Dan Carcillo

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Lets be honest here... He chose to come here. No one forced him. He knows what to expect from us, and we know what he's here to do. We lacked this kind of player last year and we certainly could have used him last year, as we all know.

I know that theres some who don't realize what a guy like this brings to the table. Sure he does dumb penalties and such, but even the good players could make dumb penalties. Even Martin St. Louis didn't have 0 penalty minutes when he won the Lady Byng this year. One of them might have been a dumb penalty, you never know. And of course we know some players that know how to dive and do it well without being caught. They will be caught, eventually...
<

No one is a complete angel in this sport.

The role he could play is huge for our team, and some of you don't realize it... The crowd plays a vital role in it all. Scoring helps, but if we get stuck playing a game where we're behind by a lot of goals, someone needs to pump the crowd up to get the team back in it. This is the guy you want... And I know that he'll do it the right way without getting himself into too much trouble.

Either way, I know some of us don't like him, but give him a chance... Things could have been a lot worse. He could have decided to go to Vancouver instead, but he didn't. He chose us, so the least we could do is give him a chance. I mean, the contract is only for 1 yr anyway, so why should anyone complain? ...
<

R K

Fifth Feather article about Carcillo. I especially like this line --

"...There was absolutely no doubt the Blackhawks were going to make an effort to acquire character players like Carcillo. Hell, in their exit interviews after the season,
at least two ’core’ players mentioned the need for a player who can fight and actually play (A direct slap to John Scott if there was ever was one)...."

Not sure about that. I wonder if the person making that up has ever talked to any of the players.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dammit... hit the wrong button oon my phone again. Good posts RK and CLWolf

R K

What? No love for my post? I'm crushed, Stu....

Well it is something someone made up. None of them talked to the players obviously. I know for a fact the two making 6.5 mil a year love Scott. I agree and disagree but it's quite clear how they stand on him.

As for Stu he gave ME the -1 LOL

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Those of us who hate the signing will also be sure to point out every bad penalty, blown coverage, healthy scratches, and missed opportunities to those who think this was a "wonderful signing".

I wouldn't expect less from you.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you about this anymore. I've said my opinion and you clearly haven't given much other then "he can't skate well" which should have been where I realized to pass over your posts like usual.

CaveMan

Liked Posts:
My Carcillo shirt is on order woot woot!

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
But...Jaekel talks to all the Hawks and is an insider, isn't he?

Some Carcillo quotes...

"I watched their playoff series with Vancouver and you could see there wasn't that push-back they needed," said Carcillo, signed specifically to change that.

"I'm not a one-dimensional player," Carcillo said. "Stan and Joel expressed that they want me to play on the edge. They're willing to accept a few bad penalties. I know I don't have the best reputations with the refs in this league. But I know how to stay within that line too."

One of the first of Carcillo's ex-teammates to send congratulations was Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger. Among the first new teammates to reach out were Kane and Duncan Keith.

"I can't wait to play with the kind of emotion I play with in that building," Carcillo said.

Funny, Stan and Joel will live with him playing on the edge, taking bad penalties at times. But Kerfuffle won't.

whiteevo

Liked Posts:
i need to get a "i-miss-wiz" signed puck to complete my front office trifecta project i'm working on.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i need to get a "i-miss-wiz" signed puck to complete my front office trifecta project i'm working on.

Sorry man, the most I have is a James Wisniewski signed Winter Classic puck.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

Some Carcillo quotes...

"I watched their playoff series with Vancouver and you could see there wasn't that push-back they needed," said Carcillo, signed specifically to change that.

"I'm not a one-dimensional player," Carcillo said. "Stan and Joel expressed that they want me to play on the edge. They're willing to accept a few bad penalties. I know I don't have the best reputations with the refs in this league. But I know how to stay within that line too."

One of the first of Carcillo's ex-teammates to send congratulations was Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger. Among the first new teammates to reach out were Kane and Duncan Keith.

"I can't wait to play with the kind of emotion I play with in that building," Carcillo said.

Funny, Stan and Joel will live with him playing on the edge, taking bad penalties at times. But Kerfuffle won't.

LOL and Ill say again... 16 minors in 57 games... not sure where this notion of "too many dumb penalties" comes from.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Well, it comes from 986 PIMS and being suspended 3 or 4 times in 4 years.

nana

Liked Posts:

Some Carcillo quotes...

Glad to know Kane is allowed to make phone calls from rehab.
<

On a serious note, good post, like seeing the quotes and that Kane and Keith already reached out to him.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, it comes from 986 PIMS and being suspended 3 or 4 times in 4 years.

Well you're taking into account the outlier which was the first of four years you were talking about where he had 324 PIMs in 57 GP which was 5.86 PIMs/GP. Here is how the last 4 years stacked up:

Code:
5.86 PIMs/GP - 57 GP - 324 PIMs

3.43 PIMs/GP - 74 GP - 254 PIMs

2.72 PIMs/GP - 76 GP - 207 PIMs

2.22 PIMs/GP - 57 GP - 127 PIMs

As you can see, he seems to have been getting more disciplined every year... at least that's what the trend has shown. Out of all of those 127 PIMs last year, only 32 of them were from possible "careless penalties". All of the rest of his minutes came from fighting and misconducts. Obviously, for his role, he is going to rack up a ton of PIMs from fights and misconducts and from all accounts from management that's the player they're expecting.

If he can keep his PIMs/GP around 2.00 I don't think he's going to cost this team anything in the long run. However, I expect him to be around the 2.50-2.75 range with the Blackhawks.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
But you can't say "you don't know where its coming from" when it comes to his penalties.

He's deserved the rap and that style of play is what got him here/keeps him here. I just hope and think he can pick/choose his spots and not get sucked into taking a bad penalty (i.e retaliating)...at bad times.

His 2min a game or 16 minors, right isnt bad. Is it a hooking minor...or is it with 4min left, trailing by one...after a whistle?

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
But you can't say "you don't know where its coming from" when it comes to his penalties.

He's deserved the rap and that style of play is what got him here/keeps him here. I just hope and think he can pick/choose his spots and not get sucked into taking a bad penalty (i.e retaliating)...at bad times.

His 2min a game or 16 minors, right isnt bad. Is it a hooking minor...or is it with 4min left, trailing by one...after a whistle?

Very true... but the fact that it is trending downward is alway promising.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Glad to know Kane is allowed to make phone calls from rehab.
<

On a serious note, good post, like seeing the quotes and that Kane and Keith already reached out to him.

Yes, while Kane is in Rehab and eating babies....Toews just got canonized in Rome (even though he's still living) while building orphanages in Third World Countries. Rumor has it he's close to solving World Peace while creating a new fuel alternate.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone think the Hawks management asked O'Donnell, after he was signed, about Carcillo?

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Anyone think the Hawks management asked O'Donnell, after he was signed, about Carcillo?

Just because I can't spell rhetorical doesn't mean I don't know it's meaning.

Oh.