Dennis Rodman

Troy23

Liked Posts:
Apologies if this topic has been raised before

Even though Dennis only played 3 years in Chicago, I personally feel his #91 jersey should be hanging from the rafters of the United Center. It may of only been 3 years, but what a 3 years it was! That guy added so much to that team of 96-98, a major reason as to why we had the second 3 peat.

Thoughts?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i don't see why not

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Definitely. He's one of my all-time favorite players in Chicago, across all sports.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope. He just didn't play in Chicago long enough. And he wasn't even playing at an All-Star level. Especially towards the end of the 1997-98 season and playoff run when he was pretty inconsistent.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Nope. He just didn't play in Chicago long enough. And he wasn't even playing at an All-Star level. Especially towards the end of the 1997-98 season and playoff run when he was pretty inconsistent.

lol he won the rebounding title during the 97-98 season, his 7th straight.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rodman was a beast on the boards even in the twilight of his career for sure, but 3 seasons just isn't enough to retire someone's number.

Troy23

Liked Posts:
I understand why people say 3 years just isn't long enough to retire his number, but look at the impact he had with our team for those 3 years.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
His number shouldn't be retired based on those three years. I watched damn near every game during that time. Yes he was a pivotal part of the team's success. But over that three year span...he could be just as much of a detriment as he was an asset. It got to a point that Rodman stopped playing defense and seemed not to give a damn.

I remember going to playoff games in 1997 and 1998...at various times during timeouts...seeing Rodman walking up to Phil Jackson and begging in the game because Phil wouldn't play him for disciplinary reasons. The people loved Rodman, he was the clown prince while he was here. But no, his number shouldn't be retired in my opinion.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
His number shouldn't be retired based on those three years. I watched damn near every game during that time. Yes he was a pivotal part of the team's success. But over that three year span...he could be just as much of a detriment as he was an asset. It got to a point that Rodman stopped playing defense and seemed not to give a damn.

I remember going to playoff games in 1997 and 1998...at various times during timeouts...seeing Rodman walking up to Phil Jackson and begging in the game because Phil wouldn't play him for disciplinary reasons. The people loved Rodman, he was the clown prince while he was here. But no, his number shouldn't be retired in my opinion.

Bulls don't 3peat without Rodman.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We should retire #10, #24, #54, #21, #5, #32, #42, #91, #7, #53

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only players whose number I can see being retired in the near future are Van Lier, Gilmore and Hinrich.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i hope they don't retire Hinrich. no all-star nods, no first teams, only 1 2nd all-defense, didn't bring much success in the playoffs (only 3 first round wins in 10 seasons) and really only gave us 4 good years. the rest were "when are we gonna get rid of this guy" type years....i don't think he deserves a retire just because hes been here a long time

give him a position in the front office and be done

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I always wonder how Krause would have moved forward if the Rodman opportunity didn't come up. I have a paper speculating that the Bulls were going to go after Mutumbo after he became a FA in what, 96? That's an interesting outcome as well. Probably piss off Pippen even more since it would delay that payday. I don't wonder about that as much as I still wonder about the 89 draft.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I always wonder how Krause would have moved forward if the Rodman opportunity didn't come up. I have a paper speculating that the Bulls were going to go after Mutumbo after he became a FA in what, 96? That's an interesting outcome as well. Probably piss off Pippen even more since it would delay that payday. I don't wonder about that as much as I still wonder about the 89 draft.
Stacey King and 1994 NBA All-Star BJ Armstrong ALL DAY!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Stacey King and 1994 NBA All-Star BJ Armstrong ALL DAY!

I wanted Mookie, and let's say we have some magical video game like over-ride. I'm really curious about Vlade and the chemistry that Bulls team would have. Mookie, Jordan, Pippen, Grant, Vlade.