Did Mitch improve from Game 1 to Game 2?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No that is based on other QBs showing more professional when learning a new offense. Ya'll grading Trubs like he is in special ed.

No, just keeping realistic expectations.

Yes, some QBs come out and play well in a new system and then a lot of time they regress. Some take longer to get going and then do no regress. It is difficult to apply one situation to the other.

But even recent examples of Jared Goff and Carson Wentz, both started much slower than they finished.

Goff had very average statistics before the bye week last season and Wentz was very ordinary in his first season with Pederson.

jc456

Liked Posts:
They are a playoff contender with average QB play. Trubs has not been average.

And I am judging him on these two games. Not anything else. My expectations for the season are irrelevant. I have seen more things that concern me in these 2 games. That is the issue.

Exactly!

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Four really. The pass to Jordan Howard went right through the defender's hands.

Defend Watson for an entire season when he makes shit throws.

Crucifies trubisky for ‘should’ve been’ interceptions.

Nice one, clown shoes.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
looked at the wrong box.....I'd still be happy if Mitch throw 220 yards and a couple TDs and won the game....I'd be giddy...I would not expect the Bears to be at the level of the Rams.....they have had more time together, a year extra experience .

Realistically can you expect the Berars to be fully as proficient as the Rams after two games......that is a fucking high bar you set...

I can expect them to dominate bad teams. They aren't doing that over 4 quarters.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
the dreaded almost INTs ...didn't we have an issue with these a few years back.....

If almost interceptions counted, Bears beat Packers by 2 scores last week.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I could agree with you a bit if he actually looked like he could see downfield. That isn't coachable. Either he sees open receivers or he doesn't. And right now after two games it is very apparent he can't see his receivers. The miss in the endzone with Burton in Game 1 was a Monstrous miss. Burton was open by almost ten yards right in fking front of him. he looked right at him and didn't throw. Why is the only question and we won't ever know. Then the throw into coverage last night in the endzone threw it horribly as you already stated. The receiver was actually eight yards away. he didn't see him. No touch on the throws was also very disappointing last night. I think it's ok that we expect that certain aspects of his game ought to be better even when learning a new offense. The flow of a play doesn't change, just the formation.

I'm not quitting on him just yet, but damn, I don't want another Cutler, and it appears we may have another.

What receivers did he not see?

The Burton miss was a circumstance of the play and him not pulling the trigger. He has seen most of the WRs he has just missed the throws.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Maybe Nagy knew they would not be ready for week 1 and still did not want guys to get hurt?

I think not playing in the pre-season was clearly a mistake at this point.

Thank you, and that's on coaching.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah then Rodgers blew up. Let me know when Trubs does.

He will at some point, but he is also not the GOAT in the same system for 12 seasons.

The point is that even the best QBs look like shit from time to time. Even the best QBs make horrendous decisions with the football.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If almost interceptions counted, Bears beat Packers by 2 scores last week.

they only count when Bears QBs almost throw them...and only Bears QBs you are hating on at the time....

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Simple question..... Did Mitch improve from Game 1 to Game 2 in YOUR personal opinion?

If YES..... why?

If NO..... why not?

And to be fair I guess "stayed the same" can also be an option here as well.

And I don't care if you hate or love Trubisky, that doesn't really matter for this. It's just simply..... did he improve? Or not?
No improvement and he is what he is, a guy who can't play at the NFL level. I'd compare him to the likes of a Matt Leinart. Didn't take long to see that top 10 pick just didn't have NFL caliber talent. It shouldn't take long with Trubisky either, it's that obvious.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can expect them to dominate bad teams. They aren't doing that over 4 quarters.

You are correct. That needs to be corrected. Luckily there are 14 more games and a bye week to correct those things.

No teams come out and play clean, dominant football in the opening weeks of the season. Everyone is a mess and needs to fix stuff over the opening games.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
one score was an INT return.....there were 2 TD passes a the rest were field goals.....

so if we score 7 points less than the rams offense and still win the game we aren't allowed to be excited.....we can only be "giddy" if we score 7 more points.....

Yes, it's all about penis envy.
If another QB is better it must mean ours sucks even if they change the QB they envy every week.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thank you, and that's on coaching.

Nagy has been as much to blame for the issues as Mitch.

But I also remember in Doug Pederson's 1st year in Philly they were ready to kill him. Michael Lombadri even said that Doug Pederson didn't belong as an NFL HC and ranked him 32/32.

Everyone is learning.

That is what gives me hope. The Bears should be 2-0, they could head into the bye week at 3-1 and the offense could make major improvements across the board. If the offense just makes it to competent this season we are fighting for a playoff spot.

jc456

Liked Posts:
so now you want Trubisky to look like Aaron Rodgers after 13 years in his second year.......

Not to answer for remy, but to answer your question, it wouldn't be a bad thing right?

Seriously, no, no one is expecting trubs to be rodgers. What some of us want is to see is the dude make throws that are there. that's it. No need to over think it or coach it. just hit the open receivers. Some interceptions are acceptable, it's why some of cutler's I didn't have a problem with, he anticipated often on a receiver breaking open and the receivers quit running. When a receiver is open, get the ball there. that's it.

BTW, that's all rodger's really does. He does it really well. Probably the best I've ever seen. Even better than Brady. I think I've seen the acronym GOAT.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Defend Watson for an entire season when he makes shit throws.

Crucifies trubisky for ‘should’ve been’ interceptions.

Nice one, clown shoes.

Nobody is talking about Watson you tedious drone. Put me on ignore if you can't handle me talking about the Bears QB.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Nobody is talking about Watson you tedious drone. Put me on ignore if you can't handle me talking about the Bears QB.

You ignored actual interceptions and now you want to count ‘almost interceptions.’

Actually Special person.

Stop being such a grumpy turd.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mitch looked better....I guess...but people comparing him to Goff or Wentz are missing the idea that both of those guys had a massive volume of throws in college Mitch didn't have. The developmental curve should be expected to be different.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You ignored actual interceptions and now you want to count ‘almost interceptions.’

Actually Special person.

Stop being such a grumpy turd.

You clearly get triggered when I post, and your pitiful, whiny responses to me are like an annoying insect flying around. So why not do us both a favor and just stop reading my posts?