Did Mitch improve from Game 1 to Game 2?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
one score was an INT return.....there were 2 TD passes a the rest were field goals.....

so if we score 7 points less than the rams offense and still win the game we aren't allowed to be excited.....we can only be "giddy" if we score 7 more points.....

It is a bad team. We need to bury them. That is the point. Just like this Seahawks team is a bad team that we failed to bury.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is a bad team. We need to bury them. That is the point. Just like this Seahawks team is a bad team that we failed to bury.

but that it isn't what you said.....you were drogatory towards fans that would dare to be giddy if we put 20 points up on the Cardinals.....

Rams only had 10 offensive points against the Cardinals in the first half......

This forum has come full circle....some people claiming we should only win about 7 games and now we should be winning games by blowouts.....

I think people should temper their expectations and enjoy the process instead of going from I hope contend in December to we should be winning these games by blowouts......

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is 2 games into learning a complex offense.

No one is telling you to be excited, especially not about that throw it was hot garbage.

He should have been better against a banged up D, but clearly this process is going to take more time than we think. We can sit here and say that he should be better and that the offense should be further along, but none of us know what the timetable is to install and master this offense. None of us know how much of this is normal because we have never installed an NFL offense.

Excuses Windy. Ya'll act like it is impossible to look professional while learning a new offense.

The dude looks like a rank amateur at times. People wouldn't be as shocked if he carried himself like a pro.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

Just because the seahawks are not a superbowl contender and have lost a lot of key players does not mean they are a bad team...... They nearly won a week ago against denver, and they had 3 interceptions of case keenum.

Shaquill Griffin is a solid player and he made some really nice plays out there, albeit the throws could've been better.

ALL OFF SEASON you wanted to take this 'wait and see' mentality. Now you are coming out guns blazing like all this time you were expecting a super bowl contender. The Bears don't look like a super bowl contender right now, but they also don't look like a fucking 5-11 team.

So what exactly were your expectations then? Do they look like a 5 win team to you, or were you seriously thinking they would come out looking like a team that will win the superbowl?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
never have liked excuses for players. The only issue that Mitch doesn't have control over is the blocking scheme up front. the rest is on him. and perhaps he should have played in the third preseason game maybe eh?

Whether you like excuses or not they are relevant.

This offense was never going to good or efficient for week 1. It is just not realistic. Most teams running new offensive systems have struggled early in the season. It takes time and it will take us more time because we do not have an experienced veteran QB.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Push.

Yes throwing for more than one TD was great, but both picks were ugly as sin. This is an offense that is supposed to want to push the ball down the field and Mitchell's deep ball still looks really bad.

I do give him credit for keeping it together in the second half, but he should be buying the defense steak dinners every week.
This but I will say Nagy called a game that allowed for more errors and learning. Doesn't mean the learning part will work that way but while Mitch was a push, Nagu gets a plus.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Excuses Windy. Ya'll act like it is impossible to look professional while learning a new offense.

The dude looks like a rank amateur at times. People wouldn't be as shocked if he carried himself like a pro.

Realistic expectations.

We can all sit hear and say that he should look better, but that is based on what we want.

This is going to be a longer process than any of us want.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
but that it isn't what you said.....you were drogatory towards fans that would dare to be giddy if we put 20 points up on the Cardinals.....

Rams only had 10 offensive points against the Cardinals in the first half......

This forum has come full circle....some people claiming we should only win about 7 games and now we should be winning games by blowouts.....

I think people should temper their expectations and enjoy the process instead of going from I hope contend in December to we should be winning these games by blowouts......

The game is not just the first half and even if it was they scored 19 in the first half.

Goff threw for 350 yards and Gurley had 3 rushing TDs.

