Dan Carcillo

R K

LA is still in the running for Richards...and has yet to sign Doughty.

With Richards and Richards, where does that put Kopitar? RK, help us out.

I don't know. Not sure LA is in the Richards hunt anymore. Calgary seems to have pushed their way in there. Neither NYR or Calgary have chance in HELL of his winning the Cup there.

LA would but like you said they would then have to do some cap magic with doughty hanging.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Doughty isn't going anywhere he will eat up a huge chunk of the Kings remaining cap space. Would be shocked if he doesn't eat up at least 7 million of it.

that would roughly leave about 7 mill for them to fill at least 3 forward spots and 2 blueline spots.

Richards isn't going to L.A.

Kopitar isn't leaving either. He is their ticket player..the guy fans pay to see.

Cl thanks for clearing that up about New Jersy. I thought they were still in cap hell hangover from last year.

Funny you bring that up too with the Kings.... They're ON the floor at $48M LOL ...

With the potential $7M going Doughty's way... That makes it $55M.... And oh yeah, Kopitar is signed through 2016... soooo...

PLENTY of wiggle room for Brad Richards.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope... They're at $55M, so they're barely above the floor. Not sure if that's including Greene's contract or not.

They're at $55 mil including Greene's cap hit AND they still have $9 mil in space---plenty to re-sign Parise.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
@Darren Dreger

Iginla believed to be involved in Flames offer. Richards, Iginla and Tanguay. Flames travel schedule may be a negative.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hell, I think Stu has already filled 10 rags and is on to Shammys.

You are so right Biscuit. He's gotta be all about the
166f0yf.jpg
by now.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Darren Dreger

Iginla believed to be involved in Flames offer. Richards, Iginla and Tanguay. Flames travel schedule may be a negative.

Wow. . .if he's even considering that then he really doesn't care whether he goes to a contender or even future-looks-bright contender over the cash money huh?

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Funny you bring that up too with the Kings.... They're ON the floor at $48M LOL ... With the potential $7M going Doughty's way... That makes it $55M.... PLENTY of wiggle room for Brad Richards.

Depends if they want to hit the ceiling. Just because the cap has a ceiling not every team is going to spend to it nor do most want to. The actual real money has to come into play. A responsible team banks a little of the cap for unseen circumstances.

Kings might spend to the ceiling because they are a legit contender this year. But I have never seen them do so.

I think they need to focus on their blueline and their LW side personally now. They do need another top 6 forward but I am not sure if it is a center they need. Where do you slot B. Richards when you have Mike Richards and Kopitar as your top 2 centers and Stoll as your 3rd? Kings need a LW something bad. Not a center. they have Brown and Penner as their top 2 RWers but have a huge hole on that Left side.

makes no sense to me at all them being interested in Brad Richards.

As for New Jersey. That teams not going to the ceiling. It isn't making any money in New Jersey. They aren't a spending team.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Depends if they want to hit the ceiling. Just because the cap has a ceiling not every team is going to spend to it nor do most want to. The actual real money has to come into play. A responsible team banks a little of the cap for unseen circumstances.

Kings might spend to the ceiling because they are a legit contender this year. But I have never seen them do so.

I think they need to focus on their blueline and their LW side personally now. They do need another top 6 forward but I am not sure if it is a center they need. Where do you slot B. Richards when you have Mike Richards and Kopitar as your top 2 centers and Stoll as your 3rd? Kings need a LW something bad. Not a center. they have Brown and Penner as their top 2 RWers but have a huge hole on that Left side.

As for New Jersey. That teams not going to the ceiling. It isn't making any money in New Jersey. They aren't a spending team.

Last season...

Kings total payroll= $55.2 millon

Devils total payroll= $63.8 million(Included LTIR)

Devils won't do that again. And you're right about the Kings TCD- they won't pay to $64 million.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:

When you're competing with the Ducks for attention, and they've lacked it in SoCal over the years, they kinda want to get there in a big way... Richards would be the one to do it...

Otherwise they would not have sent a team TO Richards' agency that included their owners with AEG, Dean Lombardi, brought in a bag with Richards' name on it, AND sent in a video with Kobe and Wayne Gretzky showing them the good points about LA. They were ready for this and they seriously want him.

