Did Mitch improve from Game 1 to Game 2?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
never said it would. I said it would be nice if we ran a play that was successful more than once. Maybe a couple of three more times. Go read it.

because the chance of success decreases when you run it over again.......why do most teams not run gimmick plays over again in the same game......

jc456

Liked Posts:
TD Drop by Miller
Illegal formation on Gabriel when Miller caught a long pass in FG range

That is 10 more points that Trubisky did everything he could to score.

The offense not scoring enough is not a function of solely the QB.

'shore' it is. (couldn't resist) He is the QB. that is the definition of the position.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Time of possession was an issue last year as the defense was getting completely gassed by the end of games.

Bears dominated time of possession last night .

jc456

Liked Posts:
because the chance of success decreases when you run it over again.......why do most teams not run gimmick plays over again in the same game......

oh for fking sake. dude. I disagree with you. accept it and move on.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
'shore' it is. (couldn't resist) He is the QB. that is the definition of the position.

He put the Bears in position for another 10 points and other players screwed it up.

This is an example of the growth that the entire offense needs to make. Miller catches the ball next time and Gabriel doesn't screw up where he lines up and the narrative is very different.

The entire offense needs to improve and as a function of that the QB will also improve, or at least his stat line will.

jc456

Liked Posts:
He put the Bears in position for another 10 points and other players screwed it up.

This is an example of the growth that the entire offense needs to make. Miller catches the ball next time and Gabriel doesn't screw up where he lines up and the narrative is very different.

The entire offense needs to improve and as a function of that the QB will also improve, or at least his stat line will.

still is up to the QB to overcome those mistakes. no matter how unfair that is. The QB is expected to make the plays. 17 points doesn't win that game.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
still is up to the QB to overcome those mistakes. no matter how unfair that is. The QB is expected to make the plays. 17 points doesn't win that game.

That is unrealistic.

Very few QBs overcome critical mistakes made around them. It is why there are no undefeated QBs.

17 points won the game. 17 points would have won 4 games yesterday.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I never said it was a good throw...wtf are you talking about.....

I was actually hoping Adi would give us a all-22 of that cause they didn't show us on tv clear enough if that ball or Miller was out of bounds with that pass. Not a good look and they didn't show a replay but i also thought it was a ball Miller should of caught but it was definitely close to being out of bounds.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was actually hoping Adi would give us a all-22 of that cause they didn't show us on tv clear enough if that ball or Miller was out of bounds with that pass. Not a good look and they didn't show a replay but i also thought it was a ball Miller should of caught but it was definitely close to being out of bounds.

both of his feet were in bounds as he was leaning out of bounds on the particular sidearm pass you were talking about.....if he had stuck it with no bobble, it would have been a TD....not the easy catch to make, but catchable...

jc456

Liked Posts:
That is unrealistic.

Very few QBs overcome critical mistakes made around them. It is why there are no undefeated QBs.

17 points won the game. 17 points would have won 4 games yesterday.

I said no matter how unfair.

And not our game.

jc456

Liked Posts:
well you would be wrong then.. draft position has no bearing on how quickly someone is capable of learning.

that isn't what you said though. Someone drafted one or two isn't expected to need development. It's why a team trades up to get that special talent, that guy that starts right away. Why they make more money as well. I never said someone drafted high up learns faster than anyone else. The draft position dictates the players talent based on what they already learned and can actually do.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
that isn't what you said though. Someone drafted one or two isn't expected to need development. It's why a team trades up to get that special talent, that guy that starts right away. Why they make more money as well. I never said someone drafted high up learns faster than anyone else. The draft position dictates the players talent based on what they already learned and can actually do.

thats exactly what I said. I posted 3 hall of fame QBs that struggled in game 14 and said that maybe Mitch needs more time..

you replied with draft position and I said "where he was drafted is irrelevant on how much time he needs to learn to play in the NFL."

now your expectation is that he should be ready immediately. But that is your expectation not reality. And for you to expect a QB that only played 1 year in college, had a bunch of games without any weapons and with a terrible OC last year, and now is in a new system and your expecting game 14 to be better then Tom Bradys, Mannings and Brees?

Kid is going to need time

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mitch has been average or bad so far.

This does not mean he will continue to be so.

The sample size is not large enough at this point to draw any conclusions at this point or even really make any predictions.

Week 17 might be a good time to start ID'ing trends.

I do find great irony in that many of the posters shoveling dirt on Trubisky after 400 NFL throws were the same posters jock riding for Cutler being able to improve from what he had shown to be after over 3,000 NFL throws.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
This is why you don’t trade up to draft Trubisky then. You stay at 3, keep your draft picks & draft a QB who is ready (e.g. Watson, Mahomes)

So there is nothing Trubisky can do to be a success because Pace moved up to draft him.

If the #2 pick isn't an instant god he must suck. Perfect Bear fan thinking.

holy fk. dude that was an amazing paragraph. No one could have said that any better. Again, however, it isn't bear football. The secret to bear football is avoid success.

I don't know if that's where your head is really at or if it's just talk, but perhaps it's time to move on to another team.
Yes that was a big problem with Angelo/Lovie but so far Pace/Nagy do seem to be changing old Bear habits that have continued from staff change to staff change.

I saw a tweet showing how Wilson had no WRs to throw to, nobody was open. Giving WRs huge cushions so they don't burn you is another old Bear habit hopefully gone for good.
If you can't watch without judging on decades old Bears faults it's time to find a different team. There are no rules stating you have to follow the Bears.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Mitch has been average or bad so far.

This does not mean he will continue to be so.

The sample size is not large enough at this point to draw any conclusions at this point or even really make any predictions.

Week 17 might be a good time to start ID'ing trends.

I do find great irony in that many of the posters shoveling dirt on Trubisky after 400 NFL throws were the same posters jock riding for Cutler being able to improve from what he had shown to be after over 3,000 NFL throws.

Cutler might have turned the corner with another 1000 throws.