Dan Carcillo

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Carcillo is a great pickup. Sire he's a xementhead but the mothwrfucker is a good hp k

Carcillo is a great pick up. Suee he is a cememthead but the motherfucker can play hockey and has a decent set of hands. He is Eager x10. He will fight anybody and nobody will fuck with this team now. TCD Stu are right IMO.

Yeah but how intimidating is he going to be when he and Scott are sitting in the press box a bunch of games throughout the season? The old 'goon' strategy was part of the old NHL. We won the cup with speed and skill, and never had a true enforcer on that team - although Eager was closest. Now suddenly we need to ramp up with a bunch of these guys? I don't agree with that at all.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Easy to hate when he is on the other team.

...and he'll be easy to like as a Hawk as he drives players on other teams nuts.
<

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah but how intimidating is he going to be when he and Scott are sitting in the press box a bunch of games throughout the season? The old 'goon' strategy was part of the old NHL. We won the cup with speed and skill, and never had a true enforcer on that team - although Eager was closest. Now suddenly we need to ramp up with a bunch of these guys? I don't agree with that at all.

Another brilliant post by this board's best user.

I guess someone who averages 11:57 ice time per game on his career on the 4th line is going to be in the press box all the time.

Good lord... brilliant idea to bring back the hockey genius. Can't wait to sign up for all of his courses.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Has anyone ever seen Kerfuffle and HF50 in a room/space at the same time?

R K

Another brilliant post by this board's best user.

I guess someone who averages 11:57 ice time per game on his career on the 4th line is going to be in the press box all the time.

Good lord... brilliant idea to bring back the hockey genius. Can't wait to sign up for all of his courses.

I'm just so glad I'm not the only one. Was a great idea I agree. I couldn't pay for comedy like this. I don't think they have a dumb fuck night at Zany's. Hell maybe they do, but our Zany's closed.

hey we can all take the courses together!!

R K

I don't know but Carcillo has played 133 games in the past two years... he must be in the pressbox a lot.

At least you could be mathmatical and come up with a percentage.

Although I'm not sure what 133 is out of 164.. Does that include playoffs? Some games that type of player is not needed. Didn't Burish sit most of the SC Finals out?

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:

Although I'm not sure what 133 is out of 164.. Does that include playoffs? Some games that type of player is not needed. Didn't Burish sit most of the SC Finals out?

Yes Burish played one game I believe.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't know man... I just bought Kerfuffle 123 - "An Idiot's Guide to Mathematics" but I haven't mastered it yet. I wouldn't want to disappoint the professor!

R K

I don't know man... I just bought Kerfuffle 123 - "An Idiot's Guide to Mathematics" but I haven't mastered it yet. I wouldn't want to disappoint the professor!

123? holy fuck. Dude that class would for sure be a 400 LEVEL. Right next to most other Graduate Courses.

These are far above General Education.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:

That's just it.

While RK sees him as a Burish type player with more skill (and I agree) I see him more as an Eager type player which this team has missed on the 4th line.

Blunt...our 4th line was horrible last year. and not just in comparison to what it was the year before (that was a perfect 4th line). It needed an upgrade and a shot of energy and passion which is what both Carcillo and Mayers bring to it. We are a little closer to the style of 4th line we had 2 years ago. Close.

Like many have said it's coaching and team leadership now to get him focused and it is also up to Carcilo just to become a little bit smarter and mature. Which I believe he will be. He knows he has another shot at a cup here with us. May be his last. And I also think Q does have a great way with players and he does make them accountable. We all may be a little iffy with Q sometimes but that is something I do believe he is strong at. Guys who have Carcillo before? Wayner? Give me a break one of the worst head coaches in NHL history too soft. Laviolette? Unstable himself. Q is a different breed of coach.

We wait and see but for the cap hit and the one year? It's def worth a gamble. And if he does end up sitting in the press box or on waivers? Who cares. It's not as if we sold the farm for the guy.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
NO ONE IN SOUTH CAL KNOWS WHO BRAD RICHARDS IS!!!! lol

I am also not sure if the Kings org wakes up every morning thinking they have to compete with the Ducks for attention. Not to offend your relationship with the Ducks but they aren't exactly a team that has filled the building since they came on the scene even while winning.

If the Kings need to worry about attention of another California based team it's the one in San Jose they should be worried about.

As for on ice competition? Well LA fucks up if they throw Brad Richards into the mix and clog that center position unless they want to turn one of those fantastic natural centers they have into Left Wingers. It will be a giant fail because both Mike Richards and Kopitar are better centers than they are wingers...that's a fact. And Brad Richards can not play wing.

L.A. fucks up big time if they are going after Richards when they have 2 positions that still have holes in them. They need a #4 defenseman to round the blueline out (something they have needed for the last 2 years) and they need a top 6 LWer. They also need to get physical again having shipped off a few of their more physical forwards. Richards to me at least just does not fit anything the Kings need and I am amazed that they would be in the sweepstakes. They don't need to be.

It will be very sad if LA landed Brad Richards. A team with such big potential focusing on off ice P.R. instead of on ice need could set a legit cup contender right into the shitter. And as we have all seen first hand a cup winning team is the best P.R. you can get.

I know what you're saying. Heck, I can't even defend them DURING the Cup run in 07. Only 40,000 showed up to the parade for pete sakes.

Fact of the matter is, I know what the hell is going on here. The Kings hardly have a fan base in their own territory as it is. The Ducks have it for now. If Richards is signed, that may change, and that's only because again, that "he's going to bring us a Cup" mentality will rear its ugly head again... Its a West Coast thing.

I know that signing Richards makes no damn sense for the Kings. I see it more as a PR stunt to make money, nothing more.

R K

Yea I guess you could compare him a little to Eager. Eager was like Burish but more skilled, better skater, and fought better. Burish was not a good figher. Carcillo is better than both Burish and Eager.

Tell you one thing no one is going to be running ANY Hawks next year or they my wind up in the Emergency room.

Mayers, Carcillo, O'donell, Scott... All know how to not only fight, but fight and win doing severe damage.

We were a team of pussies last year.

I'm EXCITED even if there are no more moves. We can win on talent and when other teams out hit, cheap shot us (vancouver games 1-3) we can give it right back, and MORE!

Odds of winning the Cup when down today without a doubt.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
That's just it.

While RK sees him as a Burish type player with more skill (and I agree) I see him more as an Eager type player which this team has missed on the 4th line.

Blunt...our 4th line was horrible last year. and not just in comparison to what it was the year before (that was a perfect 4th line). It needed an upgrade and a shot of energy and passion which is what both Carcillo and Mayers bring to it. We are a little closer to the style of 4th line we had 2 years ago. Close.

Like many have said it's coaching and team leadership now to get him focused and it is also up to Carcilo just to become a little bit smarter and mature. Which I believe he will be. He knows he has another shot at a cup here with us. May be his last. And I also think Q does have a great way with players and he does make them accountable. We all may be a little iffy with Q sometimes but that is something I do believe he is strong at. Guys who have Carcillo before? Wayner? Give me a break one of the worst head coaches in NHL history too soft. Laviolette? Unstable himself. Q is a different breed of coach.

We wait and see but for the cap hit and the one year? It's def worth a gamble. And if he does end up sitting in the press box or on waivers? Who cares. It's not as if we sold the farm for the guy.

Fair enough. I hope this works out. And yes I'll agree that our 4th line blew last year.