TO SAY I BOUGHT IN MONTHS AGO ON JSN AND MY FELLOW SCOUTS AND BEAT WRITERS SEEM TO HAVE FINALLY CAUGHT UP. I WAS POSITIVE PRIOR BUT NOW WITH RAWDAWGS SKEPTICISM WE SHOULD PRAY TO ANY GOD WHO WILL HAVE US THE CHICAGO FOOTBALL BEARS DRAFT THIS YOUNG MAN

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Best guess at #9,............................BPA at a position of need OL/DL.
I have given my opinion in other threads that I want the pick to be Paris Johnson Jr.

But I think we should all get used to the name Devon Witherspoon.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Best guess at #9,............................BPA at a position of need OL/DL.

Even just BPA. Every big board I've used and every sim I've done has the best ranked at #9 OL/DL. That they also cover position of need is coincidence.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
NFL Offensive Line Spending - Cap
A lot of dumb teams, huh? Pretty bold words for a fan of a team as bad as the last place Bears.

Call bullshit on something I haven't said all you want (and for '61, that's what a strawman is). I never said linemen, in fact I said I wasn't going to do that. Do your own damn work. Prove it. I've proven the 2 2nds weren't BPA. They weren't even the BPA at the DB positions. WRs available after our picks were good. A DB in the 5th was a pro-bowler.

OTs taken before we had a pick have nothing to with anything. We couldn't take those players. That should make your work even easier than looking for videos on every lineman taken before our 2nds you only have to research all the linemen taken after. Oddly you don't want to do it.

That's about like those (who you were probably one of) throwing a fit about taking a guard (Nelson) in '18 that was going to go before our pick.
You all really have problems with reality, what is possible and what is not, what is a prediction and what is a fact.

This is pretty dumb logic as virtually every team in the NFL would have multiple situations where they didnt take BPA as there is almost always someone who will perform better taken later than when a team takes someone.

Hell considering Purdy's performance every team that needed a QB long term including Seattle failed to take BPA given his performance.