Dan Carcillo

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
The other thing is that Carcillo, Mayers, Scott, Odonnell will be able to get the crowd going when we need it, and the team needs a pick-me-up. That was lacking last year.

I can see the crowd going fuckin' nuts after a great hit, fight, etc., by one of these guys.

This. It'll be like the late 80's early 90's, except with more talent and about 1200 less penalty minutes.

R K

Sarcasm, my friend.

As far as the splash-if the reaction here is any indication, he's made one!

If no moves were made other than signing Campoli and Frolik this looks like a very good team on paper now. Go look at the line up I made in the July 1st thread.

I don't like or never have liked Carcillo much but that type of player does make an impact and you know it.

He's a Hawk now so I'll give him a chance. We've watched the worst (karpotsev) of all time as far as player, locker room guy. Too many leaders on this team to let Carcillo or ANY other player fuck off bad.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This. It'll be like the late 80's early 90's, except with more talent and about 1200 less penalty minutes.

Teams are not going to want to play us. And if they try and hurt our core, we'll hurt them more.

R K

Not around here. I got an email from the powers that be for doing just that.

Can't ban all the "real" people or no one will be left.
<

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If no moves were made other than signing Campoli and Frolik this looks like a very good team on paper now. Go look at the line up I made in the July 1st thread.

I don't like or never have liked Carcillo much but that type of player does make an impact and you know it.

He's a Hawk now so I'll give him a chance. We've watched the worst (karpotsev) of all time as far as player, locker room guy. Too many leaders on this team to let Carcillo or ANY other player fuck off bad.

Agreed on all counts. I don't like his past, but he is a Hawk, so I'll give him a chance.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Free-Agent Signings Make Hawks Feistier.

"In other words, he's now got plenty of protection for the deep collection of skill players that make up Chicago's top two lines and defense pairs – such as captain Jonathan Toews and fellow stars Patrick Kane, Patrick Sharp and Marian Hossa."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=568273&navid=mod-rr-headlines

FlyChicaga

Liked Posts:
There are players I hate, because of who they are. There are players I hate because of who they play for. Carcillo is one of those guys who falls into the latter category, for now. We'll see if he can reign in his game here in Chicago.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We were man handled far too many times last year. Partially because the core was burnt out, but also because they didn't have that skill set.

And yes, it's a skill set.

"There's going to be nights when, for whatever reason, things aren't clicking up top or you fall behind early in the game or it's not working that night," Bowman said. "You need to get that energy in there. We didn't have that element last year and we certainly wanted to recapture that. I like the mix of our guys right now."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=568273&navid=mod-rr-headlines

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Here is my .02 cents:

Carcillo is a guy who if he tones it down a bit, could be a 200PIM and 20 goals type of guy. The fact that many people on these boards and all over Chicago claim they hate him, means he was doing his job and obviously doing it well.

Sure, he's a pest/agitator/jagoff on the ice, but that's his job and he's very good at it. Does he take excessive penalties? Yeah, so did Burish and Eager. But the difference is Carcillo actually has some talent. He's not going to be the next Keith Tkachuk or Kevin Stevens, but he can play on the 3rd line. Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing him with Kane and Toews. You tell me one guy who would want to take a run at our two superstars with DC on the ice?

I like the signing and honestly think it was a good one. If people want to complain about this signing then have at it. I hope to never see any of you post about a great hit/fight/shift as he wasn't worth the money...

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is my .02 cents:

Carcillo is a guy who if he tones it down a bit, could be a 200PIM and 20 goals type of guy. The fact that many people on these boards and all over Chicago claim they hate him, means he was doing his job and obviously doing it well.

Sure, he's a pest/agitator/jagoff on the ice, but that's his job and he's very good at it. Does he take excessive penalties? Yeah, so did Burish and Eager. But the difference is Carcillo actually has some talent. He's not going to be the next Keith Tkachuk or Kevin Stevens, but he can play on the 3rd line. Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing him with Kane and Toews. You tell me one guy who would want to take a run at our two superstars with DC on the ice?

I like the signing and honestly think it was a good one. If people want to complain about this signing then have at it. I hope to never see any of you post about a great hit/fight/shift as he wasn't worth the money...

Said same about Scott last year... this time, Carcillo is actually a good hockey player. GREAT SIGNING... and the nimrods who are against him will surely change the first time he punks out a Canuck or Blues player.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Said same about Scott last year... this time, Carcillo is actually a good hockey player. GREAT SIGNING... and the nimrods who are against him will surely change the first time he punks out a Canuck or Blues player.

The Bloody Face Line. Very funny, Stu. You should be in charge of the Hawks' PR dept.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hated Probert before he was a Blackhawk. I'll give Stan the benifit of the doubt and reserve judgement until Carcillo plays.

We'll definately have a real pest/energy/checking line this season.

So far I have no complaints with Stan's moves.

Now if he can turn Frolik, Campoli and Stalberg into a 2nd line center I'll be impressed.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Well I didn't know about this signing until late 10 pm and was shocked! I was also very happy because the first thing that came to my mind was...Burrish, Big Ben all in one. After ready every post in here, for all the haters get over it. He is another player when I was saying if we were to get Beiksa you would love it, you guys were saying bullshit! or no way, I would hate him here too. So what is the difference here with Carcillo. Most of you have already been jagging off on this signing. I love this move because it brings an element to the hawks that has been missing since our cup year and thats grit and to say maybe a better crew of players that are punishing thwen the cup year! Most of you all hit it on the nail on some of your comments, Stu, RK and others. And I agree and I bet you all that you will be soooo happy we got this guy. he will make you cheer your ass off and laugh too.

Now lets see if RK ot whom ever knows something is right GO HAWKS!