Dan Carcillo

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bet there will no more public tweets from DC once the camp starts.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Funny story....

TCD had the same situation happen to him. He leaned back and asked some random guy, while he had fingers in him...and said the same thing - "my dad would be so proud of me"....and his dad said, "yes son...I am"...and kept going...LMAO

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy shit pmx I just almost spit water on my computer screen hahahahaha.... I can't believe you would let a family secret about your son out like that!

<

thanson1990

Liked Posts:
On the whole bad penalty topic, Ben Eager's last full season with PHI, he had 233 PIM in 63 games. The year he was traded to the Hawks, he had 89 in 32 games between PHI and CHI. In his two full seasons under Joel's staff, he had a combined 281 PIM in 135 games. I think that Joel's staff can kind of hold back the reigns on Carcillo like they did with Eager, yet still have him play a physical, agitator type of role.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
With him making his first real appearance on Thursday, I figured I'd druge up this thread with some more fun fodder.

Blackhawks' Carcillo: 'I'm ready'

The two-game suspension for the Chicago Blackhawks' Daniel Carcillo is over and the winger is excited to play for his new team Thursday night against the Winnipeg Jets at the United Center.

"I'm about as prepared as I'll ever be," Carcillo said following Monday's practice. "I've been working hard. (Assistant coach Mike) Kitchen skated me two days in a row there. It was a lot tougher than being in a game, I'll tell you that. I'm ready."

Coach Joel Quenneville had Carcillo skating on a line with Marian Hossa and center Patrick Kane during practice and he could remain there for Thursday's game.

"They're two of the elite players in this league," Carcillo said. "It's a pretty simple job if I'm playing with them. It's just go to the net, keep my stick on the ice and be ready for backdoor passes and rebounds. The way I play I have to bring what I bring every night, it doesn't matter who I'm playing with. That's what I plan on doing."

Carcillo, a physical player who signed a one-year, free-agent contract with the Hawks in July, would also be used as protection for two of the team's most skilled players.

"I know I'm doing my job when I'm under guys' skin and they're thinking about me and they're not thinking about guys like Hossa and Kane and that's a mistake on their part," Carcillo said. "That's when breakdowns happen."

Carcillo also had a word about his nickname of 'Car bomb.'

"Everyone has nicknames," he said. "It just happens that mine's a lot better than everyone else's."

One-timers: Goaltender Corey Crawford did not practice Monday. Although Crawford was dealing with a minor groin injury during the preseason, Quenneville said the netminder had the day off and should be on the ice Tuesday. ... Forward Ben Smith (concussion) skated but is not yet cleared for contact. ... Winger Viktor Stalberg (knee) skated by himself and could re-join the team for practice Tuesday or Wednesday.

I think it's one hell of an opportunity for carcillo if he's running on a line with Hoss and Kane. And it's probably just what those two need. A guy out there who is in front of the net distracting everyone away from two of the best snipers in the game. If he can keep the penalties down, more toward what he did last year instead of the year before, add protection to Kane and Hossa, and stand in front of the net blocking the goalie and picking up the easy rebounds then it's sure to be a huge line.

I'm still not sold on him, but he's hilarious to say the least, just look above for proof. I think he will quickly become a fan favorite, we've always liked energy guys, proof is why Adam Burish was so loved here for so long. I worry that he's not a big point producing guy, but maybe that will change. I think he's an Adam Burish type guy but at least slightly better in every way. Except maybe energy and chirping, they are about even there.

I feel like this is going to be the season for the hawks. Either genius everything clicks or BOOM the Car bomb blows up and everything goes down with it.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Kane-Hossa-Carcillo.... On paper it is tempting, but Kane centering.... thats another subject for later...

I just hope it works out fine so we don't get screwed in the process.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Carcillo, unlike most energy guys, can actually play some hockey. Has good hands, some speed, and a nose for the puck. This could be a good line.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm think I'm just happy to have a guy on the ice at all times with Kane and Hossa, who is willing to jump in the fray and protect guys at the drop of a hat.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love for Carcillo to tone down the stupidity and have a career year to shut up all those that think he's just a sideshow.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Me too since I snagged him as the #144 forward pick in the IHN Fantasy League!

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Looking forward to seeing the Carbomb tonight!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Wow... how things change since the signing... not you specifically, but to think the hatred that was spewed when he was signed, and now he's almost completely accepted... I'm still reserving a little pit of hatred till I see his PIMs.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol I was the 2nd post in that thread and I was ecstatic... and right... as usual.

Heehee

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Why did I know you'd be the first douchebag to respond... and you aren't right yet, give him a few games.