Did Mitch improve from Game 1 to Game 2?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
thanks. However, I didn't say run the play over and over, I said why not a couple of three more times. You seem to be saying if something works once, archive it and never run it again cause they might stop it if you ran it over and over. Well they sure as shit run the same run play over and over and guess what, they stopped it over and over again. hey, I'm just a fan, but shit, I saw where this play worked once, maybe run it a second time some other series. That is and what has chaffed me with the Bears for over ten years now. They never run a play that was successful once a second time in a game. Shit, sometimes they don't run it again for games. It's stupid to me.

I see other teams exploit the bear defense with the same play over and over and guess what, it always works. maybe trying something that worked once more than once might actually work.

Because Seattle just saw that.....it isn't a standard formation that you run all the time...they would know what's up...you use plays like that very sparingly...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Drew Brees 14th game
22 of 41, 53.7% 239yds 5.8avg 0TD 3INT 40.6rate

Peyton Manning
19 of 27, 70.4% 159yds 5.9Avg 2TD 2INT 79.1rate

Tom Brady
19 of 35, 54.3% 237yds 6.8avg 0TD 1INT 63.6rate

maybe a little more time is needed for Mitch to figure it out?

you are addressing Bears fans......

jc456

Liked Posts:
Drew Brees 14th game
22 of 41, 53.7% 239yds 5.8avg 0TD 3INT 40.6rate

Peyton Manning
19 of 27, 70.4% 159yds 5.9Avg 2TD 2INT 79.1rate

Tom Brady
19 of 35, 54.3% 237yds 6.8avg 0TD 1INT 63.6rate

maybe a little more time is needed for Mitch to figure it out?

I don't think there is any choice. And the better the team, the weaker he will look. There was upside for those QBs. I don't see any with Mitch yet. Maybe just maybe, Mitch shouldn't have been the number two pick in the Draft nor should the bears have given up talent for him so he could learn.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you wonder over into the youtube cut up thread and watch the video he didn't play poorly.

Lots of quick decisive and accurate throws.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you wonder over into the youtube cut up thread and watch the video he didn't play poorly.

If you look at him last year...even some last week...he is getting the ball out. The Seahawks were giving up the short hooks and side lines and taking away the slants.....Trubisky did a good job on these throws.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Because Seattle just saw that.....it isn't a standard formation that you run all the time...they would know what's up...you use plays like that very sparingly...

well maybe you run a different option from it? just based on what you said. hly fk. I can't believe you said that.

I'll even bet for every formation there are multiple options to use.

Even, maybe they still don't defend it and they know the formation.

jc456

Liked Posts:

yep, I agree when you watch the video of his plays not too bad. The thing is the failures to get first downs aren't captured in the cut up.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
well maybe you run a different option from it? just based on what you said. hly fk. I can't believe you said that.

you can only run a variation of the same play repeatedly......Other teams don't run the same play repeatedly, especially trickery at the line a scrimmage...that would be a recipe for disaster...

jc456

Liked Posts:
you can only run a variation of the same play repeatedly......Other teams don't run the same play repeatedly, especially trickery at the line a scrimmage...that would be a recipe for disaster...

:lmao:

What if he doesn't toss it and instead actually hands it off to the RB and fakes the flip? oops that's an option right? Or how about he doesn't hand it off, doesn't flip it and instead boot legs it or maybe throws it down field? dude really? How many plays here with the same formation. too fking funny.:lmao:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I don't think there is any choice. And the better the team, the weaker he will look. There was upside for those QBs. I don't see any with Mitch yet. Maybe just maybe, Mitch shouldn't have been the number two pick in the Draft nor should the bears have given up talent for him so he could learn.

where he was drafted is irrelevant on how much time he needs to learn to play in the NFL.

Reactions: Myk

jc456

Liked Posts:

dk dude, Rodgers ran the same pass play for three TDs in the fourth qtr.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I went and charted every time that Mitch left the pocket against the Seahawks. It was actually a significant net positive when he decided to bail on the pocket.

In 35 pass plays he left the pocket, non designed, 9 times.

6 positive plays and 3 negative plays.

6 positive plays

1. Leno beat inside quickly, Trubisky avoids sack and completes pass
2. Blitz, 17 yard run
3. Leno late pressure, rolls out and hits Cohen for 17 yards
4. Pressure from he left, rolls hits Miller witha TD pass that is dropped
5. Rolls left and hits Miller for 17 into FG range [illegal formation]
6. Sims gets worked and Mitch runs for 6 yards on 1st down

3 bad plays

1. Horrible role out, did not need to leave, almost INT throw
2. Massie gives up pressure, but recovers and Mitch bails
3. Runs for 8 yards on 3rd and 10 and had Robinson coming across the middle

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
:lmao:

What if he doesn't toss it and instead actually hands it off to the RB and fakes the flip? oops that's an option right? Or how about he doesn't hand it off, doesn't flip it and instead boot legs it or maybe throws it down field? dude really? How many plays here with the same formation. too fking funny.:lmao:

.....or they could run different formations every time and keep the defense guessing.....

jc456

Liked Posts:
.....or they could run different formations every time and keep the defense guessing.....

I watched that, and we only scored 17 points. that isn't good enough to win in the NFL.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
dk dude, Rodgers ran the same pass play for three TDs in the fourth qtr.

when we get a goat then we can consider it.......why do you think that particular gimmick play would be the answer for the Bears offense?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
yep, I agree when you watch the video of his plays not too bad. The thing is the failures to get first downs aren't captured in the cut up.

They converted 16 1st downs

They went 3 and out 3 times in the game

-2 had penalties on WRs that backed them up
-1 was them killing the clock and Trubisky threw 1 screen pass

jc456

Liked Posts:
when we get a goat then we can consider it.......why do you think that particular gimmick play would be the answer for the Bears offense?

never said it would. I said it would be nice if we ran a play that was successful more than once. Maybe a couple of three more times. Go read it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I watched that, and we only scored 17 points. that isn't good enough to win in the NFL.

TD Drop by Miller
Illegal formation on Gabriel when Miller caught a long pass in FG range

That is 10 more points that Trubisky did everything he could to score.

The offense not scoring enough is not a function of solely the QB.

Reactions: Myk

jc456

Liked Posts:
They converted 16 1st downs

They went 3 and out 3 times in the game

-2 had penalties on WRs that backed them up
-1 was them killing the clock and Trubisky threw 1 screen pass

how many three and outs?