Dave Bolland's Injury

sth

Liked Posts:
Do you have a clip of the hit Stu? I was at grad school so I missed the game. I'm the biggest Bolland fan there is so I'm glad Kubina got suspended. Hopefully Dave's concussion isn't bad that is what I assume he has.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pyrrhic victory on that. The fucking zebras should have called it or Scott should have Turnbuckled Kubina like Chara did.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pyrrhic victory on that. The fucking zebras should have called it or Scott should have Turnbuckled Kubina like Chara did.

I'm hoping for the Montreal authorities to investigate all violent hits now.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Bad hit, worse no call, not sure how I feel about these suspensions. I mean it seems like they are getting to be more and more frequent, which to me is say they aren't doing shit to cut down on this type of shit. Something bigger and more drastic needs to be done.

Also, I assume these are unpaid suspension days?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bad hit, worse no call, not sure how I feel about these suspensions. I mean it seems like they are getting to be more and more frequent, which to me is say they aren't doing shit to cut down on this type of shit. Something bigger and more drastic needs to be done.

I was under the impression that all suspension days are unpaid if it's for disciplinary reasons.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I was under the impression that all suspension days are unpaid if it's for disciplinary reasons.

I am hoping so as well. Not much of a deterrent, especially if the player is on a non-playoff team, to knock off the cheap stuff if they get paid vacations for it.

really wish someone would do a story about what types of things the team and other players do as a result to some of this BS. Player like Cooke who do it constantly have to have some sort of internal consequences?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

ORONTOTampa Bay Lightning defenseman Pavel Kubina has been suspended for three games and will forfeit $60,096.76 for delivering an elbow to the head of Chicago Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland in NHL game #1005, the National Hockey League announced today.

The incident occurred at 2:09 of the first period. No penalty was assessed on the play.

His fine is based on his average annual salary and is calculated under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

Kubina will miss the Lightning's next three games -- Mar. 11 against Ottawa, Mar. 12 at Florida and Mar. 14 at Toronto. He is eligible to return Mar. 17 at Montreal.

R K

The Money goes to the NHLPA fund I believe.

I'd like the NHL to let us know what Tim Peel and Mark Jovanet were fined for fucking up the call? How does the TWO REF system miss shit like this. We all saw it in the chat. Although our "awesome" announcers didn't bring it up until the 3rd.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
ORONTOTampa Bay Lightning defenseman Pavel Kubina has been suspended for three games and will forfeit $60,096.76 for delivering an elbow to the head of Chicago Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland in NHL game #1005, the National Hockey League announced today.

The incident occurred at 2:09 of the first period. No penalty was assessed on the play.

His fine is based on his average annual salary and is calculated under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

Kubina will miss the Lightning's next three games -- Mar. 11 against Ottawa, Mar. 12 at Florida and Mar. 14 at Toronto. He is eligible to return Mar. 17 at Montreal.

Nice... amazing he makes 20k a game, but glad he's going to have to give up enough to pay his heating bill for a day or two.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Money goes to the NHLPA fund I believe.

I'd like the NHL to let us know what Tim Peel and Mark Jovanet were fined for fucking up the call? How does the TWO REF system miss shit like this. We all saw it in the chat. Although our "awesome" announcers didn't bring it up until the 3rd.

That is one thing I think Hockey--and all sports for that matter need: transparency in officiating matters. Most people don't care but I for one would like to know how often official are being evaluated, reviewd, and promotion/demotion happens for great/poor officiating.

But if that was the case I know Colon Campbell would have to hide his Magic 8-ball, Ouija board, and the suspension flowchart.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
Nothing here...move along...

bierboy

Liked Posts:
[media]http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=102203[/media]

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
For some reason the NHL vids don't embed on this board with the media tag.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
...and why can't we delete one of our own posts?