Dan Carcillo

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Have I mentioned how pumped I am to have this guy!!! Oh by the way, I will get a sweater with his name for sure. I think I am more excited to have this guy then when we had Burrish. I just felt like with Burrish, he was all talk and when came to fighting even though he fought, he got his ass kicked more then he kicked ass, thats just M.O.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I still really haven't commented. It could go both ways for me, I am going to fully wait till I see him play a few weeks or months before I decide if I like him or not. If he's able to curb some of the hack and keep the energy, then there is no reason to hate.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know I am a bit of a grinder fan. I just can't see how anyone (1 season from now) will be crying about Carcillo. Ever since he's been in the league I've hated this asshole... and now he is my new favorite player because he will be enraging other players and other fans. #3 Troll in the NHL behind Avery and Pronger.... CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily the next time he hits Jeff Carter he won't be on his team, LOL.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Have I mentioned how pumped I am to have this guy!!! Oh by the way, I will get a sweater with his name for sure. I think I am more excited to have this guy then when we had Burrish. I just felt like with Burrish, he was all talk and when came to fighting even though he fought, he got his ass kicked more then he kicked ass, thats just M.O.

Before the 08 season they had Burish at the Cubs game for the 7th inning stretch and he said "I fight anyone... I just like getting hit in the face, even though I normally lose.".... and I'm not joking. Well at least he was honest.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It's easy Stu. I can see him trying too hard and becoming exactly what isn't needed. Agitator and pest is one thing, becoming the canucks is another. That's why I'll reserve judgement till I can see what kind of player he is ON THIS TEAM. As you've pointed out yourself, even from Phoenix to Philly he was a different type of player, same skills but he adapted to the team he was on. I hope that is again the case and he's able to play with the skills he has shown while keeping some of the edge he's become known for. No one can really know until we drop that fucking dark fat sphere of bouncy sex toy material.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Coach Joel Quenneville also attended the final day of camp, speaking for the first time since the Hawks signed five free agents on July 1, including supreme agitator Dan Carcillo.

"I think he has more versatility than being a one-dimensional tough guy," Quenneville said. "There is some skill to his game. He can play with some top guys as well. You can move him up in certain situations. That edge he can bring is something we were looking for."

Quenneville is happy with the new additions, which bring some leadership, size and toughness to the Hawks.

"We're better equipped going forward for all our needs," he said. "We have a great core and the guys we brought in this year really complement that core. Their experience and leadership are complimentary to make us a better team. We fulfilled our needs."

Ton

Liked Posts:
Joel hit the nail on the head. Looks like they are done making moves by the sound of things. I'm comfortable with Sharp at center, but is he?

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:
Coach Joel Quenneville also attended the final day of camp, speaking for the first time since the Hawks signed five free agents on July 1, including supreme agitator Dan Carcillo.

"I think he has more versatility than being a one-dimensional tough guy," Quenneville said. "There is some skill to his game. He can play with some top guys as well. You can move him up in certain situations. That edge he can bring is something we were looking for."

Quenneville is happy with the new additions, which bring some leadership, size and toughness to the Hawks.

"We're better equipped going forward for all our needs," he said. "We have a great core and the guys we brought in this year really complement that core. Their experience and leadership are complimentary to make us a better team. We fulfilled our needs."

Do you seriously expect him to say anything else?? I can not recall a time I ever heard an NHL Head coach say: "Our GM is a fucking moron, I have no idea why the fuck he picked up this locker room cancer."

disclaimer: I am not saying Carcillo is any of that.

Until this guy proves he has changed his spots, I still do not like this signing.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Well of course bubble, but he did identify what we were missing last year. We were missing that edge, spark, etc... whether or not Carcillo brings that remains to be seen -- but Q is right, we are better equipped this year than last year.

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:
Well of course bubble, but he did identify what we were missing last year. We were missing that edge, spark, etc... whether or not Carcillo brings that remains to be seen -- but Q is right, we are better equipped this year than last year.

I think the heartache I have with what he says is, IMO, that Carcillo himself is that missing piece. Don't buy it.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
I think the heartache I have with what he says is, IMO, that Carcillo himself is that missing piece. Don't buy it.

I think any negative judgement torwards Carcee should be dropped untill the ladder part of the season. You can not pass judgement on him from his playing times in Philly, thats just plain dumb. the Name bullys did not just arise the past two season. That has been the blueprint since the seventies and when a player is around that blue print you get that shit imbedded in your head. I think, and I believe he will be a smarter player with the core we have and the coaching staff he has. If he really was that kind of player he would have ended up in Vancouver.

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:
I think any negative judgement torwards Carcee should be dropped untill the ladder part of the season. You can not pass judgement on him from his playing times in Philly, thats just plain dumb. the Name bullys did not just arise the past two season. That has been the blueprint since the seventies and when a player is around that blue print you get that shit imbedded in your head. I think, and I believe he will be a smarter player with the core we have and the coaching staff he has. If he really was that kind of player he would have ended up in Vancouver.

I have not passed final judgement on anything yet acco. So making a judgement on his play at Philly is dumb? What else are we expected to make a judgement on? You realize that for the time being the only thing available to make a judgement from is his play at Philly and Phx, where he was known for not making smart decisions. I for one am old enough to remember the broad street bullies, and also smart enough to know that is ancient history as he personally has no ties to that era, so making that analogy was dumb.

I applaud you for being open minded about it, however, as I have stated time and time again, I think it is silly to believe that he will change his colors over night. I have no choice to accept the signing, and again, as I have stated we'll see how it turns out.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
I have not passed final judgement on anything yet acco. So making a judgement on his play at Philly is dumb? What else are we expected to make a judgement on? You realize that for the time being the only thing available to make a judgement from is his play at Philly and Phx, where he was known for not making smart decisions. I for one am old enough to remember the broad street bullies, and also smart enough to know that is ancient history as he personally has no ties to that era, so making that analogy was dumb.

I applaud you for being open minded about it, however, as I have stated time and time again, I think it is silly to believe that he will change his colors over night. I have no choice to accept the signing, and again, as I have stated we'll see how it turns out.

well your intitled to your opinion. And I accept that.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Kane excited about having Carcillo and other signings on the team. Hmmmm where have we heard that before? He says the toughness is what was lacking last year and he said he feels more protected with guys like Carcillo on the ice. But hey what does a star player know? Looks like a lot of the star players have already reached out to Carcillo... good to get some chemistry going before training camp even gets under way!

DROP THE PUCK!

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Toews and his teammates believe guys like Carcillo can provide that “personality.” Even big John Scott says he can delegate some duties.

“This offseason I haven’t focused on fighting because I don’t think I’ll be doing it. Or if I’m doing it, I won’t be doing it as much," he said. “I’ll let (Carcillo) go do his thing. He can mess things up. I’m excited for that. That’s what we didn’t have last year. No one started stuff, no one started scrums or got underneath other teams’ skins. I’m going to say ‘go for it. I’m going to be there to back you up.’”

/salivate

esbrechtel

Liked Posts:
I still really haven't commented. It could go both ways for me, I am going to fully wait till I see him play a few weeks or months before I decide if I like him or not. If he's able to curb some of the hack and keep the energy, then there is no reason to hate.

My feelings exactly...