Did Mitch improve from Game 1 to Game 2?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
12-of-14 for 88 yards and 1 TD in the 2nd half. Much better after having 2 INTs. And after having a couple of early happy feet/anxious overthrows. Nagy called a better game. Still want more Jordan Howard.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Are you boiling the answer down to 1 play? I think you're boiling the answer down to 1 play.

Umm no I already pointed out his other errant passes to guys that were wide open. Did you watch the game?

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Umm no I already pointed out his other errant passes to guys that were wide open. Did you watch the game?

Yes I did. I thought Trubisky was right down the middle ok. Not good, not bad, similar struggles in a lot of ways (though he improved on a couple of them). He was much better in the 2nd half than the first half. It's just another performance to build on.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
That is all that needs to happen. Continued progression.

The interceptions did not bother me. The sideline one happens to every QB and Robinson needs to be more involved in the play and the tipped pass is just shit luck.

The Gabriel miss and the throw into the endzone concerned me the most. They were bad. It is crazy to think about if Miller catches the TD pass Mitch throws the play before the almost interception how different we would feel about the game.

Am I remembering correctly that the camera angle was terrible on that play? I kept waiting for a replay because it seemed like he should of caught it but it never came.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
That is unrealistic.

Very few QBs overcome critical mistakes made around them. It is why there are no undefeated QBs.

17 points won the game. 17 points would have won 4 games yesterday.
Seventeen points would not have won that game, seeing as Seattle also scored seventeen. I saw some improvement, except again, on a critical drive after Seattle cuts the lead and puts the pressure on trubisky, he makes a horribly inaccurate throw on first down to robinson, then bails way too early on a 3rd and ten because of the blitz. Three and out. If Prince doesn't get the pick six, there's a good chance we're looking at a repeat of the Packers game.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Yes.

I saw improvised, successful plays from Mitch in Game 2 that we didn’t see in Game 1.

He threw for 2 touchdowns.

Unlike in Game 1, this time, when the Bears ABSOLUTELY needed another score to keep Seattle at bay, he led his team down the field and got a touchdown on a pretty pass going the opposite of his natural rollout direction.

He was one unlucky tipped pass away from a 95+ QB rating.

Doesn’t mean he doesn’t still have a bunch to work on. But he was better last night than against the Packers. The proof is in the pudding.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought we saw an improvement there.

He came out in the 2nd half was efficient and played well after a rough start.

I heard on the radio this morning that in the second half, his pass's averaged less than 3 yards in the air. That's not improvement, that is Mitch being managed better by Nagy. Shuttle pass's and bubble screens will do wonders for ones completion percentage. Do you not think as more and more game film on MT is available, more teams won't figure this out?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seventeen points would not have won that game, seeing as Seattle also scored seventeen. I saw some improvement, except again, on a critical drive after Seattle cuts the lead and puts the pressure on trubisky, he makes a horribly inaccurate throw on first down to robinson, then bails way too early on a 3rd and ten because of the blitz. Three and out. If Prince doesn't get the pick six, there's a good chance we're looking at a repeat of the Packers game.

do you think the Bears O and D would have been the same if the score was different?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard on the radio this morning that in the second half, his pass's averaged less than 3 yards in the air. That's not improvement, that is Mitch being managed better by Nagy. Shuttle pass's and bubble screens will do wonders for ones completion percentage. Do you not think as more and more game film on MT is available, more teams won't figure this out?

You probably don't listen to the extra Bears news but the Seahawks were playing deeper in the second half so the Bears were taking shorter shots. Basically what the defense gave them.....it wasn't management

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I think Mitch got a tiny bit better. 1 interception, 1 tip interception and 3 easy passes off the mark. His throw to Miller, in 2nd half, proves he can perform to protect the lead after poor execution. One more game under his belt. 2 games into a new system. He is growing.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You probably don't listen to the extra Bears news but the Seahawks were playing deeper in the second half so the Bears were taking shorter shots. Basically what the defense gave them.....it wasn't management

I heard that, I'm just not buying it. Why would they do that? Because of all the deep success the Bears had prior? Because they were protecting a lead?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Seahawks played a lot of 3 safteties.

Carroll's words: "We are trying to keep the linebackers from having too much of a game plan, too much burden on them, particularly Mychal to learn too much. "

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

In the 2nd half he went 12/14 for 88 yards and a TD and a 116.7 passer rating.

I will take that.

If teams want to take away the short passes then they will go over the top. The Seahawks were making him take short completions and drive the field and he did.

The low air yards is part of this offense, Alex Smith routinely had low air yards despite a good YPC.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
do you think the Bears O and D would have been the same if the score was different?
The bears D is getting wrecked by no huddle offenses, and the bears O can't move the ball after the script. There's nothing over the course of these two games so far that suggest it would be different.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The bears D is getting wrecked by no huddle offenses, and the bears O can't move the ball after the script. There's nothing over the course of these two games so far that suggest it would be different.

The 2nd TD they were trading that 7 points for almost 5 minutes off the clock. While ugly to watch, mathematically it is the correct decision. The one thing that you cannot let happen is a Randall Cobb.

The offense scored a FG in the 4th quarter to give a 2 score lead against the GB and they scored a 4th quarter TD against the Seahawks to maintain a 2 score lead. While not pretty or explosive that is far from incompetent.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The 2nd TD they were trading that 7 points for almost 5 minutes off the clock. While ugly to watch, mathematically it is the correct decision. The one thing that you cannot let happen is a Randall Cobb.

The offense scored a FG in the 4th quarter to give a 2 score lead against the GB and they scored a 4th quarter TD against the Seahawks to maintain a 2 score lead. While not pretty or explosive that is far from incompetent.
Mitch has the 31st YPA in the nfl right now. I'd call that incompetent. Even last night, it was under six. They look great on the scripted plays. Not so much after. I'm fine with most of the mistakes. It's how they look late in the game I'm not fine with. Like I said, without prince's pick six, we might be looking at back to back double digit collapses.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I heard that, I'm just not buying it. Why would they do that? Because of all the deep success the Bears had prior? Because they were protecting a lead?

You know what I'm not buying? The idea that your Lions are better than our Bears. Lol

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Mitch has the 31st YPA in the nfl right now. I'd call that incompetent. Even last night, it was under six. They look great on the scripted plays. Not so much after. I'm fine with most of the mistakes. It's how they look late in the game I'm not fine with. Like I said, without prince's pick six, we might be looking at back to back double digit collapses.

The majority of NFL games every week hinge on a couple plays. It's a GOOD thing our team was the one making them