Did Mitch improve from Game 1 to Game 2?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was improved.

He still missed 2-3 throws that we really need him to make, but he looked more poised and not as hurried. He seemed like he was more in command and he made 3-4 throws that were really strong plays for him.

The Gabriel miss was the one that bugged me a lot. The Robinson underthrow happens, even the great QBs leave those short from time to time.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Minor improvement on technical performance over last week - he still has a long ways to go on both pre-and-post snap reads, as well as execution.

But he had moderate improvement in his mental game this time around. While he wasn't tearing up SEA defense, he was still mentally in the game. Last week he went into deer-in-headlights/survival mode and at the end wasn't even reading/reacting. Last week he was just running around for his life while taking his eyes off of his receivers. This week he stayed in it, continued to read and attempt throws. He had a little bit of happy feet, but he was still throwing punches in the ring.

I think Trubisky needs a few more of these type games to get his confidence back. I have less problems with him missing throws downfield now, if he's going to make mistakes do it while being aggressive. He learns that way, next time he wont miss wide open receiver down the middle, or underthrow Robinson. He improves nothing when he panic throws to Sims for -2 yards on 3rd down. Trubisky still has a loooong way to go, but this game he actually looked like he was mentally in it, and learning what he can do. Last game he was just terrified.

Arizona will be a big game for Trubisky's development. If he can put up 220 yards 2 TDs 0 Ints or around that he can really create some momentum for himself that can help carry him into the middle of the schedule.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The improvement I saw this week was the play calling. I think Nagy put more on Mitch and called for less screens. Mitch didn't respond well.

What worries me is when they will inevitably be playing from behind. Mitch can win a ball control game like next week against the Cards. What about a shootout game like week 4 might be against the Bucs.

The stats say he did improve. He improved in every statistical category except picks but even then 1 was tipped. Also the best sign we got from Mitch was his ability to come out after half time and just relax and make the throws he had to make

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of the things that make me believe that Mitch is going to be good is his improvement on not hanging on to the ball from last year......he did that a lot last year. This year he is taking off a bit early but he is not letting the pocket collapse around him to the point of no return. Mitch can be dangerous outside the pocket and I'd rather see him move a bit and make a play happen than stay in and risk a sack and fumble.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The narrative would be a little different with a couple of plays that had nothing to do with him,

1. Miller 14 yard completion into FG range called back on a formation penalty
2. The Frank Clark offside sack
3. The false start on Gabriel that killed another drive

Those 3 plays came on drives when they were about to enter the scoring zone. At a minimum they could have been an additional 9 points.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
One of the things that make me believe that Mitch is going to be good is his improvement on not hanging on to the ball from last year......he did that a lot last year. This year he is taking off a bit early but he is not letting the pocket collapse around him to the point of no return. Mitch can be dangerous outside the pocket and I'd rather see him move a bit and make a play happen than stay in and risk a sack and fumble.

He does seem to be more capable of eating less sacks but what the heck is up with his accuracy? I thought that was supposed to be his number 1 legit trait coming out?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Slight improvement but not much. Still runs out of the pocket despite zero pressure, still cant hit a deep ball, still make bad decisions, still overthrows anyone and still has happy feet. He did throw two td passes and didnt go into timid deer mood so there is the improvement

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Yes, he improved.
What makes him improved is the scramble with a touch pass over the head of the defender to Cohen was very much what I want to see him do. Not every time, but that it the kind of play that separates the good teams from the best teams, A QB that can buy extra time and find the open guy.

He bounced back in the second half and executed on the long drive resulting in a TOUCHDOWN. He looked calm and collected during that drive, and while I know that an intangible like his body language does not count in the stats, to me that was very important in his growth.

jc456

Liked Posts:

Like the scramble where he threw it right to the Seattle defender in the endzone? That good read? He obviously didn't see a bear there since there wasn't one there.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like the scramble where he threw it right to the Seattle defender in the endzone? That good read? He obviously didn't see a bear there since there wasn't one there.

not sure if you were drunk last night but there was two Bears there....he should have lofted it instead of muscling it....re-watch the play if you can

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

QBs make dumb throws. It is not unique to our QB.

jc456

Liked Posts:
not sure if you were drunk last night but there was two Bears there....he should have lofted it instead of muscling it....re-watch the play if you can

they were in the back of the endzone. were you watching? whose hands did the ball touch? there was no pressure on him at all outside the pocket on that throw. But you think it was a good throw? :turrible:

He needed eight yards more on the effort.

jc456

Liked Posts:
QBs make dumb throws. It is not unique to our QB.

we lived with that for how many years with Cutler? Oh goodie we get more from another QB. That was as bad a throw as I have ever seen from where he was with no one around him. I still don't know how it didn't get picked.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Should we really be excited that the Bears scored 17 points against such a banged up D?

Next up are going to be excited when Mitch steals candy from a baby.

Rams hung 34 on the Cards. Watch people get giddy when Mitch gets us 20.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
we lived with that for how many years with Cutler? Oh goodie we get more from another QB. That was as bad a throw as I have ever seen from where he was with no one around him. I still don't know how it didn't get picked.

Because DBs drop easy interceptions. Please see Kyle Fuller v Aaron Rodgers.

All QBs make dumbass throws. Sometimes they are bailed out and the defense drops them.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Should we really be excited that the Bears scored 17 points against such a banged up D?

Next up are going to be excited when Mitch steals candy from a baby.

Rams hung 34 on the Cards. Watch people get giddy when Mitch gets us 20.

No one thinks that you should be excited.

But you should probably not be so pessimistic 2 games into a process that is going to take awhile.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The narrative would be a little different with a couple of plays that had nothing to do with him,

1. Miller 14 yard completion into FG range called back on a formation penalty
2. The Frank Clark offside sack
3. The false start on Gabriel that killed another drive

Those 3 plays came on drives when they were about to enter the scoring zone. At a minimum they could have been an additional 9 points.

I would add the Miller drop in the endzone as well......we would be looking at a 3TD performance with that

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
they were in the back of the endzone. were you watching? whose hands did the ball touch? there was no pressure on him at all outside the pocket on that throw. But you think it was a good throw? :turrible:

I never said it was a good throw...wtf are you talking about.....

richb688

Liked Posts:
you have a special tv and see things other people don't see-did not see that many open wide recievers-and yes all QB have bad passes god