Dalton signed

Montucky

Liked Posts:
What's more disappointing is that this probably means another year of Charles Leno Jr. at left tackle and god knows what at right tackle. This situation has been collapsing for two full seasons and its just going to get ignored again, isn't it?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
At $10M, Dalton would have been the 2nd highest paid backup QB last year behind Alex Smith - who I kind of view more as a starter still recovering from injury than a backup. So I don't think you can casually say "this is backup money" because it might be the most expensive backup in 2021.

Also he made $3M last year and didnt have a fantastic season, this feels like a panic overpay with fitzmagic gone.
You just wait on the Trubisky signing!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I truly hope the press excoriates Pace and Nagy for this. This is just plain fucking stupidity
Nobody is really defending the deal. A few are saying it was inevitable, but nobody is saying it's a good contract.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I guess at least he didn’t give him the genius glennon deal

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Dalton is better than what they have, why didn't they get him last year for half the money and no 4th rounder?

He was still a Bengal at the time of the trade so we don't know what the Bengals wanted in a trade. The Bears probably should have waited longer.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
The good news is that you will be able to take your whole family to Soldier Field for $20 this December.

The bad news is it will be to watch the Bears.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
because they traded for Foles on March 31. Dalton was released April 30.

I'm not shocked by this move, an unfortunate called it......

Mar 1.

Don't forget Andy Dalton, he has the Lazor tie in.
Sadly, he might be the best alternative.
They certainly knew he was going to be released (everyone did with Burrow) and there was no need to get Foles in March.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He was still a Bengal at the time of the trade so we don't know what the Bengals wanted in a trade. The Bears probably should have waited longer.
Everyone knew he would be released.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

"There best bet has always been"

How's Gabriel been alive this long writing things and still fucks up there/their/they're...

There is where they went because there is a place.

Their is possessive because.

They're = They are.

Their friends are going over there to that place, because they're looking for something.

It really isn't that hard Greg.... fuck.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol at Pace giving up on Foles so quickly. Asshat has no clue what he's doing.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Couldn't they have just done that with Foles?

Scratches head........................

No. We need a slightly more mobile pocket passer to fail at running Nagy's offense.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
I dont know what changed with Andy Dalton that literally tripled his value over the last year. The cap actually went down and he went from a one year, three million dollar to a one year, ten million dollar contract.

Makes zero sense. At the same deal the Cowboys gave him it'd be fine but this cost the Bears a free agent.

To be honest, I'd rather have spent half that on Trubisky. That said, Dalton has done well over the years, he will be working with an excellent defense, and I think he's got a good shot to do pretty well.

In the four years before he went to Dallas, he had a 16-game average of 3,882 yards, 23 TDs and 13 picks for some awful Bengals teams. I think he can work well enough with Nagy, and stay on the field. His one season with Dallas was better than what Foles posted, and about on par with Trubisky (slightly lower completion percentage and two fewer TDs, but more passing yards).

The ability to throw the deep ball may be his biggest upgrade over Trubisky. He still seems pretty mobile (averaged 4.1 yards a carry in 2020). If the Bears keep Jimmy Graham, if A-Rob signs, this should work out okay.

Of course, long-term, Trubisky may prove that letting him walk was stupid.