Dan Carcillo

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He also averages about 1 point ever 4 games and 1 goal every 8 games (36g, 37a in 282 games). Not bad at all for the role he fills.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
He also averages about 1 point ever 4 games and 1 goal every 8 games (36g, 37a in 282 games). Not bad at all for the role he fills.

Hell, he was playing with the Yotes (sorry E.) and was mop up duty on the Flyers. Not that he's going to get significant playing time but he can play a regular shift if he wanted too.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
How about reading the full post for a change? As in 'anyone but Carcillo' would be better. I take Dowell any day over Carcillo. Carcillo is a lesser version of John Scott. Both guys will enjoy most of the season in the press box. Not sure why you're all celebrating this 'wonderful' signing.

I usually don't respond to any of your comments. This one I will;

Before you throw us your verbal diarrhea, have you ever watched Carcillo play? Did you know who he was before the signing? Both rhetorical questions as from viewing your previous DC posts. The only thing you could possibly compare Scott and Carcillo to is their tough guy mentality. Unlike Scott, Carcillo can skate (which you seem not to have known), stickhandle, has some offensive ability, and can play a regular shift.

The reason some of us are celebrating is because DC is a great energy/pest type player. Does he take dumb penalties? Yeah, but so did Eager and Burish. Carcillo is a no nonsense type of player, and is a great team player. The fact that all of your posts about him are incredibly inaccurate only solidifies the reason why I don't respond to your posts or read them 99% of the time.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I usually don't respond to any of your comments. This one I will;

Before you throw us your verbal diarrhea, have you ever watched Carcillo play? Did you know who he was before the signing? Both rhetorical questions as from viewing your previous DC posts. The only thing you could possibly compare Scott and Carcillo to is their tough guy mentality. Unlike Scott, Carcillo can skate (which you seem not to have known), stickhandle, has some offensive ability, and can play a regular shift.

The reason some of us are celebrating is because DC is a great energy/pest type player. Does he take dumb penalties? Yeah, but so did Eager and Burish. Carcillo is a no nonsense type of player, and is a great team player. The fact that all of your posts about him are incredibly inaccurate only solidifies the reason why I don't respond to your posts or read them 99% of the time.

Once again... someone who knows the game speaks the truth... wish all the amateurs would calm down.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hell, he was playing with the Yotes (sorry E.) and was mop up duty on the Flyers. Not that he's going to get significant playing time but he can play a regular shift if he wanted too.

Not sure if you arguing with me or just saying he could score more in a different scenario. Regardless, I consider 1 point every 4 games and 1 goal every 8 games to be a bonus for the role he'll fill with the Hawks, not a detriment.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Everyone needs to listen

Kerfuffle knew the Hawks season was done 16gms in.

He has honed his skills to now he can say how a player will/won't fit on the roster - without ever watching him play.

Soooo everyone, STFU and listen to the professor.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't Carcillo score 30 goals in a season before? If Q can get the most out of him this could end up being a very good move. We'll see, high risk high reward for sure.

Carcillo's stats:

Screenshot2011-07-02at22436AM.png

These are just numbers.

Doesn't reflect his play or his ability to skate.

He will fly with this team.

Carcillo > Burish or Dowell

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
One year deals for Carcillo, Mayers, O'Donnell, and Brunette. At least $2 + million in cap space for in season deals/trades even if Frolik, Stalberg, and Campoli are all signed-however unlikely that may be.

I've never been a big Bowman fan, but even a "dick" can change. Dare I say- All Hail Stan!

Junior has done the following:

1) Addressed the need for some "jam" on the Hawks roster.

2) Shoe horned the RFA's(Campoli, Stalberg, Frolik) in accepting his offers.

3) Has cap space and assets to trade in the off season.

4) Has cap space to accomodate trades in season.

5) Left plenty of tagging room to sign Sharp.

6) With one year deals has left spots open for prospect to move to the roster in 2012-13.

7) With one year deals has bullet proofed the Hawks against cap rollbacks in the event the new CBA calls for it.

Spot. Fucking. On. Couldn't agree more. Stan has done an awesome job with the team this offseason.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Once again... someone who knows the game speaks the truth... wish all the amateurs would calm down.

I'm right on board with TJD, but what he described was Carcillo from 3 years ago. Come time must win the guy haunted the Flyers. Shit, 3 years ago when he was with the Yotes I saw him as being a top role player in the league in a couple years, guy can certainly skate, score, HIT, fight, but then all of the sudden when he went to Broadstreet his priorities changed. If he plays without the asinine personal vendetta penalties and plays with the skills he is best at he could be the biggest steal of the off-season. But right now we are a long way from that.

