Dan Carcillo

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
That's just it.

While RK sees him as a Burish type player with more skill (and I agree) I see him more as an Eager type player which this team has missed on the 4th line.

Blunt...our 4th line was horrible last year. and not just in comparison to what it was the year before (that was a perfect 4th line). It needed an upgrade and a shot of energy and passion which is what both Carcillo and Mayers bring to it. We are a little closer to the style of 4th line we had 2 years ago. Close.

Like many have said it's coaching and team leadership now to get him focused and it is also up to Carcilo just to become a little bit smarter and mature. Which I believe he will be. He knows he has another shot at a cup here with us. May be his last. And I also think Q does have a great way with players and he does make them accountable. We all may be a little iffy with Q sometimes but that is something I do believe he is strong at. Guys who have Carcillo before? Wayner? Give me a break one of the worst head coaches in NHL history too soft. Laviolette? Unstable himself. Q is a different breed of coach.

We wait and see but for the cap hit and the one year? It's def worth a gamble. And if he does end up sitting in the press box or on waivers? Who cares. It's not as if we sold the farm for the guy.

Thats what I love about Carcillo. We don't know what to expect out of him. He might even surprise a few of you. I trust that with Q and Toews leading the way, Carcillo should be put in his place.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least you could be mathmatical and come up with a percentage.

Although I'm not sure what 133 is out of 164.. Does that include playoffs? Some games that type of player is not needed. Didn't Burish sit most of the SC Finals out?

...and does it take injuries into account. Inquiring minds want to know, Stu (put down the shammy).

R K

Imagine Carcillo on the Top line with Toews-Kane?

I'm guessing other top lines might not like that too much.

Oh the possibilities. He can certainly skate with both JT and Kaner. Any day of the week.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
Imagine Carcillo on the Top line with Toews-Kane?

I'm guessing other top lines might not like that too much.

Oh the possibilities. He can certainly skate with both JT and Kaner. Any day of the week.

Would that be a real possibility? I could see how instant on-ice insurance for Toews and Kane would be useful but I don't know if I'd just want to keep him on the 4th line with the bruisers.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carcillo will probably be, (bickell?), the worst whistler on the team.

EDIT: How could I forget Keith.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Yea both suited up in the locker room.

Yea both suited up in the locker room.

jimmy-2-times_04_1194896505.jpg

I'm gonna get the papers, get the papers.

In order to stay on topic, Carcillo is an upgrade for Dowell. As a person, no, as a player and irritant...absolutely.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:

In order to stay on topic, Carcillo is an upgrade for Dowell. As a person, no, as a player and irritant...absolutely.

I think Carcillo would be able to take care of that thing for you.

R K

Would that be a real possibility? I could see how instant on-ice insurance for Toews and Kane would be useful but I don't know if I'd just want to keep him on the 4th line with the bruisers.

Not as the norm. He's a 4th liner. But there are times no doubt Q will put him up there. He has wheels too.

The Redwings are not going to like playing the Hawks this year. Teams without a lot of punch arent. You know, how the Hawks hated playing the Blues last year and in the past two years they've played us tuff. They had the edge in physical players.

This brings a whole new aspect to the team. Even more so than the Cup run. They have Talent and Brusing. Good D and Good Offense. With good goal tending.

Even if they don't make another move and just resign Frolik and Campoli.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:

Hahaha thank you for quoting Jimmy Two Times, I just pissed myself laughing.

R K

This obviously is a McPimp signing.

Honestly I doubt it. I think it's a Q signing. He was pissed how the Hawks lacked back bone I think.

Not enough money for McDonough. 775k. And not his "splashy type" player. IE Huet, Soriano, Fuckyoudome, ect,....

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As much as some folks here are pissed off by this signing, opposing players are gonna be even more pissed off - and off their game - playing against Carcillo.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The other thing is that Carcillo, Mayers, Scott, Odonnell will be able to get the crowd going when we need it, and the team needs a pick-me-up. That was lacking last year.

I can see the crowd going fuckin' nuts after a great hit, fight, etc., by one of these guys.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly I doubt it. I think it's a Q signing. He was pissed how the Hawks lacked back bone I think.

Not enough money for McDonough. 775k. And not his "splashy type" player. IE Huet, Soriano, Fuckyoudome, ect,....

Sarcasm, my friend.

As far as the splash-if the reaction here is any indication, he's made one!

R K

The other thing is that Carcillo, Mayers, Scott, Odonnell will be able to get the crowd going when we need it, and the team needs a pick-me-up. That was lacking last year.

I can see the crowd going fuckin' nuts after a great hit, fight, etc., by one of these guys.

We were man handled far too many times last year. Partially because the core was burnt out, but also because they didn't have that skill set.

And yes, it's a skill set.