Did Mitch improve from Game 1 to Game 2?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch has been average or bad so far.

This does not mean he will continue to be so.

The sample size is not large enough at this point to draw any conclusions at this point or even really make any predictions.

Week 17 might be a good time to start ID'ing trends.

I do find great irony in that many of the posters shoveling dirt on Trubisky after 400 NFL throws were the same posters jock riding for Cutler being able to improve from what he had shown to be after over 3,000 NFL throws.

Bingo, with a few exceptions that is.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler might have turned the corner with another 1000 throws.

giphy.gif

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
He obviously needs to improve but people get caught up too much the total points. The flow of the game determines the score. They were playing Seattle. They play more of a defensive, make no mistakes, force you into mistakes type of style. You know how many games like last night that Seattle has won the last 4-5 years? Games where they were losing the whole time and the other team eventually broke and turned the ball over and Seattle pulled off whatappeared to be some minor miracle? That’s what they do. Chicago was fine controlling field position. Mitch actually almost gave them a couple more turnovers which could have swung the tide but Seattle isn’t as talented as they were in years past and they didn’t come through. And obviously Mitch has gotta convert great field position like henwas getting all night better. I’m just saying people get too caught up with the whole “17 points isn’t enough” thing. 17 points is probably enough against that Seattle team. Obviously you can’t constantly rely on your defense to bail you out and score points themselves, but with what Chicago has 17 points might be enough. And like I said they won’t be playing a team like Seattle every week which tends to keep the score low.

Yeah, that’s all one paragraph. Sorry for the headache.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The question was, did Mitch improve, from Week 1 to Week 2, not will he improve as the season progress's.

Misques are to be expected. But what we are not seeing is a lot of the "wow" moments. I think he has all the physical tools he needs to succeed at a high level. What I am questioning at this juncture, is his mental aptitude, his ability to forget a mistake quickly, and come out slinging the rock, not what appears to be someone that is second guessing his decisions.....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The question was, did Mitch improve, from Week 1 to Week 2, not will he improve as the season progress's.

Misques are to be expected. But what we are not seeing is a lot of the "wow" moments. I think he has all the physical tools he needs to succeed at a high level. What I am questioning at this juncture, is his mental aptitude, his ability to forget a mistake quickly, and come out slinging the rock, not what appears to be someone that is second guessing his decisions.....

Nagy said Trubisky was able to put his miscues aside and come out strong when he needed to....Trubisky had two picks in the first half and then settled down a bit and scored 10 more points on 2 decent drives....not sure what you interpreted as "second guessing"

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Improvement comes with consistency and he is far from consistent. Just about every QB can make good plays now and again but nothing in his game suggests at this point he has any consistency.

Just a question of whether you a glass half full or half empty kind of guy.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I didn't see much improvement at all, if any. The 2 TDs were nice to see but the 2 INTs were not. Missed some layup throws like he did week 1. Hopefully being away from the bright lights against a putrid Cardinals team will do him some good because right now all we have seen is bad and ugly.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Improvement comes with consistency and he is far from consistent. Just about every QB can make good plays now and again but nothing in his game suggests at this point he has any consistency.

Just a question of whether you a glass half full or half empty kind of guy.

Better metaphor....The water is still being poured into a glass that we have no idea the size of yet.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Nagy said Trubisky was able to put his miscues aside and come out strong when he needed to....Trubisky had two picks in the first half and then settled down a bit and scored 10 more points on 2 decent drives....not sure what you interpreted as "second guessing"

Pretty sure I saw a quote from Mitch about not dwelling on mistakes and moving on. He said himself he needs to improve in that aspect.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Mitch Trubisky's strengths have always been throwing the short/medium routes.
The offense is certainly playing to his strengths. We are moving the chains better than we have in a long time.

We haven't really had any big explosive plays yet and they dont always come from 40 yard passes down field. I am surprised we havent seen more from Cohen, Miller, or Gabriel. Hopefully that improves as the season progresses.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
go to the 2 minute mark

[video=youtube;8s2Yc0Ak8_A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s2Yc0Ak8_A[/video]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Better metaphor....The water is still being poured into a glass that we have no idea the size of yet.

Hmm I would add the water is being spilled (bad plays) in addition to some of it being poured in the glass.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Hmm I would add the water is being spilled (bad plays) in addition to some of it being poured in the glass.

well your the idiot that ordered a glass of water rather then a beer.. and if you would stop being such a creep to the waitress she probably would not be pouring it in your lap

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
well your the idiot that ordered a glass of water rather then a beer.. and if you would stop being such a creep to the waitress she probably would not be pouring it in your lap

#triggered

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I think he improved in the sense that he didn't regress during the game and looked a little less lost. But I have to say I'm even more concerned about his downfield passing than I was before, simply because it seems to clearly be a consistent issue.

If there isn't a legitimate deeper ball threat, defenses start to swarm the short stuff and the running game, which I thought happened a lot last night.

Trubisky actually said the reason they didn't take shots down field in the 2nd half was because the defense continued to play off and allow the underneath stuff, which is contrary to how they thought the defense would react.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Last year still counts. And it is not pessimistic to suggest he should have been better against a banged up D.

Again what is exciting about not throwing to a wide open Burton because it is too risky but then throwing it up for grabs in the end zone? How is that progress?

Are you boiling the answer down to 1 play? I think you're boiling the answer down to 1 play.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
the "still can't hit a deep ball" thing is utter BS

hasn't hit one this year yet is more like it.

Doesn't the throw to Robinson in week 1 count as a deep ball? It went 30 yards in the air.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I thought we saw an improvement there.

He came out in the 2nd half was efficient and played well after a rough start.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didn't see much improvement at all, if any. The 2 TDs were nice to see but the 2 INTs were not. Missed some layup throws like he did week 1. Hopefully being away from the bright lights against a putrid Cardinals team will do him some good because right now all we have seen is bad and ugly.

That is all that needs to happen. Continued progression.

The interceptions did not bother me. The sideline one happens to every QB and Robinson needs to be more involved in the play and the tipped pass is just shit luck.

The Gabriel miss and the throw into the endzone concerned me the most. They were bad. It is crazy to think about if Miller catches the TD pass Mitch throws the play before the almost interception how different we would feel about the game.