Dan Carcillo

R K

Awesome, I got my first -1 for this post!
<

I was wondering when it would happen, now I can sleep at night.
<

You sleep? I learn something new every day.

SArmonte90

Liked Posts:
I don't mind this at all. He will add toughness on the ice. Somthing we need more of. Scott,Carcillo, and Mayers? The ice is gonna be awfully red this season.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good job on misspelling Stalberg's name three different ways in one post, impressive.

<

TWAT and a DOUCHE to you

I remember being seriously belittled last year for mis-spelling Makorov. So walk softly and wear some thick skin.

ginnie

Liked Posts:
I haven't read all nineteen pages of this thread, but I hated Carcillo before...

I HATE diving by players, and I HATE dirty players...

I really don't know if you can discipline a guy like that.

I need more time to take this in...

ginnie

Liked Posts:
I don't mind this signing at all. It's cheap and only 1-year and fills a need. He's got speed and some skill which will come handy. I see no reason for an outrage about this. And I wouldn't be surprised if coach Q could get Carcillo to cut out the stupid from his game and make him emerge as bigger

I think that is key.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Didn't take into account I might have done that on purpose.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
This is going to be a long summer until hockey start, You guys are going top rip each other's heads off. Thank god NHL network is replaying all the playoff games, till the season starts cause there is nothing else interesting, and don't say there is baseball, that is the worst sport on the face of this earth.

nana

Liked Posts:
You sleep? I learn something new every day.

LOL! Being on vacation and more than doubling my normal sleep has been amazing.
<

As for Carcillo, I will admit, my initial reaction was surprise and dismay. That being said, I don't want to be a hypocrite. I laughed and cheered as loudly as anyone in the UC when the jumbotron gave a close-up shot of Burish and Eager on the bench, chirping the shit out of Bieksa as he stood in front of them during the Cup run. Eliminate the overtly cheap/dirty stuff and I'm on board.

Clearly he is a divisive player... there are good hockey fans whose opinions I respect on both sides of the issue in this thread. I guess we'll see what this new season brings. I, for one, cannot wait!

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Its funny how some love the signing while others absolutely hate it.

My opinion for those who hate it: Deal with it as he isn't going anywhere right now. I realize he will become a whipping boy and that's fine, I expect it. But when the people who hate the signing are raving about a huge hit/fight/shift/goal/stache I'll make sure to point out how this was a "bad signing".

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

My opinion for those who hate it: Deal with it as he isn't going anywhere right now. I realize he will become a whipping boy and that's fine, I expect it. But when the people who hate the signing are raving about a huge hit/fight/shift/goal/stache I'll make sure to point out how this was a "bad signing".

EXACTLY

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Personally, I'll reserve judgement until well into the season. He could literally go either way; hamstring us making Bowman & company look like unshaven ass, or, he could reign it in and be the perfect pest.

Either way, we still have the same core that should take us far barring something bad happening, but the new addition are gonna make next year interesting.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:

Those of us who hate the signing will also be sure to point out every bad penalty, blown coverage, healthy scratches, and missed opportunities to those who think this was a "wonderful signing".

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
I place Carcillo as the third best troll in the NHL:

1) Avery

2) Pronger

3) Carcillo

HMs to Perry/Burrows

Going to be a fun year!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Those of us who hate the signing will also be sure to point out every bad penalty, blown coverage, healthy scratches, and missed opportunities to those who think this was a "wonderful signing".

It's the blinders many fans have. Fans tend to have players they like that can do no wrong, and when those players play like ass, they make excuses. And, conversely, you have the hated players that even though they do something right, they will find something to complain about.

I know I can be guilty of that attitude too, but I try to give credit, and malignment where due.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
It's the blinders many fans have. Fans tend to have players they like that can do no wrong, and when those players play like ass, they make excuses. And, conversely, you have the hated players that even though they do something right, they will find something to complain about.

I know I can be guilty of that attitude too, but I try to give credit, and malignment where due.

Are you meaning to tell me that John Scott actually has flaws????????

bierboy

Liked Posts:
Fifth Feather article about Carcillo. I especially like this line --

"...There was absolutely no doubt the Blackhawks were going to make an effort to acquire character players like Carcillo. Hell, in their exit interviews after the season,
at least two ’core’ players mentioned the need for a player who can fight and actually play (A direct slap to John Scott if there was ever was one)...."