Did Mitch improve from Game 1 to Game 2?

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
He missed a lot more throws than in Week 1. I say he looked worse. But a W is a W.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping Mitch improves, so remy will cool off on the repetition. Get laid, or punch a dolphin, ffs.

Everyone is saying the same thing. Windy been saying the same shit for weeks now. Maybe go ride his jock for a bit.

jc456

Liked Posts:
No that is based on other QBs showing more professional when learning a new offense. Ya'll grading Trubs like he is in special ed.

Exactly. IMO, Learning a new offense does not interfere with the flow of the game. Once the ball is snapped, the flow of the game is the same. I'm not giving up on Trubs, but not hitting open receivers is not due to a new offense. Over throwing receivers is not due to a new offense. Speed of the game will always be the speed of the game. Trubs needs to feel the game. I think 14 games is enough time to know the speed of the game.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If shovel pass TDS don’t count then Mahomes didn’t throw 6 TD passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they don't count when its Bears QBs you are hating on...just like almost interceptions only count for the same situation....

Reactions: Myk

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
the "still can't hit a deep ball" thing is utter BS

hasn't hit one this year yet is more like it.

This defense is so good that Nagy can continue to let Mitch throw deep balls and take chances. I'm still on the Mitch train. Last coaching staff did him no favors in terms of development, Nagy and staff will get him to where he needs to be.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Everyone is saying the same thing. Windy been saying the same shit for weeks now. Maybe go ride his jock for a bit.

Riding jocks eh? Your postings have been the same over and over. At least Windy has a bit of nuance, and balance to his posts. You've just become an annoying drone.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He missed a lot more throws than in Week 1. I say he looked worse. But a W is a W.

well....his completion percentage last week was 63% it was 75% this week...and he actually had a higher yards per attempt this week as well....

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Exactly. IMO, Learning a new offense does not interfere with the flow of the game. Once the ball is snapped, the flow of the game is the same. I'm not giving up on Trubs, but not hitting open receivers is not due to a new offense. Over throwing receivers is not due to a new offense. Speed of the game will always be the speed of the game. Trubs needs to feel the game. I think 14 games is enough time to know the speed of the game.

This is incorrect.

The more experience in the offense the more quickly you can go through your reads and you know what to do against different defenses. You also get more comfortable with how other players are going to react to different coverages and defenses.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Because this is going to take weeks, maybe months.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lets not assume that they won't.

Most people, regardless of task, will improve with repetitions.

The real question is what ceiling will Trubisky max out at once he gets the reps? Personally, I see a guy with really good physical tools and a guy who can make plays when he is off script, which makes me think when he improves on script and in the pocket we will see a jump.

Based off what I have seen of him so far I think his ceiling is Alex Smith. Let's not forget, it took a lot of years for Alex Smith to become Alex Smith.

Reactions: Myk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He will at some point, but he is also not the GOAT in the same system for 12 seasons.

The point is that even the best QBs look like shit from time to time. Even the best QBs make horrendous decisions with the football.

Sure and the good ones make up for it with great play. Over his body of work to date, Trubs has looked mediocre to downright horrible.
You are correct. That needs to be corrected. Luckily there are 14 more games and a bye week to correct those things.

No teams come out and play clean, dominant football in the opening weeks of the season. Everyone is a mess and needs to fix stuff over the opening games.

Amd yet others teams are putting away bad teams. This is simply not true. Some teams put bad teams away and some like the Bears don't.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
well....his completion percentage last week was 63% it was 75% this week...and he actually had a higher yards per attempt this week as well....

Wasn't looking at the stats. He missed more wide open throws that I remember, is what I should have said.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sure and the good ones make up for it with great play. Over his body of work to date, Trubs has looked mediocre to downright horrible.

Small sample size.

Judging Jared Goff at this exact point in his career would have left you pretty underwhelmed.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wasn't looking at the stats. He missed more wide open throws that I remember, is what I should have said.

there were about 3 wide oen throws I can think of that he missed.....if remember last week he wasn't even throwing to some of the wide open throws.....

so while it may have looked worse this week, he actually was making better reads.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Riding jocks eh? Your postings have been the same over and over. At least Windy has a bit of nuance, and balance to his posts. You've just become an annoying drone.

Lol no he doesn't. It is the same wait and see shit. You just view it differently because it is aligned with your views.

You are free to ignore my posts or we can continue discussing your crying about my posts. Good either way.

jc456

Liked Posts:
we'd all love Trubisky to make all the right reads and hit the open receivers.....but when you have a million things going on in a new offense even simple tasks are harder......as the game slows down and he gets more comfortable....and it isn't like he was constantly missing guys.......he will get to those open guys more often.

what millions of things are going on after the snap of the ball that are due to a new offense set? still mostly a four three four on the defensive side.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
what millions of things are going on after the snap of the ball that are due to a new offense set?

do you honestly need me to write a dissertation on the difference between a John Fox coached offense vs an RPO Matt Nagy offense

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is incorrect.

The more experience in the offense the more quickly you can go through your reads and you know what to do against different defenses. You also get more comfortable with how other players are going to react to different coverages and defenses.

That had fuck all to do with him missing WRs when they were wide fucking open.

Ya'll try to blame everything on learning curve which is bullshit. Did his read cause him to underthrow ARob?

The problem he has looked bad even when he makes the right reads.