Dan Carcillo

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Carcillo as much as he's hated, mostly for the team he played with, is almost IDENTICAL to ADAM BURISH. The differences are that Carcillo is slightly more talented, skates a little better, and definitely fights better. Burish added a TON to this team in the locker room, and gave them some GRIT on the ice.

Before we judge remember Burish did very similar things for his team, that Carcillo did with his.

I remember a game in Minnesota Burish punched Boogard in the face, while Boogard was on the bench, and in no way could defend himself. Fans cheered for it. It was cheap. These type of players bring that part of their game.

I'll give him a chance. Going to be hard, but I'll give him a chance.

Also, in his first year the game Kevyn Adams got hurt for the year, me and Gene Honda had 5th row seats for the game. After the whistle his stick was between a BJ players legs and he whipped his stick up into the guys nuts, I never liked Burish on the ice again. Was glad to see him leave.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
What do you consider a skilled 4th liner?

Just out of curiosity.

Better yet what meets your criteria of a skilled 4th line player. Probably easier to answer.

I'd rather have Dowell than Carcillo. How's that for starters? At least Dowell can skate

R K

Carcillo is a very good skater. Better than quite a few guys on this team. Someone doesn't watch too many hockey players.

His "Skating" is not even in question. His "Decision Making" is.

Oi fucking VEY!!!

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
I'd rather have Dowell than Carcillo. How's that for starters? At least Dowell can skate

Dude I'm sorry, your an idiot. Carcillio CAN skate, he actually would be a decent player offensively if he ever even gave it a thought. His first year in PHX he had signs of being a very solid player.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carcillo as much as he's hated, mostly for the team he played with, is almost IDENTICAL to ADAM BURISH. The differences are that Carcillo is slightly more talented, skates a little better, and definitely fights better. Burish added a TON to this team in the locker room, and gave them some GRIT on the ice.

Before we judge remember Burish did very similar things for his team, that Carcillo did with his.

I remember a game in Minnesota Burish punched Boogard in the face, while Boogard was on the bench, and in no way could defend himself. Fans cheered for it. It was cheap. These type of players bring that part of their game.

I'll give him a chance. Going to be hard, but I'll give him a chance.

I remember the Calgary playoff series from 2009 when Rene Bourque ran Kane at every opportunity. It was the end of game 3 or 4 in Calgary when Burish put a well placed cross check at Bourque's upper body. He missed a game or at least Bourque was questionable for the next game. Message sent.

Tim

Liked Posts:
Another role signing, 4th line energy and nastiness with some skill set. Q will reign him in or his ice time will be minimal.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bingo! Someone got it!

Dowell > Carcillo

So because Carcillo is suspended for MOUTHING OFF TO AN OFFICIAL which every Canucks player should be as well, Dowell is better.

Your logic is beyond reach for us mere mortals it seems...

Ton

Liked Posts:
Didn't Carcillo score 30 goals in a season before? If Q can get the most out of him this could end up being a very good move. We'll see, high risk high reward for sure.

wetcoasthawk65

Liked Posts:
Carcillo is a great pickup. Sire he's a xementhead but the mothwrfucker is a good hp k

Carcillo is a great pick up. Suee he is a cememthead but the motherfucker can play hockey and has a decent set of hands. He is Eager x10. He will fight anybody and nobody will fuck with this team now. TCD Stu are right IMO.

R K

I remember the Calgary playoff series from 2009 when Rene Bourque ran Kane at every opportunity. It was the end of game 3 or 4 in Calgary when Burish put a well placed cross check at Bourque's upper body. He missed a game or at least Bourque was questionable for the next game. Message sent.

And they sorely missed that last year!!!! Big time. Mayers, Odonnell, Carcillo, Scott... Other teams Players will think twice.

Dowell was NOT a good skater. Was NOT a good fighter. And was just not a good NHL player. I loved him as a person, and talked to him quite a bit. Great guy, but not near enough for the 4th line of a Championship team.

I dislike Carcillo for what he does, not for his abilities. But Q will have something to do with that. Along with the LEADERS on this team. I think the fans will grow to like him. Least most of them. Some will never get over the FLYER on his jersey. And some are jsut to fucking dumb to know anything about the game.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Kefuffle has just added another course to teach

Logic 101

Stu will be taking this class.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
So because Carcillo is suspended for MOUTHING OFF TO AN OFFICIAL which every Canucks player should be as well, Dowell is better.

Your logic is beyond reach for us mere mortals it seems...

How about reading the full post for a change? As in 'anyone but Carcillo' would be better. I take Dowell any day over Carcillo. Carcillo is a lesser version of John Scott. Both guys will enjoy most of the season in the press box. Not sure why you're all celebrating this 'wonderful' signing.

R K

Didn't Carcillo score 30 goals in a season before? If Q can get the most out of him this could end up being a very good move. We'll see, high risk high reward for sure.

I agree. But with the pussified Hawks of last year, a risk I think you want and have to take. Specially at 775k.

R K

Kefuffle has just added another course to teach

Logic 101

Stu will be taking this class.

I sure hope these don't cost much. Since I know nothing about the economics in and around big business, I'm not sure I can figure out how much to pay.

Can you please make up a full schedule of courses. I need to prioritize.