Did Mitch improve from Game 1 to Game 2?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is going to be a slow painful process.

What we saw last night was an incremental positive step. He was bad in the middle of the game, but he pulled it together and made some plays later in the game that he did not make in GB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No one thinks that you should be excited.

But you should probably not be so pessimistic 2 games into a process that is going to take awhile.

Last year still counts. And it is not pessimistic to suggest he should have been better against a banged up D.

Again what is exciting about not throwing to a wide open Burton because it is too risky but then throwing it up for grabs in the end zone? How is that progress?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should we really be excited that the Bears scored 17 points against such a banged up D?

Next up are going to be excited when Mitch steals candy from a baby.

Rams hung 34 on the Cards. Watch people get giddy when Mitch gets us 20.

one score was an INT return.....there were 2 TD passes a the rest were field goals.....

so if we score 7 points less than the rams offense and still win the game we aren't allowed to be excited.....we can only be "giddy" if we score 7 more points.....

Reactions: Myk

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Should we really be excited that the Bears scored 17 points against such a banged up D?

Next up are going to be excited when Mitch steals candy from a baby.

Rams hung 34 on the Cards. Watch people get giddy when Mitch gets us 20.

If Mitch gets 20 points on the Cards, that's 13 more than Jared Goff got, who didn't even score until the 4th quarter.... what the fuck man

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Mitch gets 20 points on the Cards, that's 13 more than Jared Goff got, who didn't even score until the 4th quarter.... what the fuck man

goff had a 1st and 4th quarter TD.....

but yes Rams would have been behind at the half if it wearn't for the INT return.....

people look at the final score and make too many assumptions though

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Last year still counts. And it is not pessimistic to suggest he should have been better against a banged up D.

Again what is exciting about not throwing to a wide open Burton because it is too risky but then throwing it up for grabs in the end zone? How is that progress?

He is 2 games into learning a complex offense.

No one is telling you to be excited, especially not about that throw it was hot garbage.

He should have been better against a banged up D, but clearly this process is going to take more time than we think. We can sit here and say that he should be better and that the offense should be further along, but none of us know what the timetable is to install and master this offense. None of us know how much of this is normal because we have never installed an NFL offense.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mitch has not been good. But very few people are when they are learning something new.

These mistakes, missed throws, dumb ass decisions, are all learning opportunities and chances to improve. All we can hope is that the defense keeps us competitive while the offense gets this out of their system.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Someone posted yesterday that the Mack signing puts more pressure on βmitch. I think it's the opposite. It takes pressure off. This D can make up for QB mistakes, and draw some attention away.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We saw incremental improvement from the offense.

They were not as sloppy a shit show as they were in GB, we saw some nice play calling from Nagy, and we saw Trubisky rebound from a really bad 2nd quarter.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Someone posted yesterday that the Mack signing puts more pressure on βmitch. I think it's the opposite. It takes pressure off. This D can make up for QB mistakes, and draw some attention away.

The hope is that Mack can carry them for enough weeks for the offensive to become competent.

He does apply pressure over the entirety of the season, but he lessens the need for the offense to be exceptional right now.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The hope is that Mack can carry them for enough weeks for the offensive to become competent.

He does apply pressure over the entirety of the season, but he lessens the need for the offense to be exceptional right now.

I disagree. Mack buys Trubisky time IMO.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I never said it was a good throw...wtf are you talking about.....

well you called me drunk so I'm guessing what you saw was a good throw. Cause in my stooper the ball wasn't near a Bear receiver and it hit the hands of the defender #28 on the goal line. There was a bear wide open in the corner another eight yards away. but of course I was the one drunk. LOL

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
How many people just wanted to see Trubisky "throw" multiple TD passes last week only to run right back here bitching about how it wasn't good enough lol

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here is what we hope for

Weeks 1-4: Defense carries the offense and offense gets this shit out of their system

Weeks 5-8: Defense continues to be elite, Offense is consistent and average

Weeks 8-11: Defense continues to be elite, Offense becomes above average

Weeks 12-16: Defense is elite, but no longer needs to be, Offense is consistently a threat

That would be an ideal progression for this season and how the Bears can be playing real football in December.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I disagree. Mack buys Trubisky time IMO.

He buys him time early in the season. Later in the season the expectation will be competitive football in December which I do not think many of us were expecting before he arrived.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
well you called me drunk so I'm guessing what you saw was a good throw. Cause in my stooper the ball wasn't near a Bear receiver and it hit the hands of the defender #28 on the goal line. There was a bear wide open in the corner another eight yards away. but of course I was the one drunk. LOL

It was a horrendous throw. He needed to loft it to the back of the end zone where it could be caught or go out of bounds.

It was a bad decision for Mitch.

jc456

Liked Posts:
He is 2 games into learning a complex offense.

No one is telling you to be excited, especially not about that throw it was hot garbage.

He should have been better against a banged up D, but clearly this process is going to take more time than we think. We can sit here and say that he should be better and that the offense should be further along, but none of us know what the timetable is to install and master this offense. None of us know how much of this is normal because we have never installed an NFL offense.

never have liked excuses for players. The only issue that Mitch doesn't have control over is the blocking scheme up front. the rest is on him. and perhaps he should have played in the third preseason game maybe eh?

jc456

Liked Posts:
It was a horrendous throw. He needed to loft it to the back of the end zone where it could be caught or go out of bounds.

It was a bad decision for Mitch.

Exactly what I saw. but I was drunk according to the other poster here.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

You claimed I said that was a good read...you are making shit up...I never said that was a good throw....you claimed there were no bears receivers there...I said there were two, but Mitch should have lofted it...

stop making shit up that I said it was a good read, moron...

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
As a fan it was frustrating to watch.

I saw a solid game plan much better then what I saw in the pack game so naggy gets a +1

From trubisky I saw too much happy feet. His deep throws stink. I expect more then 5 yard throws from the number 2 pick over all. He really gets rattled when the pressure is on. He seems like he doesn’t have the confidence to make the play cause he is staring down wide open players at times. I’m not an expert idk if these things should cause a panic or it’s something that will take time to remedy

I will stick to work in progress but my faith in him has taken a hit these passed two games. Especially cause it’s not like he doesn’t have the weapons and coaching to succeed.