Still at the price I don't mind. I just mind the lack of a center in our lineup.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shit, 3 years ago when he was with the Yotes I saw him as being a top role player in the league in a couple years, guy can certainly skate, score, HIT, fight, but then all of the sudden when he went to Broadstreet his priorities changed.

Not really.

In 2007-08 he scored 13 goals with the Yotes, in 2008-09 he scored 3 with the Yotes, in 2009-10, the year the Flyers went to the Cup he scored 12*, last seaon he was back down to 4. Seems like more of a roller coaster than a decline.

* By comparison, Eager only scored 7 in 2009-10.

CaveMan

Liked Posts:
I have seen Carcillo play in the AHL and continued to follow him throughout the NHL. I never really liked him all because he played tough and always whooped up on our players. On top of that he could throw the puck in the net. I am excited about this signing. He works hard and will do the dirty work. We needed some guys will to do that. I love our 4th line right now.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Careful. You can't be saying stuff like that around here.

Nah - I figure what the heck - one can only take crap for so long. Unfortunately I can see where this board is suffering. While there may be 300 registered posters, there are really only about 10-15 that really post here and all of them are close friends and drinking buddies. So what you get is one line of thinking and anything that differs from that is attacked. So I've taken a different approach these days. I wont' start the personal attacks but I will respond to them.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dumb and ignorant opinions get called for what they are. And you Fluffy, have them in spades.

tvltre

Liked Posts:
Ok...first reaction to the news when I saw this on the NHL Network last night was that this was the worse thing in the world. Personally I hate the guy for his cheap shit.

After sleeping on it and reading these boards...I have a much better attitude due to the fact that I to couldn't stand Probie when he was with the Wangs. He became one of my favorite all time hawks when he was here.

Now, we look at Carcillo. He is an aggitator, he is very aggressive, takes dumb penalties...but he does his job VERY WELL.

I will give him the rope to hang himself with, but will not pass judgement until he spends time in the Indianhead...if it was Torres...oh that would be tough! So, it could be worse.

As for Dan and his absent minded plays...if he does anything like this to Toews, Kane, Hossa, or Sharpie....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQc1_V3M4G4&feature=related[/media]

Then all bets are off.

See if Q can really make this kid play the system the Hawks are setting up as a team.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ok...first reaction to the news when I saw this on the NHL Network last night was that this was the worse thing in the world. Personally I hate the guy for his cheap shit.

After sleeping on it and reading these boards...I have a much better attitude due to the fact that I to couldn't stand Probie when he was with the Wangs. He became one of my favorite all time hawks when he was here.

Now, we look at Carcillo. He is an aggitator, he is very aggressive, takes dumb penalties...but he does his job VERY WELL.

I will give him the rope to hang himself with, but will not pass judgement until he spends time in the Indianhead...if it was Torres...oh that would be tough! So, it could be worse.

As for Dan and his absent minded plays...if he does anything like this to Toews, Kane, Hossa, or Sharpie....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQc1_V3M4G4&feature=related[/media]

Then all bets are off.

See if Q can really make this kid play the system the Hawks are setting up as a team.

Agree with Tony.

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:
Here are the points I will not argue, for the TYPE of player, for the basic skills he has (he can skate and does have decent hands)and for the money, a very smart signing.

The actual player however, his inability to make smart decisions when he needs to; or better yet his proven track record of making the absolute wrong decision at THE wrong time, this was not a good signing.

Will I live with it? Do I really have a choice? But I can not, nor will I celebrate this signing. Lets throw a cliche out there, or at least my version of it, you cant change the color of a leapords spots, Q wont be able to take the stupid out of Carcillo.

Stu, throwing in the videos is nice, but you can find a "highlite" video for every player out there....

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2EF013A3AE7E351A3FD9515F87FC84.jpg

I immediately thought of the day the Bulls signed Rodman when I heard this.

R K

Nah - I figure what the heck - one can only take crap for so long. Unfortunately I can see where this board is suffering. While there may be 300 registered posters, there are really only about 10-15 that really post here and all of them are close friends and drinking buddies. So what you get is one line of thinking and anything that differs from that is attacked. So I've taken a different approach these days. I wont' start the personal attacks but I will respond to them.

First off I know Klem peronally and nothing you type he was agreeing with, rather he was making a point of something else. Trust me.

Second, so far all youve done since returning is well, yes make an ASS out of yourself as usual.

Third, bringing your idiocy back was more a point of livening up the board, which will be a mistake and will ulitmately get you right back where you were. Gone.

Fourth there are about 83 active posters here. IE daily basis folks. Not even a 3rd of those know each other outside the boards. Again talking out of your ass with having no fucking facts. As per the fucking norm with you.

So respond to all those in this thread and board that have called you out. Please. We can go count them if you like because it's clearly the Majority!

You are the 2.5% NO FUCKING QUESTION!