And I have nothing to do with what someone else said. This team should be blowing out the likes of the Seahawks and Cards.

jc456

Liked Posts:

This offense was never going to good or efficient for week 1. It is just not realistic. Most teams running new offensive systems have struggled early in the season. It takes time and it will take us more time because we do not have an experienced veteran QB.

kind of why preseason to practice makes more sense than sitting the offense. I'll beg to differ with you. Nagy's view most have been different as well because of the third preseason sit.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Aaron Rodgers looked like a rattled child in the 1st half against the Bears and then threw what should have been a horrendous game ending interception.

Even the greatest QB of all time looks horrible in small sample sizes.

Expecting him to not have ups and downs is unrealistic. Expecting him not to miss throws and make idiot decisions is unrealistic.

All we can expect is incremental improvement each week, and hope that there is a jump at some point.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Wasn't expecting to see things click until at least the 2nd quarter of the season and that would be early. Still need to limit errors on broken plays and take good lanes etc. Not ready to dump on Mitch in general this early but some things could be better right now.

Reactions: Myk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The game is not just the first half and even if it was they scored 19 in the first half.

Goff threw for 350 yards and Gurley had 3 rushing TDs.

looked at the wrong box.....I'd still be happy if Mitch throw 220 yards and a couple TDs and won the game....I'd be giddy...I would not expect the Bears to be at the level of the Rams.....they have had more time together, a year extra experience .

Realistically can you expect the Berars to be fully as proficient as the Rams after two games......that is a fucking high bar you set...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Realistic expectations.

We can all sit hear and say that he should look better, but that is based on what we want.

No that is based on other QBs showing more professional when learning a new offense. Ya'll grading Trubs like he is in special ed.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
kind of why preseason to practice makes more sense than sitting the offense. I'll beg to differ with you. Nagy's view most have been different as well because of the third preseason sit.

Maybe Nagy knew they would not be ready for week 1 and still did not want guys to get hurt?

I think not playing in the pre-season was clearly a mistake at this point.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
the dreaded almost INTs ...didn't we have an issue with these a few years back.....

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just because the seahawks are not a superbowl contender and have lost a lot of key players does not mean they are a bad team...... They nearly won a week ago against denver, and they had 3 interceptions of case keenum.

Shaquill Griffin is a solid player and he made some really nice plays out there, albeit the throws could've been better.

ALL OFF SEASON you wanted to take this 'wait and see' mentality. Now you are coming out guns blazing like all this time you were expecting a super bowl contender. The Bears don't look like a super bowl contender right now, but they also don't look like a fucking 5-11 team.

So what exactly were your expectations then? Do they look like a 5 win team to you, or were you seriously thinking they would come out looking like a team that will win the superbowl?

They are a playoff contender with average QB play. Trubs has not been average.

And I am judging him on these two games. Not anything else. My expectations for the season are irrelevant. I have seen more things that concern me in these 2 games. That is the issue.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Realistic expectations.

I could agree with you a bit if he actually looked like he could see downfield. That isn't coachable. Either he sees open receivers or he doesn't. And right now after two games it is very apparent he can't see his receivers. The miss in the endzone with Burton in Game 1 was a Monstrous miss. Burton was open by almost ten yards right in fking front of him. he looked right at him and didn't throw. Why is the only question and we won't ever know. Then the throw into coverage last night in the endzone threw it horribly as you already stated. The receiver was actually eight yards away. he didn't see him. No touch on the throws was also very disappointing last night. I think it's ok that we expect that certain aspects of his game ought to be better even when learning a new offense. The flow of a play doesn't change, just the formation.

I'm not quitting on him just yet, but damn, I don't want another Cutler, and it appears we may have another.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Aaron Rodgers looked like a rattled child in the 1st half against the Bears and then threw what should have been a horrendous game ending interception.

Even the greatest QB of all time looks horrible in small sample sizes.

Expecting him to not have ups and downs is unrealistic. Expecting him not to miss throws and make idiot decisions is unrealistic.

All we can expect is incremental improvement each week, and hope that there is a jump at some point.

Yeah then Rodgers blew up. Let me know when Trubs does.