New Jersey I could agree with you on.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
This signing blows. The guy was like Eager at times - taking penalties at bad times and hurting his team. Plus, he's just a smaller version of John Scott out there. I don't like the direction here. I want skilled players - fuck the fighter crap.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
This signing blows. The guy was like Eager at times - taking penalties at bad times and hurting his team. Plus, he's just a smaller version of John Scott out there. I don't like the direction here. I want skilled players - fuck the fighter crap.

What do you consider a skilled 4th liner?

Just out of curiosity.

Better yet what meets your criteria of a skilled 4th line player. Probably easier to answer.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

God you're an idiot. 4th line skilled players? LMAO!

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
When you're competing with the Ducks for attention, and they've lacked it in SoCal over the years, they kinda want to get there in a big way... Richards would be the one to do it...

Otherwise they would not have sent a team TO Richards' agency that included their owners with AEG, Dean Lombardi, brought in a bag with Richards' name on it, AND sent in a video with Kobe and Wayne Gretzky showing them the good points about LA. They were ready for this and they seriously want him.

New Jersey I could agree with you on.

NO ONE IN SOUTH CAL KNOWS WHO BRAD RICHARDS IS!!!! lol

I am also not sure if the Kings org wakes up every morning thinking they have to compete with the Ducks for attention. Not to offend your relationship with the Ducks but they aren't exactly a team that has filled the building since they came on the scene even while winning.

If the Kings need to worry about attention of another California based team it's the one in San Jose they should be worried about.

As for on ice competition? Well LA fucks up if they throw Brad Richards into the mix and clog that center position unless they want to turn one of those fantastic natural centers they have into Left Wingers. It will be a giant fail because both Mike Richards and Kopitar are better centers than they are wingers...that's a fact. And Brad Richards can not play wing.

L.A. fucks up big time if they are going after Richards when they have 2 positions that still have holes in them. They need a #4 defenseman to round the blueline out (something they have needed for the last 2 years) and they need a top 6 LWer. They also need to get physical again having shipped off a few of their more physical forwards. Richards to me at least just does not fit anything the Kings need and I am amazed that they would be in the sweepstakes. They don't need to be.

It will be very sad if LA landed Brad Richards. A team with such big potential focusing on off ice P.R. instead of on ice need could set a legit cup contender right into the shitter. And as we have all seen first hand a cup winning team is the best P.R. you can get.

R K

Carcillo as much as he's hated, mostly for the team he played with, is almost IDENTICAL to ADAM BURISH. The differences are that Carcillo is slightly more talented, skates a little better, and definitely fights better. Burish added a TON to this team in the locker room, and gave them some GRIT on the ice.

Before we judge remember Burish did very similar things for his team, that Carcillo did with his.

I remember a game in Minnesota Burish punched Boogard in the face, while Boogard was on the bench, and in no way could defend himself. Fans cheered for it. It was cheap. These type of players bring that part of their game.

I'll give him a chance. Going to be hard, but I'll give him a chance.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From Behind the Net.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/

At even strength...

2010-2011 Season DANIELCARCILLO PHI LW: Penalties Taken 1.6/60 min TOI, Penalties Drawn 1.5 /60 min TOI

2009-2010 Season DANIELCARCILLO PHI LW Penalties Taken 1.2/60 min TOI, Penalties Drawn 3.0 /60 min TOI

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
This signing:

th_puking.jpg

Guys a complete asshat, I got a chubby when the Laviolette suited him up in the FInals because it meant a W..... Now we fucking have him.

These signings have not impressed me at all, Mayers and Brunnette have made me smirk, but I still see a black hole at 2nd line center. Hope what you heard is true RK.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
From Behind the Net.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/

At even strength...

2010-2011 Season DANIELCARCILLO PHI LW: Penalties Taken 1.6/60 min TOI, Penalties Drawn 1.5 /60 min TOI

2009-2010 Season DANIELCARCILLO PHI LW Penalties Taken 1.2/60 min TOI, Penalties Drawn 3.0 /60 min TOI

Let's hope he can get back to those 09/10 numbers. That's exactly what we need from Carcillo.